shape
carat
color
clarity

Vera Bradley--Is Anyone Else In Love?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just can''t get enough Vera Bradley! I just bought the Vera tote in my new favorite pattern, Mod Floral Pink. I have the 2008 agenda, a lunch sack, the checkbook cover, and some handbags. I just adore the patterns and the soft quilts, and I''m thinking of getting a set of Vera Bradley luggage for our honeymoon.

Any other Vera fans out there? Anyone have Vera luggage?

My new tote:

VeraModFloralPink.jpeg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love mod pink, I also love java Blue, which I did get in some luggage, both hard and soft. I have some of the stationery as well, in mod pink and java blue. I got some of the travel cases too. I do not carry her handbags, but I like the designs for totes and things. I did get the travel umbrella and the apron in the mod pink.

The weird thing is I would never buy Louis Vuitton luggage because it screams, NICE LUGGAGE, NICE STUFF INSIDE TOO, STEAL ME. I did not think the Vera was too fancy, but the luggage man for US Air at O''Hare was in love with it, and kept saying, Oh it is so nice that must have been really expensive! Did not love it I can tell you.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I might be the only guy on the planet who likes Vera Bradley. For Christmas, I got my stepmother a set in mod pink and my mom a set in mod blue.

Other than the Mod Floral, I like the Botanica also.

Diamond, my luggage is LV, but I have the Daimer Canvas which most people don't really recognize I suppose.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i do have the monogrammed blue toile cotton classic. i have the large and small duffel and the travel case. i would not use it for air travel. for the car it is fine but my personal preference would be to not use it on a plane.

i don't own any of the handbags as i prefer a leather bag. i do see them carried some but their popularity has died down in my area. the eyeglass cases that hold both reading and sunglasses are nice and i have three of those.

i hope you enjoy your new tote.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 1:13:12 AM
Author: pennquaker09
I might be the only guy on the planet who likes Vera Bradley. For Christmas, I got my stepmother a set in mod pink and my mom a set in mod blue.

Other than the Mod Floral, I like the Botanica also.

Diamond, my luggage is LV, but I have the Daimer Canvas which most people don''t really recognize I suppose.

i don''t know if you frequent the purse forum. the dc is pretty popular over there and i think a lot of people would recognize it. i like it but don''t own any pieces of it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just think the LV is gorgeous but it is also heavy, and can be a target when you check you luggage.

Baggage people know the nice stuff too, and often are not too careful when loading or unloading your nicer things...

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
I have several Vera Bradley handbags and my favorite styles are the Little Betsey and the Bowler. I really like the Kensington pattern for fall/winter. I usually get the darker patterns since don''t show dirt as much. I don''t have any of the luggage.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I only started carrying Vera Bradley a few years ago when my godmother-in-law offered me a few pieces out of her collection... before that, I'd never even noticed it! I like that it's fun and light and different (well, not TOO different, considering how many people carry it... but different than my usual stuff, anyway!). I haven't gotten anything new in a while, but would love a nice oversized bag for weekend travel. Java Blue is my current fav print, but I have a few Piccadilly Plum pieces that I love. DH hates it though!! Not sure why... he is picky about random things.
26.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to collect Vera Bradley. I had a cedar closet crammed with her clothing in many sizes. I could identify almost all the old patterns and kept them on my computer to help other people on eBay who wanted to know pattern names...this was before a chart showing the names of old patterns came out. I still have a few large cardboard boxes full of Vera Bradley pieces I bought in the fear that they might become unobtainable. I have a lot of pieces in Red Leaf, Elizabeth and Maison Blue...but also some Christmas pieces in old, obscure, and gorgeous patterns. Never used. Some new with tags (NWT). I had thought I might make a business out of my love for the stuff. I lost money :).

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this photo comes out a reasonable size! It is of a pocketbook currently for sale on eBay. It is the Vera Bradley classic purse, but in a retired holiday pattern. I have another bag in this pattern. The seller is asking $299.00 for this bag, which is new with tags. I think it is gorgeous.

