shape
carat
color
clarity

Vegas Wedding anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kitiaral

Rough_Rock
My FF and I don''t talk much about engagement, but we do talk about the wedding!
emteeth.gif
We, like EVERYONE, are worried about the economy and have kinda agreed that spending $20000 on a wedding in these times isn''t for us. So we talked about having something small in Las Vegas in about a year or a year and a half! It would cost much less and the money we save can help us with a nicer house.

Nothing is set in stone, but the other option would be waiting 3 years b/c i''m in grad school and other factors. There is an issue that my parents have never flown at ALL! But my Ma said they would come if that''s what I wanted.

Have any of you known someone who had a wedding in vegas? We don''t want to do drive through or elvis or anything! We still want something elegant and personal.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hi Kitiaral,

My brother and SIL just got married in Vegas this past December. They had a small ceremony on the bridge at the Venetian and it was quite lovely. Then we all went back to a suite where they had a buffet, lots of wine, and cake. It really was done nicely and not cheesy at all. There are several PS brides planning their weddings in Vegas...hopefully they''ll chime in.

I''m not sure what part of the country you live in, but I would advise you to keep in mind that it can be quite expensive flying to Vegas from the east coast and with hotels added on, attending your wedding could get pricey for your family. So, if your primary purpose is to save money, just keep in mind the added costs of having a destination wedding.

Did you have any specific venues in mind? There really are a lot of fun places to get married in Vegas...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I have known several people to get married in Vegas, it was a lot more expensive than they thought it would be ($10K - 45K). It was actually cheaper to get married in mexico, at an all inclusive resort airfaire, room, alcohol, and food all included at around $2,500 depending on the time of year...(5K for the couple the wedding package itself was $1,500.) http://www.cantovallarta.com/ is an example of one... http://www.velavallarta.com/ is a larger website. My friends found this a great way to save... since the guests would be paying for their own all inclusive stuff... their food, drink, and rooms, you wouldn''t be covering those expenses, and it might make a really nice vacation for them.

Just wanted to throw that out there! It is really very lovely.

HUGS! and Good Luck!
35.gif

We''re getting married in Vegas in 2010.. and are looking at venues this March.. I''m excited! We decided that Vegas is more-- US.. and that we could have more fun out there with less money, than here, with more money and a lot more of people I don''t know.

Some sites I''ve enjoyed looking at:

www.vegas.com
www.visitvegas.com

As far as venues..

Mandalay Bay

and

Luxor

Are the two I''ve narrowed it down to.. They have reasonable prices and have many options!

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
My friend had a very beautiful wedding at the Wynn in Las Vegas.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got married at The Bellagio in Vegas almost 3 years ago, and had a lovely reception at a family friend''s home afterwards. It was fun, and simple, with about 25 people in attendance. All told, including the ceremony, reception for 25, cake, dress, travel, lodging at The Bellagio for 4 nights, it came to just under $5,000 total.

I did everything on a small budget - bought the dress on Ebay, basic flowers with an extra bouquet for my sister, extra bouts for the boys, and corsages for the mothers/grandma. The food for the reception was done by a local catering company, and I had a small one tier cake (wish I would have gone for something a bit more . . . me. . . on that one). I bought our tickets to fly to Vegas on my AA miles, and learned the key to scoring free First Class upgrades for you and your friends - carry a wedding gown onto a plane!

We had an amazing time - our families got to meet and spend time in Las Vegas together, and it was beyond easy planning the wedding, which was great since I only had 6 weeks to plan.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re getting married in Vegas in January 2010. It is going to cost just under $15,000, for under 40 people. We certainly haven''t taken the cheap route (EricaR is getting married in Vegas too, but doing the driveup thing and it''s costing $110 because her real wedding is going to be later in Mexico) with a $3,500 package at Mandalay Bay. But with airfare, hotel rooms, the after ceremony meal, and all of the little things...it''s gotten more expensive than I thought it would be when we originally thought about getting married in Vegas.

Kitiaral

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the information girls. I know it''ll be more expensive than I thought, but it will hopefully be less expensive than a big wedding here at home. I loved hearing your vegas stories. What did you guys do after the wedding besides dinner? The bridge at the venetion sounds wonderful, but expensive Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine''s day. I"m surprised wehaven''t heard about any proposals yet...but I guess those lucky girls are still out celebrating. I''m waiting for my boyfriend to get home from work so i can open my present!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are considering going to see Blue Man Group after we get married. I guess it just depends on how it all goes and what kind of mood we''re in afterward. We need to decide on a venue for dinner right after the ceremony though. Hmmm...One thing FI and I are really looking forward to is having a bachelor/ette party in Vegas the night before we get married.

I know what you mean about elegant and personal. Those were two of my big goals too. It''s very easy to go "Vegas-y" with Elvis and all of that stuff. I didn''t want a cookie cutter wedding by any means either.

I hope a lot of LIW get engaged for Valentine''s day. Seems like it''s been slow lately.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results