shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor suggestions for sourcing Mehenge spinel

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so disappointed at this point. I have looked at 6 different stones and all have not been to my liking, either too much orange or purple. Don't even know how much on shipping and insurance I have spent. I have searched all vendors listed on PS and a few others.

I want a pinkish red or reddish pink, more on the pink side and preferably above 2+ct. Similar ones that come to mind are ART N's, Chrono's, Upgardable's, TL's. Pala has the best selection but also the most expensive.

Does anyone have suggestions? I am needing new sources to look.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Leon could source it for you.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
herekittykitty|1308355198|2948729 said:
Leon could source it for you.

He may could but I have no plans of using him for a ring design.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to get a vendor that can source old material, the stuff that doesn't turn too orange, purple, or muddy. Unfortunately, at this time, I'm unaware of any online vendors with old material. The sad part is that the old material was priced less than the newer, more orange material.

Going to a gem show, if you can get to one, is probably going to be your best bet. That way, if the vendor allows, you can view the stone there under a variety of lighting. Some vendors will allow this. It is absolutely essential to view a Mahenge under a variety of lighting as so many look wonderful under some light (preferably sunlight) and look dreadful under other lighting. Not all Mahenges are such color shifters. Some still hold their saturation levels in a variety of lighting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blithesome71|1308364762|2948784 said:
Might as well check out: http://flawlessfacets.com/products-page/

That 4.85 Carat Mahenge Spinel is so pretty :love:

Very very orange, and I have always taken issue with the fact he would compare it to Chrono's piece, especially without her permission. Her stone is much finer in color, if his photos are accurate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results