Premium
Thoughts on wearing this as a RHR?

Sophia Profile.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
To me, yes!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
What reservations are you having about wearing it as a RHR?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mogster|1317930005|3034777 said:
What reservations are you having about wearing it as a RHR?

I am not really having reservations, just wonder what others may think. I had this reset done a few months ago, now going through a divorce(my decision). SO it will become a RHR.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
I think it would be a shame for a beautiful ring like that to go unworn.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wear it as a RHR. God forbid if I ever am in the same position, I'd do the same with mine (especially since it *is* a RHR and not my actual wedding ring regardless of what finger I normally wear it on). I'm sorry to hear you're going through that, bright ice. No matter who made the decision, it's major hard change. (HUGS!)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, Bright Ice, I think you should wear it on whichever hand you prefer. But then, I'm not a traditionalist in that way. If you like the way it looks and feels on your left hand, wear it there, and if you prefer it on your right hand, wear it there. Just wear it!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LGK|1317931366|3034795 said:
Wear it as a RHR. God forbid if I ever am in the same position, I'd do the same with mine (especially since it *is* a RHR and not my actual wedding ring regardless of what finger I normally wear it on). I'm sorry to hear you're going through that, bright ice. No matter who made the decision, it's major hard change. (HUGS!)

Thanks for the hugs LGK. Yes it's going to be quite a change after 38 years!
It's such a beautiful ring I can't imagine selling it. Heck I bought it myself.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1317931932|3034797 said:
Honestly, Bright Ice, I think you should wear it on whichever hand you prefer. But then, I'm not a traditionalist in that way. If you like the way it looks and feels on your left hand, wear it there, and if you prefer it on your right hand, wear it there. Just wear it!

Thanks Aoife! It fits either hand and I am like you, not so much a traditionalist.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely wear it as a RHR. It's a beautiful ring and should be worn and enjoyed.

I too am sorry to hear about the divorce but I'm sure it is a well thought out decision. Best of luck to you!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm sorry to hear that you're going thru a divorce brightice. That's never easy, even if it's the right decision for you. I would wear the ring as a RHR, no problem,it's too lovely not to be worn!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear about what you are going through. Divorce is never easy no matter what the circumstances. I would also absolutely wear the ring as a RHR - especially since you love it, you bought it yourself, and you enjoy it. It is too beautiful not to wear! Good luck.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
How about wearing it on a pretty chain, as a necklace?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say wear it proudly on your left hand! If anyone asks, say it was a gift to yourself--especially if you paid for it w/ your own money!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
It'd be a beautiful RHR, I say wear it proudly!
Divorce is difficult no matter the circumstance. Wishing you strength and peace as you move forward to this new chapter in your life.
Life post-divorce have been my best years yet.

My best to you...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear that you are going through a divorce...must not be easy even if it is the right course of action to take.

I would definitely enjoy your gorgeous ring as a RHR!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is stunning. Period. Wear it on any da* finger you choose.

cheers--Sharon

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
I would absolutely wear that as a RHR. It's gorgeous! Does it make you happy to look at it? If so, I say wear it. I have a friend that wears hers that way, and I don't think it looks out of place or anything.

(I was told a story by a jeweler recently that women at one time used to move their engagement rings to their right hands after getting married (believe this may be common practice in Germany?) and the wedding ring was worn on the left. Then supposedly De Beers and company decided they could get more sales if they freed up the right hand, so they started promoting wearing the engagement and wedding rings together on the left hand. I don't know how much truth there is to this...I haven't vetted it...but it sounds believable enough.)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate all opinions and well wishes :kiss:

I look forward to a new life!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can wear it on any finger you wish! But I personally like to wear rings on my left ring finger because whatever I wear on my right will take more abuse! It is your ring which you chose yourself, and you can wear it on the left hand without a wedding band as far as I am concerned! (As terrible as this sounds, if anything ever happened to my husband, I might do a reset of my plain solitaire, but I absolutely would still wear my diamond ring on my left hand.)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would absolutely wear that ring on your right hand. If you want, wear it on your left, really who cares right? The only reason not to wear it on your left is it would communicate "married" to most people and you may not wish to communicate that anymore. But for gosh sakes, wear it!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1317952018|3034991 said:
I think you can wear it on any finger you wish! But I personally like to wear rings on my left ring finger because whatever I wear on my right will take more abuse! It is your ring which you chose yourself, and you can wear it on the left hand without a wedding band as far as I am concerned! (As terrible as this sounds, if anything ever happened to my husband, I might do a reset of my plain solitaire, but I absolutely would still wear my diamond ring on my left hand.)

Thanks Diamondseeker2006! I kinda feel the same way. It's more comfortable on the left hand and you are so right about the right banging things.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1317952276|3034999 said:
I would absolutely wear that ring on your right hand. If you want, wear it on your left, really who cares right? The only reason not to wear it on your left is it would communicate "married" to most people and you may not wish to communicate that anymore. But for gosh sakes, wear it!

This is the only thing I worry about because who knows? I certainly would not want to miscommunicate to anyone who may be interested. He could be the love of my life.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely wear it as a RHR - it's too gorgeous not to be worn. So sorry you're going through a difficult time ((hugs))

LGK

Ideal_Rock
PositivelyPeanut|1317950865|3034976 said:
I would absolutely wear that as a RHR. It's gorgeous! Does it make you happy to look at it? If so, I say wear it. I have a friend that wears hers that way, and I don't think it looks out of place or anything.

(I was told a story by a jeweler recently that women at one time used to move their engagement rings to their right hands after getting married (believe this may be common practice in Germany?) and the wedding ring was worn on the left. Then supposedly De Beers and company decided they could get more sales if they freed up the right hand, so they started promoting wearing the engagement and wedding rings together on the left hand. I don't know how much truth there is to this...I haven't vetted it...but it sounds believable enough.)
That is TOTALLY true. It's why so many antique filigree rings look impossible to wear with a band- because they were designed to be stand-alone, worn on the right hand alone after marriage.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I would wear it as a rhr and enjoy it, it is far too beautiful to not be warn. Good luck with your single life.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be perfectly acceptable to wear as a RHR.

And I wish you the best of happiness bright ice!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Definitely ok for any hand you wish!

So sorry to hear about the break up of your marriage.

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
what about sizing it for your middle finger on your left hand?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results