shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor Mounting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
I'm in a bind...

I've found the mounting I want for my solitaire I plan on using as an engagement ring this xmas. The jeweler said they can have it in and mounted by xmas no problem, but they have to special order the mount because it was originally designed for a 1/5c diamond where mine is a 1/2c.

The jeweler contacted me today and said that the vendor wants the diamond to mount themselves and will offer a guarantee along with it. She said that having the vendor mount the diamond is a sure thing and although she is confident that they could mount the diamond themselves she seemed to suggest the vendor would be more reliable.

The diamond will be tension mounted on a bypass mount. What are your thoughts? The diamond would need to be shipped to them by Monday in order for it to arrive by xmas.

Thanks.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aboslutely do it the suggested way. Tension rings are only well set by manufacturers. BE VERY CERTAIN OF THE FINGER SIZE. This is the only way to reliably set a tension solitaire except under most unusal circumstances where a local store might attempt it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results