shape
carat
color
clarity

vendor to convert 1/2 eternity to full??

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fullsizerender__17_.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Motownmama, I'm not too savvy with things like this but I've seen David Klass do some pretty impressive things with revamping/recreating jewelry pieces, maybe contact him? Mostly I just wanted to give your thread a little bump!

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The problem with converting a half eternity band to a full eternity band is that the new metalwork has to match the old and at the correct size. In addition you end up having to buy a bunch of new diamonds. Take it all into consideration and it's usually best to buy a brand new band at the correct size, fit your existing diamonds to it and then add whatever diamonds are needed to fill it up. You get a new ring and can either use the value of the old ring to partially offset the cost of the new, or have your jeweler create something small from the old metal, (pendant or earrings in a simple design).

If you just want to keep your ring from spinning you can try replacing the bottom half of the band with a Euroshank style half shank, adding a horseshoe spring type inner ring, or adding some sizing beads. They all work better than nothing and cost a lot less than adding all those diamonds.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the insight!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results