Deborah
34.gif

VeraBradleyHoliday.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I have lots (mostly luggage) and have been building a little petal pink collection for DD. It is such a cute pattern for little girls
36.gif
. I even got some napkins so I could make matching skirts for her and her bitty baby doll
2.gif
. I must say that when she and the doll wear matching petal pink skirts and she has her small Vera suitcase it is freaking cute!!! SIL just sent her the lunch bag for when she starts kindergarten. She will be totally styling with her Vera Bradley lunch bag and UCLA floral backpack. When she was a baby I had the red bandana baby bag and the pink pansy back sack for diaper bags. Pardon my enthusiasm
26.gif
...I get excited about all things fabric and pink and girly. I''ve often thought of ordering a bunch of petal pink napkins and making a quilt for DD''s room. I love that pattern!

I wish I had a small girl (or boy I guess) pet so I could have that pet carrying case, but, my cat and dog are too big for it. And my dog chews any non metal leashes.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deborah--It''s never too late to sell your items on eBay, if you''re willing to part with them. I love that pocketbook you posted.

Miranda--That is adorable, I can only imagine your daughter carrying a doll wearing a matching VB skirt! So wonderful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Maison Blue luggage which I use for car trips, not flying. I love the tote bags, too! I have about 4 of those for different purposes! My little girl got the Java Blue purse for Christmas. I don't use them for purses myself, but I love the luggage and tote bags!

Penn, those were wonderful gifts you gave your Moms!

Haven, aren't you a teacher, too? For some reason, I think a lot of teachers use the VB totes!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I AM a teacher, DS, great memory.

I''m the only one who even KNOWS about Vera Bradley in my school, such a shame! And they all use about six totes each, imagine not one of them is a VB!

Does anyone use VB rolling luggage for flying? Is this a bad idea?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s funny, other teachers at my school have a few VB pieces, and it DOES seem like a very teachery type of brand. I don''t have any VB bags myself but a teacher friend of mine is slightly obsessed with her collection.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have her diaper bag.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2007 12:26:38 AM
Author: Haven
I AM a teacher, DS, great memory.

I''m the only one who even KNOWS about Vera Bradley in my school, such a shame! And they all use about six totes each, imagine not one of them is a VB!

Does anyone use VB rolling luggage for flying? Is this a bad idea?
I just use the standard black luggage for flying. I would be afraid something like VB would get damaged the way they toss the luggage around.

Maybe you can start the trend at your school, Haven! The tote bags are great because they are so well made! I bought my daughter one for her August birthday right before she started teaching.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I just got a Petal Pink Clip Zip ID for a Christmas gift and I love it. It''s really cute. I never really noticed VB stuff before but I just checked out the website and it has some really cute stuff!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
While I like Vera Bradley, I don''t buy it. It isn''t *go with everything* neutral enough for me. I find it charming; just not worth buying for myself. Maybe an eyeglass case. . . hmmmm . . .

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
vera bradley is HUGE here in western ohio, but my dd attends university in northwestern indiana where it''s much less seen. i have bought her a couple of pieces(duffel, tote, make-up travel bag) in a pink/green pattern. it''s young fresh and trendy but i bought the black microfiber for myself and absolutely love it. well made and looks nice without screaming status bag.

lydia

Rough_Rock
I live in Fort Wayne, IN where Vera Bradley was first produced in the basement of the founders. Each year there is a huge sale at the coliseum where you can purchase things for 1/2 price. I have always been fortunate enough to be given a pass so I get to go to a premier showing/early sale. I have several pieces and when our boys were in little league and then high school baseball I always carried Vera Bradley so I wouldn''t ruin nice leather bags on the bleachers and the rainy weather. Also, about a month before the sale orders from family and friends start coming in for me to purchase. I always enjoy going and it is a crazy time with a bunch of women grabbing purses like you have never seen. I do not have the hard luggage but am seriously thinking of purchasing some this year for our Hawaii vacation.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got some of the luggage in the java blue and really like it, it stands out from the typical black stuff.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have "token" items... all in java blue: toiletry carrier, small duffel, laundry bag. Travel stuff. I don''t generally like it in an everyday bag, more for whimsical travel items.

I don''t really see ANYONE carrying vera bradley here (LA), but see it EVERYWHERE whenever I go home (Illinois). I flew out of O''Hare a few days ago, and I couldn''t even count how many VB handbags/totes/luggage pieces I saw there! Very big in the midwest, I guess.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
their stationery is nice. I got some note cubes, pencils, pads and clipboards which I think make being organized look nice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results