shape
carat
color
clarity

VC halo vs solitaire- Calling @carbonfan!!!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Calling @carbonfan ! I know you have both the VC Laurel Solitaire shown here:
FC136F29-AB92-4591-B487-51B8DBDF4C45.png

And the Art Deco French cut halo shown here:
790A0171-A925-48B1-81D1-2A502EAEC6B1.png
I know you purchased the halo for your right hand (I don’t wear rings on my right so I would switch out in rotation on my left. My question is after having own both of these what are your thoughts? BTW this is for an antique cushion. For example: I know @LLJsmom mentioned she thought she may miss the round outline of her stone in her octagonal setting. I enjoy this profile:
A54E6248-71AC-4D1C-82DC-0BFE9BC85C9E.png
In the halo, it looks as though you can see the top from top and crown over the bezel but not the sides Like on the solitaire. Do you miss seeing the side profile of the diamond? I know they are very different styles I was just hoping for your feedback on these two styles. Obviously one has much more coverage, do you feel the halo is better served as a RHR? Since I like the wavy band on the Laurel I thought about just having Victor make me a band!

I met with Victor this week and I am waiting for a quote on another ring w Traps but these two rings I very much enjoy as well. These are pricey so very much appreciate your time in advance.

Anyone else can jump in!

Thank you!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sayin... I have learned over the course of 8 years of consistently wearing erings, I do get bored of whatever style I happen to be wearing after 2-3 years. So the end result is I either change my setting or get an additional ring.

I don't wear usually wear RHRs either, so I would be fine wearing a halo on my left hand. A solitaire would be great too. So I don't think there is one more appropriate than another, just whatever you feel like wearing at the moment, or for the day. I think you need both... ;-)

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom thank you for your response, I feel that may be me as well that I tire of the same style (unfortunately).

HA! I was thinking I need both as well!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like @LLJsmom I think they both have benefits and it is hard to say which one is right for you. I always thought of myself as a solitaire girl but I have been wearing my ER OEC set in a halo for the past 2 years plus and I am surprisingly happy with it. I know eventually I am going to reset her in a solitaire but for now she brings me joy just as she is. There is no right or wrong. It's just what makes your heart sing and that can be more than (and often is) one option. Good luck and enjoy the process. Remember, changing one's setting isn't as difficult as finding the right stone. The setting isn't "set in stone" (haha) so to speak. :)

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for chiming in @missy, I appreciate you sharing your experience!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for chiming in @missy, I appreciate you sharing your experience!

My pleasure! I just want to reassure you that there is no wrong choice. It's only what choice is best for you at the time. And that can change. So don't let it paralyze you and instead enjoy figuring out what is the best choice for you right now.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @missy and @LLJsmom again:) This is the setting I asked for a quote on:
1994624F-2501-4A03-BC1C-BEE279A2BE9E.jpeg
Graduated traps, minus the channel set rounds, with mil-grain along the edge, single prongs and possible engraving Like this:
CB714C49-9AA7-4F04-A662-DEB2B46FC4D5.png
or this:
7A6E6F38-6289-4E27-A3D5-04F2BC8EEA94.png
If I left out the engraving I like the flexibility of wearing an engraved band. Thoughts on cushions w reverse tapered shank and traps? The issue with this option is there is no sample of it to try on where w the solitaire and halo there is. He has a tapered w rounds but still not step cuts let alone step cuts w a cushion.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will agree with @LLJsmom that I almost never wear a right hand ring. I think a ring worn on the engagement finger can be a solitaire, halo, or three stone. I adore the art deco french cut solitaire. I'd have that ring as an additional e-ring if I ever win the lottery!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I will agree with @LLJsmom that I almost never wear a right hand ring. I think a ring worn on the engagement finger can be a solitaire, halo, or three stone. I adore the art deco french cut solitaire. I'd have that ring as an additional e-ring if I ever win the lottery!

