shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche U-113 vs Petite Valoria? Anyone compare these IRL?

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I have an ACA in the works! Im very excited. I received my first diamond in the Vatche U-113 setting, but had to return due to an issue with the diamond. (I’ll share details at a later date. Whiteflash has been super helpful along the way.) I liked the setting but found it to be a little too wide. It was measuring 2.4mm, Michelle said they could thin it out to 2mm. This change makes it semi custom, therefore not returnable. I declined because I was hesitant as to the finished look and being stuck with an expensive setting I didn’t like. Has anyone modified the Vatche U113? This got me looking at the petite valoria. I thought the vatche u113 was very well made. I’m not sure if the valoria will look “cheap” in comparison. It’s still a lot of money to spend. Anyone get a chance to see these both in person? I’d really appreciate feedback.
On the other hand, I’m also considering the Jovyn by CVB. Although, I’ve seen several less than stellar reveiws on here from people dealing with Caysie. That’s giving me a big red flag. I really don’t want setting my diamond to become a months long process…. My diamond will be about 3 carats and I love a solitaire. Will the Jovyn or the Petite Valoria be too thin?

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
My top choice is the Jovyn, then Vatche U113 and lastly the Valoria, in that order (those were actually my top 3 choices when i got my aca last month!) the valoria to me looks "cheaper" and lower set, but that is just a personal opinion. there are plenty of people on here who love theirs. Caysie was very responsive IMO when I messaged her. The first two just look more similar to a classic tiffany to me but with a modern swooping twist.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have an ACA in the works! Im very excited. I received my first diamond in the Vatche U-113 setting, but had to return due to an issue with the diamond. (I’ll share details at a later date. Whiteflash has been super helpful along the way.) I liked the setting but found it to be a little too wide. It was measuring 2.4mm, Michelle said they could thin it out to 2mm. This change makes it semi custom, therefore not returnable. I declined because I was hesitant as to the finished look and being stuck with an expensive setting I didn’t like. Has anyone modified the Vatche U113? This got me looking at the petite valoria. I thought the vatche u113 was very well made. I’m not sure if the valoria will look “cheap” in comparison. It’s still a lot of money to spend. Anyone get a chance to see these both in person? I’d really appreciate feedback.
On the other hand, I’m also considering the Jovyn by CVB. Although, I’ve seen several less than stellar reveiws on here from people dealing with Caysie. That’s giving me a big red flag. I really don’t want setting my diamond to become a months long process…. My diamond will be about 3 carats and I love a solitaire. Will the Jovyn or the Petite Valoria be too thin?

I was contemplating on getting a custom Vatche U113 because I really wanted a taller donut. Price for a custom Vatche surprised me. I know I will upgrade the size at some point (sooner than later) so I did not want to waste another $2,500+ for a setting I will not be able to re-use. I do feel like Valoria is a cheaper version of Vatche. Additionally, I do not feel like Jovyn is quite like Tiffany - it tries to be but it is obvious that it is not. I went with a designer custom route instead. Here is a pic. Regretfully, I do not have a pic of any designers you requested.

Attachments

• IMG_8528.PNG
    IMG_8528.PNG
    713.9 KB · Views: 310

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your thoughts, @mrsctobe & @daisygrl. I’m not looking for a Tiffany replica, just a well made and beautiful to me solitaire. It’s just so hard to feel confident about my choice without trying them both on! The Vatche U113 has a larger donut which is nice for pairing with my eternity of .08 pointers. Whiteflash sent me comparison pics so I’m going to post those and maybe that will help someone else. Meanwhile, I’ll just keep thinking it over. Hopefully, someone else has thoughts?
7BFC14B5-AC2B-453A-8347-EA33964E3ACD.jpeg 3A856AAF-00B7-4898-8219-199978E2AEFB.jpeg DF50D3D4-D67A-4839-9414-97F1F9ECBD6F.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received an upgrade using the Valoria Petite. I really love the setting. My stone is a 1.65 so the petite is a perfect fit for me.
I find the setting graceful and feminine and not overpowering.

Unfortunately, I have never tried on the U113 so I cant help you there. It does look more like a work-horse as far as being overall
wider/thicker. I don't mean that in a bad way...I mean that in a good way.

I did create a thread on the Valoria Petite where there are pics of PSers rings with bigger stones.

@MamaBee has a 3 carat in the Valoria. It is lovely...maybe you can ping her.

Good luck! I know its a tough decision!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I also recently upgraded to an ACA using the Valoria setting. I had my Valoria setting tweaked a tiny bit. In my opinion it is a lovely, sleek feminine setting. I personally love the way the prong posts swoop upwards, perfectly showcasing my diamond beautifully!

Sorry, no help with the U113.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

@MamaBear - I had the same exact dilemma. Love, love the Jovyn but couldn’t justify the price. Vatche U113 isn’t any cheaper. The Valoria had a decent price and @MamaBee loved hers so I went with the Valoria in platinum and I love it. It’s delicate but sturdy and isn’t overpowering. @tyty333 posted a great thread with all of the Valoria owners and our respective posts. Hope you find that helpful in making a choice. I asked my SA to make sure my Diamond is set at a medium profile with petite claws.

dazerose

Rough_Rock
I was contemplating on getting a custom Vatche U113 because I really wanted a taller donut. Price for a custom Vatche surprised me. I know I will upgrade the size at some point (sooner than later) so I did not want to waste another $2,500+ for a setting I will not be able to re-use. I do feel like Valoria is a cheaper version of Vatche. Additionally, I do not feel like Jovyn is quite like Tiffany - it tries to be but it is obvious that it is not. I went with a designer custom route instead. Here is a pic. Regretfully, I do not have a pic of any designers you requested.

I know this is a comment 3 years later, but your design is absolutely gorgeous. Is there any chance you are willing to share any details on which designer you used and how you went about the design process? I find your custom design much more beautiful than the Vatche U113!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results