shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor problems

chill1986

Rough_Rock
I put a deposit on a diamond for a GIA certified diamond on the 27th. I left the store feeling that the sales person would put an order on the stone immediately after the deal. I called on the 30th and found out that they hadn't ordered it and that its going to arrive on the 10th if they order it now. I'm a little unimpressed with them after I assumed that they would order it right away. So now its going to take almost 2 weeks to actually see the diamond.
I went to another store that Ive been talking prices to for quite some time, and I informed him of the deal I'm working with. Obviously he wants to do business with me, so he tells me that the stone im purchasing will not be a good cut. Every bit of research ive done about the HCA tools has told me that the stone is cut excellent. He wants to sell me a 7300 .72 G colour VS2 triple X diamond, which is about 800 more than the .74 D VS2 excellent cut that I deposited money down for.
GIA Cert for the deposited stone is 2207699717
I dont know if the person ive been speaking to is merely trying to steal me away from the other merchant or if I should be wary of the seller. The diamond I have a deposit on makes me worry because of how long he waited to order the stone.
I don't know who to believe.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where were they going to order the stone from?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The depositited stone: 2207699717

Is a good one. Other guys is lying. But it sounds like they both suck. Call Wink at High Performance Diamonds and have him get the stone for you.

chill1986

Rough_Rock
I dont know where theyre ordering the stone from. I guess I should ask, I think they said in the middle east or something.

As for Wink, Ive been talking to them. Their prices are better, but what if theres a problem with the stone? What can I do with it if I dont like it?

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
chill1986|1449020067|3956235 said:
Obviously he wants to do business with me, so he tells me that the stone im purchasing will not be a good cut. Every bit of research ive done about the HCA tools has told me that the stone is cut excellent. He wants to sell me a 7300 .72 G colour VS2 triple X diamond, which is about 800 more than the .74 D VS2 excellent cut that I deposited money down for.
GIA Cert for the deposited stone is 2207699717

Hypothetically speaking (because i can't comment on specific stones or other people in the trade), why would someone pay an extra $800 for a smaller stone with a lower colour grade when their original diamond already ticks all of the boxes? Especially if their original stone is also triple Ex....which includes the cut grade...hypothetically saying...
Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about the staff missing the order...mistakes/oversights happen...they're only human... and as long as the delay doesn't cause you to miss a special event (proposal??) and you get your diamond as promised, there is likely no need to cause yourself undo worry.
Hope this helps

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If customer service is poor prior to purchase, can you imagine how it would be if you run into a problem (eg. setting issue) after purchase?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chill1986 said:
I dont know where theyre ordering the stone from. I guess I should ask, I think they said in the middle east or something.

As for Wink, Ive been talking to them. Their prices are better, but what if theres a problem with the stone? What can I do with it if I dont like it?

See their return policy/inspection period on their website. Or better yet, ask Wink himself about it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've ordered many stones to look at from PS vendors and have sent some back. The main issue is that you may have to pay some shipping costs for stones that are called in. For stones that need to be called in from a supplier, many are in NYC, so it makes more sense to deal with a NY jeweler who perhaps can just pick up the stones you are interested in. James Allen has a lot of stones that other vendors list as they are owned by a diamond supplier.

I just looked up the first diamond, and with a crown angle of 36, I would not have ordered that one without a magnified photo and ASET image. It could have leakage. So I think you can find a safer stone than that one.

Try to stay within these numbers:

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
chill1986|1449031529|3956302 said:

Just send it back. =) Wink's entire operation is customer satisfaction focused. I've worked with him many times. And he always bends over backwards to make sure I am happy.

Seriously. There is no better vendor. There are several as good. But better? Nope.

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1449038549|3956327 said:
chill1986|1449031529|3956302 said:

Just send it back. =) Wink's entire operation is customer satisfaction focused. I've worked with him many times. And he always bends over backwards to make sure I am happy.

Seriously. There is no better vendor. There are several as good. But better? Nope.

+100 Agreed! A true gentleman. Recently there has been globally a small drop in diamond prices and Wink refunded some money back even after I had paid for the diamond in full!

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
Wow, both amazing diamonds. In this instance go for the cheapest as it also faces up larger 5.80 - 5.81 X 3.53 mm vs 5.72 x 5.78 x 3.52.

Also Wink has an 80% buy back and 100% upgrade policy for all Crafted by Infinity diamonds and it is $200 cheaper.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
egemnoel|1449080867|3956481 said:
Wow, both amazing diamonds. In this instance go for the cheapest as it also faces up larger 5.80 - 5.81 X 3.53 mm vs 5.72 x 5.78 x 3.52.

Also Wink has an 80% buy back and 100% upgrade policy for all Crafted by Infinity diamonds and it is $200 cheaper.

Yup.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results