Thank you for your input @diamondseeker2006 !!! You have halos, Art Deco asscher and solitaire! you do not gravitate towards one particular style over the other for your left hand ring finger?

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @Fancygems! I am soooooo sorry I did not see this post earlier! Last fall was ridiculously busy so I was only on PS sporadically (shame on me! :naughty:). But I am trying my best to play catchup now, LOL! But you are in great hands as you have received phenomenal advice from some very knowledgeable PSers!

I agree with all of the thoughts shared here. As @diamondseeker2006 said, an e-ring can take the form of a solitaire, three stone, or halo, and I think it is simply a matter of personal preference and what speaks to you as an e-ring. I am one of those weirdos who enjoys wearing right hand rings, so I gravitate toward halos for that and solitaires for e-rings, but that is just me. And I adore halo e-rings on other people!

And I agree with @LLJsmom that it is fun to change things up and rotate styles. I cannot seem to settle on a single style, so my solution has been to expand my collection to include a variety of designs. But I do understand your dilemma, and in answer to your original question, I enjoy the variety of profiles on my pieces, but I probably miss seeing the stone profile if I did not have a piece that featured this. But that's just me, and YMMV! And as @missy so aptly said, your setting is not set in stone, so the good news is that you can make changes down the road if you'd like!

With all of that said, I absolutely adore the woven design that you currently have, but I am also enamored with the tapered traps and bright cut pave design you discussed with Victor. It is absolutely gorgeous!! :love: One thing is for sure, it is next to impossible to go wrong with any of Victor's designs, as everything he creates is exquisite! (That is good news and bad news for me as I get tempted by so many of his designs, LOL!) So I truly think you are in a win-win situation!!

It has been a few months since your original post... are there any updates or questions? I will try to do a better job of watching PS next time, promise!! =)2

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Fancygems! I am soooooo sorry I did not see this post earlier! Last fall was ridiculously busy so I was only on PS sporadically (shame on me! :naughty:). But I am trying my best to play catchup now, LOL! But you are in great hands as you have received phenomenal advice from some very knowledgeable PSers!

I agree with all of the thoughts shared here. As @diamondseeker2006 said, an e-ring can take the form of a solitaire, three stone, or halo, and I think it is simply a matter of personal preference and what speaks to you as an e-ring. I am one of those weirdos who enjoys wearing right hand rings, so I gravitate toward halos for that and solitaires for e-rings, but that is just me. And I adore halo e-rings on other people!

And I agree with @LLJsmom that it is fun to change things up and rotate styles. I cannot seem to settle on a single style, so my solution has been to expand my collection to include a variety of designs. But I do understand your dilemma, and in answer to your original question, I enjoy the variety of profiles on my pieces, but I probably miss seeing the stone profile if I did not have a piece that featured this. But that's just me, and YMMV! And as @missy so aptly said, your setting is not set in stone, so the good news is that you can make changes down the road if you'd like!

With all of that said, I absolutely adore the woven design that you currently have, but I am also enamored with the tapered traps and bright cut pave design you discussed with Victor. It is absolutely gorgeous!! :love: One thing is for sure, it is next to impossible to go wrong with any of Victor's designs, as everything he creates is exquisite! (That is good news and bad news for me as I get tempted by so many of his designs, LOL!) So I truly think you are in a win-win situation!!

It has been a few months since your original post... are there any updates or questions? I will try to do a better job of watching PS next time, promise!! =)2

Thank you for your response @carbonfan!!! I am still contemplating switching to the Laurel at some point but I am enjoying the simplicity of the twisted shank for the time being :) Thank you for getting back to me!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I look at your avatar I am momentarily stunned by the stark beauty of your setting.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your response @carbonfan!!! I am still contemplating switching to the Laurel at some point but I am enjoying the simplicity of the twisted shank for the time being :) Thank you for getting back to me!!!

You are most welcome! I absolutely adore your gorgeous setting; it is truly mesmerizing!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results