shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Diamond Inventory

hotink

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I'm interested in having a e ring from VC as I saw a few examples of my dream setting being wonderfully done by them.

I'm looking for a ~1.7c H&A cut (their highest grade) stone. They only have 1 available in the inventory and it is VS2. However, it has a lot more inclusions than other VS2 stones that i've seen on their website and other online vendors.

So i reached out to them to ask if they will have more inventory available. Their rep did not answer (maybe he doesnt know?) and told me that the inclusions don't matter since I wont be able to tell with my eyes anyway.

I understand I probably wont be able to tell. But with the same amount of money (for VS2) I can probably buy another stone with a lot less inclusions......

They also offered to custom cut a diamond for me. I'm not sure if I should opt for that option? I read on their website that custom cut are not eligible for trade-in upgrades. But the rep said they can make that work....

Another option would be to settle for a smaller stone in their inventory that has good specs....

So my question is:

Do you think I should accept that diamond (VS2 with a bit more inclusion than other) since the rep said it is negligible anyway? Am I asking too much for a cleaner stone?

What are the pros and cons for having the stone custom cut by them?

Or should i keep waiting for them to get new inventory?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I have also been told before by reps that I won't be able to see certain inclusions. Yes, you likely will not be able to see them from normal viewing distance. But for me, I love looking at my stones super super close up. Like close my "bad" eye and hold it inches from my good eye and check it out. So I know I'll see it and I know what will personally bother me (such as right on the table). Other places I wouldn't care as much. Everyone is different on what they can tolerate and want to prioritize.

But I felt put off by them telling me I won't see certain inclusions, because how do they know what I can see? If you think it will bug you, wait for a different stone. I'm currently also looking for a VS2 stone and some of them I know I wouldn't be ok with.

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I'm interested in having a e ring from VC as I saw a few examples of my dream setting being wonderfully done by them.

I'm looking for a ~1.7c H&A cut (their highest grade) stone. They only have 1 available in the inventory and it is VS2. However, it has a lot more inclusions than other VS2 stones that i've seen on their website and other online vendors.

So i reached out to them to ask if they will have more inventory available. Their rep did not answer (maybe he doesnt know?) and told me that the inclusions don't matter since I wont be able to tell with my eyes anyway.

I understand I probably wont be able to tell. But with the same amount of money (for VS2) I can probably buy another stone with a lot less inclusions......

They also offered to custom cut a diamond for me. I'm not sure if I should opt for that option? I read on their website that custom cut are not eligible for trade-in upgrades. But the rep said they can make that work....

Another option would be to settle for a smaller stone in their inventory that has good specs....

So my question is:

Do you think I should accept that diamond (VS2 with a bit more inclusion than other) since the rep said it is negligible anyway? Am I asking too much for a cleaner stone?

What are the pros and cons for having the stone custom cut by them?

Or should i keep waiting for them to get new inventory?

Thank you in advance for your input!

If it's the E colored stone I think the only question is whether those inclusions in the center of the table are feathers, and if so whether they may catch the light (and thus your eye) sometimes. But to be there right in the middle and still be rated VS2 they must truly truly be minor. I can sympathize with the apprehension though.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
How about you take a look of that diamond first and see how it looks in real life? If you don’t like it you can return it. But if you really doesn’t want it because its not mind clean enough for you, maybe you need to wait and keep your option open with other vendors too?

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Would it bother you knowing that there were inclusions you couldn’t see? To me that’s the question you need to answer. In my case, I don’t want to pay $$$ for higher clarity if I couldn’t see anything and it didn’t impact the visual performance of the stone.

Victor is truly a master and has extremely high standards for his super ideal cut diamonds. Ask to speak with him directly, and he’ll give you an honest evaluation before you make the purchase.

Good luck!

hotink

Rough_Rock
How about you take a look of that diamond first and see how it looks in real life? If you don’t like it you can return it. But if you really doesn’t want it because its not mind clean enough for you, maybe you need to wait and keep your option open with other vendors too?

I’m in Canada so unfortunately I won’t be able to return/exchange easily. :(

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Couldn’t hurt to wait a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results