shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT VCA Alhambra Vintage earrings in WG Pave

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm soooo excited I could burst!!:clap::dance::clap::dance: I hope you all will allow me to share with you the loooong story of my VCA earring journey!!

I picked up the Alhambra pave earrings today!! My very first VCA earrings. It took me about a year to make my mind up!! My SA has the patience of a saint!! I initially wanted the Frivoles, went back and forth like a gazilion times, then I wanted the Flower Lace earrings, then went back to the Frivoles. Then, couldn't decide btw the WG and YG Frivoles. Tried on everything they had at the boutique, Vintage, Sweet, Magic, Magic in the 3-motif combo, Pure, even the Lotus earrings (thought I'd be matchy matchy with my BTF Lotus ring), Cosmos, Socrate, Perlee, Snowflakes (yeah, tried on those too, even though I can't afford them, haha) etc etc...You name it, I've tried it... tried every.single.thing at the boutique in different stone combo's but mostly pave.

So, about a month ago, I was in London visiting family; and of course I had to pop into VCA!! Saw the Limited Edition Alhambra earrings in Onyx. I was THIS close to pulling the trigger. They looked amaaaazing on, and I especially loved the RG on me. The only 2 things that stopped me were: 1) I'd almost maxed out my CC (oh yeah, did I mention I'd been to Milan prior to London, hehe), and 2) I was put off by the VAT tacked onto the price (I know you can claim back some VAT, but the net price would still have been more expensive than the price where I am).

I came home and obsessed about those LE earrings. You see, I wear a lot of black and adore RG, so the LE earrings would have been perfect!! However, when I popped into my local VCA, I thought maybe I'd get the Pure Alhambra pave, bc they'd be the perfect size (discreet and yet still plenty blingy), more neutral than the Onyx and a lot easier to match with whatever else I'm wearing. I plonked down a not-small deposit, ordered a new pair and left. A few days later, however, I went back to VCA and thought , just for fun, I'd try on the Vintage ones again (had tried them on several times prior), and BAMM!! I was IN LOVE, instantly, this time!! Funny how that happened!!:lol-2:

After what seemed a long week, my new earrings (freshly ordered from wherever it was, lol - they'd run out) finally arrived today. OMG, I'm super duper happy!!8-):love::dance::D:dance:.

They're so light and comfy. I'd been rather concerned they'd be uncomfortable. I'd read many times about them being heavy, how the clips hurt etc. I haven't felt anything yet. They feel as light as air. The only thing I'd like to change later, though, are the posts - I'd like them longer and perhaps thinner. And I might do something else to make them sit up a bit more upright (I forget what I've read abt what you can do, will go back and read again), as they're a teeny tiny bit droopy on the ears.

These VCA earrings may very well become my everyday earrings (thinking of selling my BGD ones, never thought anything would replace them). They super super blingy and of course the workmanship is just pure perfection!!:love:

Stick a fork in me, I'm done, at least for 2017. I'm sooo done, this year!! The upgrade of the 5ct will have to wait, for a whiile.

I'll post pics in the next few days. First ones coming tomorrow, promise!! It's late here and I should sleep, even though I'm too excited to sleep.!! Thinking of sleeping in my new bling!!:lol:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - this is great to hear! They'll look fabulous with your collection! And - photos in "the next few days"?!! Oh man.....

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting!! Congrats!!! I'm sure they are absolutely fabulous!!! :love::love::love::love: come back with a zillion pics please!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOT the he**, no pictures!!!:lol-2::mrgreen2::P2

I don't even know what they look like but I am already jealous!

cheers--Sharon

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Phoenix!
Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I can't wait to see these beauties!! I know they're fabulous, but most importantly, I'm glad you're thrilled with them.:appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Phoenix, those are some of my favorite earrings of all time! EXCELLENT choice! :love: For those who don't know what we are talking about, here's a picture! It's Princess Caroline of Monaco wearing what I think are the yellow gold diamond ones.

vca caroline.jpg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How beautiful @Pheonix !!! Can't wait for ear shots :appl:
You will also have to do a VCA family shot :love::clap::drool:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are lovely Phoenix! I'm excited for you...so fun to hear the excitement in your post!

I'm sure they will look gorgeous with your dark hair! Congratulations!!!

Q

Queenie60

Wow! Never thought I would fall for designer jewelry ........ these are spectacular. Enjoy wearing them

P

PierreBear

Wonderful! Yes, please come back with ear shots. Thanks for sharing!!! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember trying these on. They're so beautiful and exquisite and blingtastic that i felt like I couldn't breathe. Congratulations Phoenix!!! These are just the best investment. They are perfect anytime anywhere, well wherever you go I'm sure. I can't wait to see them on you.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Yes! Those are fantastic! Great choice even for a warm yellow gold lover like myself.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! Such a timeless piece, Phoenix!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!:love::love::love:

I was just going to email m2b and let her know about the thead, but I see she found it!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful @Pheonix !!! Can't wait for ear shots :appl:
You will also have to do a VCA family shot :love::clap::drool:

Thank you, Rosie. I'm trying to fix the slight droopiness before I do eashots.

