shape
carat
color
clarity

Venus by Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

djm1965

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased a Venus by Infinity diamond? If so, what are your thoughts?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't purchase a Venus by infinity stones. But paul recut it into a venus stone for me. Click on the link.

Here's the stone after recut

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Paul and his Venus associates are very fine people.

He is a little over the top with his quality control for my liking. But that probably tells you that what he does he does well.

Loengard

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a 1.25c H VS2 ideal cut diamond from Paul, with top specs. As a preliminary warning to this 'review', I must state that I write this review as a consumer, and not as a diamond expert. Therefore, this might be more useful to assess Paul's service and honesty, than it is to assess the amazing quality of his diamond production.

I first heard of Paul on the Pricescope forum. I was looking around for ideal cut but affordable diamonds, and found that this carries great problems if you are located within the EU (I live in Belgium), as any purchase from the US incurs quite substantial import duties. Via this forum, I started e-mailing with Paul.

From the onset, I was amazed by Paul's no-nonsense but amazingly honest approach. I write him the stones I would be interested in, and he swiftly replied with two stones: a 1.08c and a 1.25c, both (obviously) ideal cut.

After some mailing back and forth, we agreed to meet to discuss the purchase a bit more in detail and to have a real-life look at the diamonds. I met Paul in his 'natural habitat' in Antwerp, in a former De Beers-owned building in the Antwerp diamond district. His office was as I would imagine a diamond cutter's office to be: full of expert looking tools, that you do not have the slightest idea of how to use them.

Paul brought out the two diamonds and showed them via every possible idealscope, firescope, etc. We discussed in detail the specs and had a look at the H&As. Paul also uses a service called Elmyr-service, which bundles all information such as Sarin reports and 3D models of the diamond (with every possible information you could possibly desire, and then some!). This Elmyr information, you have access to to review at home.

Then Paul took several hours to talk to me about everything related to the diamond I wanted to purchase in particular, and to the diamond industry in general. He is clearly passionate about what he's doing, which also reflects in the quality of his output.

Contrary to what every jeweller would have done, Paul recommended me to take the smaller diamond rather than the bigger one (as the smaller one got graded one colour degree lower than he thought it really was, so it was a real opportunity). Greedy as I was, I decided to take the bigger one nonetheless.

Further to this meeting (which was reallly pleasant and informative), Paul always kept me up-to-date, mailing even late at evenings and throughout the weekends, on the latest developments (i.e. the AGS grading). There were a few minor problems with the AGS grading (colour graded H instead of G), whereupon Paul, without any fuss, lowered the price accordingly. When I complimented him for this, he seemed even amazed at the compliment, stating that he could not have done anything otherwise!

Currently, the diamond is in my possession and I'm looking for a nice setting, which I'll probably end up getting in a nice jeweller in Brussels (which is were I live). As soon as I get the ring (most probably in a Cartier setting), I'll obviously flood the forum with pictures and the exact specs of the diamond.

Thank you all, including but not limited to Paul, for the wonderful assistance you gave in selecting this diamond. This assistance did not only come from straightforward answers to my questions, but also from the knowledge I was able to build up just 'lurking' about the forum!

And now for the scary part: the proposal
loopy.gif
!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
If you do a little search, you'll find that I also bought a Venus diamond.
(BTW, I'm still selling it.)
Paul's diamonds are the best diamonds on the market because they are not so deep as other "ideal" brands.
Paul doesn't cut for weight retention but for beauty.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

I just wanted to thank you for the nice comments.

Knowing that most of the people who bought our stones up to now, did not frequent Pricescope, I am pleasantly surprised by the reactions.

djm1965, if you have any more detailed questions, please feel free to PM or e-mail me directly.

Live long,

djm1965

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for the responses/opinions - I love this site!

