shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor, Appraisal&Setting Questions--Need to Know ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RokHound

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

First of all, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or reliable information on Diamond Wholesale Corporation (DWC)?
Secondly, can anyone in the know recommend a high-quality and well-qualified (as well as reasonably-priced) appraiser for a loose diamond, who will also set it in the ring I give them, in the Washington, DC Metro area? Or else an appraiser and then a jeweler who both meet the above criteria? Also, what about the issue of insuring, or getting some sort of guarantee from the person setting the diamond in the ring, against damage to either?
Many thanks for any information.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 8/27/2003 11:12:57 AM RokHound wrote:
Hello all,

First of all, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with or reliable information on Diamond Wholesale Corporation (DWC).
Secondly, can anyone in the know recommend a high-quality and well-qualified (as well as reasonably-priced) appraiser for a loose diamond, who will also set it in the ring I give them, in the Washington, DC Metro area? Or else an appraiser and then a jeweler who both meet the above criteria? Also, what about the issue of insuring, or getting some sort of guarantee from the person setting the diamond in the ring, against damage to either?
Many thanks for any information.----------------
Sorry, I'm not familiar at all with DWC....but at first blush, I'd be a bit wary because if they truly are a "wholesaler", they aren't supposed to sell directly to the public *at all*. Period.....no exceptions.

Can't help on the appraiser recommendation or the insurance issue.....sorry.

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
DC Appraiser -- Martin Fuller in McLean has gotten positive reviews on this forum, but you will have to call his office to see if what type of service he will provide as well as his rates. He's on the appraisers list.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results