shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche X Prong & Tiffany''s Lucida setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

losi999

Rough_Rock
These two settings look almost identical to me. I''ve only seen the Tiffany''s Lucida in person, has anyone seen both and can you tell the difference? I''m a couple months out and am trying to decide on a setting for the RING! I''ve narrowed down the diamond cut to either a Regent or Cushion and still comparing settings. Also, typically how does it work....once I purchase a diamond online from say... (GOG), do I then have it set with that company in a similar Vatche/Lucida look alike or have the diamond sent to Vatche to be set? What would you guys recommend?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Vatché always sets the stone, it is their policy if you want to keep your setting warranty (all work done on the settings by others voids the warranty). There are subtle differences between the two designs, but they are both beautiful. Run a search on Lucida. There is a thread from a week or two ago that talked about the minute design details.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Two options,
Go with a nice Lucere and Vatche or the Lucida. I bought the Lucida because that is what the wife wanted. I think you can save a lot of money going the other way (Lucere w/Vatche) and probably get as good or better quality. The nice thing about Tiffany's is the trade up policy later on where they give you 100% what you paid towards a new purchase. My original jeweler had the same policy until he went out of business and when it came time to honor my trade up..... IF you do a search for Lucida I did post some very current prices for a few different size Lucidas to give you an idea of the top range. In retrospect it is kind of like buying a 3 series BMW (no offense to current owners including myself). The BMW has great brand appeal and everyone knows the "name" but it is not better than my Honda Accord in many aspects. My BMW is always in the shop!! Therefore think about what you want - a name with the ring or buy outside of Tiffanys and save enough money to go on vacation and present the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results