I'll def do a VCA family shot. Love my VCA family!:love::love::love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember trying these on. They're so beautiful and exquisite and blingtastic that i felt like I couldn't breathe. Congratulations Phoenix!!! These are just the best investment. They are perfect anytime anywhere, well wherever you go I'm sure. I can't wait to see them on you.

Thank you, LLJsmom. These are indeed blingtastic!! And I'm surprised how comfy these are, did I already say?! lol. And yes, I think they're such a classic staple and will go with anything and everything I wear. Sooo glad I waited!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!:love::love::love:

I was just going to email m2b and let her know about the thead, but I see she found it!

:)

You know, DS, I went back and re-read my previous threads, esp the one about my wanting a second pair of everyday earrings. You have the BEST taste and give the BEST advice. I remember you talking very fondly about these Alhambra earrings (in other threads too) and advised me to go for them. I think a matching bracelet (which I know you love too) might be on my wishlist for 2018...well, either that or the pave magic pendant...I do have another year to think about it. Turned out it serves me well to reeeeeallly take my time to think my bling projects through.

Incidentally, I am not stacking any of my bracelets any more. Turned out I CAN"T stand scratches on my jewellery! lol

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful choice! They're stunning! :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm soooo excited I could burst!!:clap::dance::clap::dance: I hope you all will allow me to share with you the loooong story of my VCA earring journey!!

I picked up the Alhambra pave earrings today!! My very first VCA earrings. It took me about a year to make my mind up!! My SA has the patience of a saint!! I initially wanted the Frivoles, went back and forth like a gazilion times, then I wanted the Flower Lace earrings, then went back to the Frivoles. Then, couldn't decide btw the WG and YG Frivoles. Tried on everything they had at the boutique, Vintage, Sweet, Magic, Magic in the 3-motif combo, Pure, even the Lotus earrings (thought I'd be matchy matchy with my BTF Lotus ring), Cosmos, Socrate, Perlee, Snowflakes (yeah, tried on those too, even though I can't afford them, haha) etc etc...You name it, I've tried it... tried every.single.thing at the boutique in different stone combo's but mostly pave.

So, about a month ago, I was in London visiting family; and of course I had to pop into VCA!! Saw the Limited Edition Alhambra earrings in Onyx. I was THIS close to pulling the trigger. They looked amaaaazing on, and I especially loved the RG on me. The only 2 things that stopped me were: 1) I'd almost maxed out my CC (oh yeah, did I mention I'd been to Milan prior to London, hehe), and 2) I was put off by the VAT tacked onto the price (I know you can claim back some VAT, but the net price would still have been more expensive than the price where I am).

I came home and obsessed about those LE earrings. You see, I wear a lot of black and adore RG, so the LE earrings would have been perfect!! However, when I popped into my local VCA, I thought maybe I'd get the Pure Alhambra pave, bc they'd be the perfect size (discreet and yet still plenty blingy), more neutral than the Onyx and a lot easier to match with whatever else I'm wearing. I plonked down a not-small deposit, ordered a new pair and left. A few days later, however, I went back to VCA and thought , just for fun, I'd try on the Vintage ones again (had tried them on several times prior), and BAMM!! I was IN LOVE, instantly, this time!! Funny how that happened!!:lol-2:

After what seemed a long week, my new earrings (freshly ordered from wherever it was, lol - they'd run out) finally arrived today. OMG, I'm super duper happy!!8-):love::dance::D:dance:.

They're so light and comfy. I'd been rather concerned they'd be uncomfortable. I'd read many times about them being heavy, how the clips hurt etc. I haven't felt anything yet. They feel as light as air. The only thing I'd like to change later, though, are the posts - I'd like them longer and perhaps thinner. And I might do something else to make them sit up a bit more upright (I forget what I've read abt what you can do, will go back and read again), as they're a teeny tiny bit droopy on the ears.

These VCA earrings may very well become my everyday earrings (thinking of selling my BGD ones, never thought anything would replace them). They super super blingy and of course the workmanship is just pure perfection!!:love:

Stick a fork in me, I'm done, at least for 2017. I'm sooo done, this year!! The upgrade of the 5ct will have to wait, for a whiile.

I'll post pics in the next few days. First ones coming tomorrow, promise!! It's late here and I should sleep, even though I'm too excited to sleep.!! Thinking of sleeping in my new bling!!:lol:

They are beautiful, Phoenix. And could they be more classic?

I was never interested in the VCA line until recently (which is a good thing given the cost). You and ds have bought the pieces that I always thought were the most beautiful, however. Now my interest has risen to an uncomfortable level.

I hope you wear these gorgeous earrings with joy!

Hugs,
Deb

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo bloody difficult getting decent earshots! lol

Here are some lousy pics. One is a perspective shot of me at the hairdresser's, awaiting my haircut.

Lien_10th Sept 2017.png Lien_Sept 2017.png

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just because I look horrible in that gown, I'm gonna post a perspective pic of me in my regular clothing, immediately after my haircut (can't see the earrings here though, lol):
Phoenix_9th Sept 2017.jpg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the ear shots @Pheonix! I love how you can pull off your collection so casually. With such important pieces of jewellery there is always the worry one could look 'over done' but you manage to pull them off and look so casually chique :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results