Paul, I appreciate your offer. I came across your brand on the Dutton Diamonds website (via price scope) and was immediately interested as I have been searching for a Super-Ideal cut H&A stone.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary @ Dutton Diamonds aka diamondexpert is a great guy.
Iv bought some gemstones from him and would buy from him again.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of the best things about Paul's stones is their consistency. The absolute "worst" HCA I have ever seen on one of his stones is a 1.4 with most ranging from 0.4 to 0.9. (For any readers not familiar with HCA, anything 2 or lower is considered excellent.)

They are very bright with lots of dispersion. Paul cuts them close to the edge which as has been recently revealed at the Moscow Cut Conference is where you get the most contrast and therefor the most startling performance. It is not enough for Paul to cut his stones to ideal proportions, but he insists on cutting them for ideal performance too.

djm1965, you will be well served to call Gary Dutton and arrange to see some of these wonderful stones. He will take great care of you and when you see the stones you will realize why those who have seen them are very taken with them!

Wink

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wink, you carry them as well, don't you?

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
Right there speaks volumes for what an absolute gentleman and professionally oriented businessperson Wink is. You're right Hest88, Wink does carry the Venus by Infinity diamonds as well. This is such the opposite end of the ethical spectrum as what most of us are used to dealing with. For your reference, they are the only two distributors in the US, and both offer outstanding customer service from what I've heard. You really can't go wrong either way.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for the kind words.

Paul is going to be soon looking for new people to work with him also. He wants people who believe in working together as a team, and Gary is definitely a team player. If either of us has a stone that the other needs we will gladly ship it, so I am very happy to see djm1965 work with Gary since that is where he found them. If I have a stone you want then just let Gary know and he will have it the next day. Of course, since my new site is not up yet, you will not know what I have.. heheheee! Gary does though, so just call him and ask.

Once these stones get to be better known the demand for them will be huge. They are such a beautiful product.

Wink

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
OK, all I can say is that the Venus by Infinity diamond that I've seen is to die for. WOW. Just stunning.
6.gif
love.gif
6.gif
love.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please describe for us what it is that you like and what it is that you don't like, (In the unlikely event that there is something that you don't like...)

Wink

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Wink,

Would it be alright for you to give us an indiaction of pricing levels of Venus diamonds, compared to the say the H&As that one might find on the PS search engine? I understand if you or Paul ae not comfortable with that.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/21/2004 8:25:14 PM Wink wrote:

Please describe for us what it is that you like and what it is that you don't like, (In the unlikely event that there is something that you don't like...)

Wink----------------

Well, let's see... If I were to describe it, it seems to be one of (if not the) liveliest diamonds I've seen. It is extraordinarily crisp and sparkly, sparkly. Great colors, but in dim and diffuse light, also extraordinarily white and brilliant. It doesn't have the EightStar flavor of large bold intermittent flashes, but rather an incessant chatter of light dancing across it.

The only thing I don't like about it? That it costs money
2.gif
Imagine how beautiful it would be if it were free!!!
naughty.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 7/22/2004 1:16:23 AM quaeritur wrote:

----------------
On 7/21/2004 8:25:14 PM Wink wrote:

Wink----------------

Well, let's see... If I were to describe it, it seems to be one of (if not the) liveliest diamonds I've seen. It is extraordinarily crisp and sparkly, sparkly. Great colors, but in dim and diffuse light, also extraordinarily white and brilliant. It doesn't have the EightStar flavor of large bold intermittent flashes, but rather an incessant chatter of light dancing across it.

The only thing I don't like about it? That it costs money
2.gif
Imagine how beautiful it would be if it were free!!!
naughty.gif
----------------

quareitur
to me i describe it more like edge to edge sparkle,when i look at my wife's 1.15 ct,my sister in law has a 1.18 ct 8* i will compare it side by side with the infinity stone when i see her next time.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
vtigger- I can't wait to get your impressions of those two side-by-side. I totally agree with the "edge-to-edge sparkle." I remembered reading that description before, but couldn't remember from whom. Thanks for reminding me.
1.gif

The Venus by Infinity really seems to crackle with light and color. I can't get over how lively it looks. I take it you're happy with how the recut for you your wife turned out?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 7/22/2004 2:48:27 AM quaeritur wrote:

vtigger- I can't wait to get your impressions of those two side-by-side. I totally agree with the 'edge-to-edge sparkle.' I remembered reading that description before, but couldn't remember from whom. Thanks for reminding me.
1.gif

The Venus by Infinity really seems to crackle with light and color. I can't get over how lively it looks. I take it you're happy with how the recut for you your wife turned out?----------------

quaeritur,
i coined the phrase "edge-to-edge sparkle" so if infinity uses this phrase, i get a percentage of their profit... LOL. about the recut, ags certified it ideal 0 I vs2, my wife loved the sparkles. but complained about losing .32 ct along the way,i brought a 3+ ct h&a from GOG she said it's too big ,hard to figure her out,do you own a infinity cut?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I'm considering one. I guess I'd like to someday have one of each flavor of superideal
2.gif
. Seriously though, I'm debating a few stones at the moment, and I'm hoping to get a lineup and pick "the one." The Venus is gorgeous, we'll see how the other choices measure up (the others are unbranded and/or non H&A).

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
I'm doing a Pepsi challenge with the Venus by Infinity today...if anyone's interested in some specifics, please let me know what you'd like to find out and I'll try to oblige.

OK class, today we'll be comparing the following:
1.01ct I IF Venus by Infinity
1.16ct H Si1 H&A w/med blue fluor.
1.28ct G Si1 Ideal (near ACA/H&A fr. WF)

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
How about a picture of all three side by side?

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
I'll do my best with the mediocre camera setup I have....2.0mp, should still be ok. This is the only way I can think of so as not to have buyer's remorse. It gets a bit pricey, paying everyone's shipping back and forth, but this is a once in a lifetime purchase.

Anyone have any other special requests? You guys/gals have all been so great, taking your free time to help me with this big decision...If there's anything I can do to indulge your curiosities about these, please ask.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 7/22/2004 8:58:20 AM get_cut_not_ripped wrote:

... but this is a once in a lifetime purchase.

----------------

Yes for the e-ring, but you'll have plenty of chances to buy diamonds .... trust me

2.gif

How about a description of the differences in fire and scintillation and the size of flashes. Also your opinion of the overall look.

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
No problem....I'm hoping the right one will just jump out at me. Each one has a certain quality that I really like (size/fluorescence/clarity), but none have all 3. I'll try and be objective.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/21/2004 10:40:38 PM noobie wrote:

Wink,

Would it be alright for you to give us an indication of pricing levels of Venus diamonds, compared to the say the H&As that one might find on the PS search engine? I understand if you or Paul are not comfortable with that.
----------------
I believe that you will find them to be very competitive with other top quality cuts, I have never actually done any price comparisons. I don't think that the stones I have in the Pricescope database are identified as to whether or not they are Venus brand, but if you do a search by cut for stones above 1ct to 1.60 cts, D-I, IF-SI2, then click on the top of the HCA score to sort by HCA score, all of the stones that come up under my name are Venus brand stones and you can judge for yourself.

I think that you will be very pleasantly surprised.

Wink

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/22/2004 8:03:51 AM get_cut_not_ripped wrote:

I'm doing a Pepsi challenge with the Venus by Infinity today...if anyone's interested in some specifics, please let me know what you'd like to find out and I'll try to oblige.

----------------

I think that both you and quaeritur are doing this the correct way. Get in two to three stones and compare them side by side to choose the stone that is correct for YOU. I firmly believe this even if my stones are not the ones that are chosen. (I may go to my room lay on the floor and kick my heals, but you will never know it!)
naughty.gif

This way you will always be certain that you got what lit your fire. I wish you both a visual feast and a hard decision.

Wink

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/22/2004 8:03:51 AM get_cut_not_ripped wrote:

I'm doing a Pepsi challenge with the Venus by Infinity today.
----------------

Wink's so right, to do a Pepsi challenge you have to taste not just read the label.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results