shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Royal Crown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisy2418

Rough_Rock
Hi!
This is my first post, although I''ve been lurking for awhile. I''d like to first say thanks for everything that I''ve learned from this site, and I think it''s really great how people are so willing to offer advice to newbies!!

I really REALLY love the Royal Crown Setting. Really. However, the closest retailer to me is over an hour away, and since I''m a student and I work, it''s hard for me to get up there to look at it. I was hoping someone could help me with the following questions. (Thanks in advance!!!)

1. In this setting, since it''s a 6-prong, is it going to close in the diamond and make it look smaller than a 4-prong setting? (I realize this is a big debate, but I''m wondering for this particular setting)

2. I have a size 5 finger, but I have (what I consider) big hands. Do you think the ring will look to big/small on my hand?

I don''t know how big the stone will be, so these questions may vary depending.

Thanks a lot!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/29/2004 6:55:32 PM Daisy2418 wrote:

1 In this setting, since it's a 6-prong, is it going to close in the diamond and make it look smaller than a 4-prong setting?

2. I have a size 5 finger, but I have (what I consider) big hands. Do you think the ring will look to big/small on my hand?

I don't know how big the stone will be, so these questions may vary depending.

----------------

Nice choice ..... I LOVE the RC setting myself, although I didn't go with it.

Regarding 6-prong vs. 4-prong.......it really is a personal preference thing, and I DO think the size of the stone plays into this a bit. I have a 1.24 ct. stone in a 6-prong setting, and I think the stone is big enough to carry it off with NO problem.

I prefer 6-prong because I feel it makes the stone look "rounder". Others feel that a 4-prong shows more of the diamond.......but it just doesn't have the "romance" for me that a 6-prong does.

I went back and forth on the 4 vs. 6 thing, so I went out cruising the jewelry counters and paid attention to WHICH rings I was drawn to. Repeatedly, I noticed that the rings I seemed to gravitate toward had 6-prongs.

Daisy2418

Rough_Rock
Alj,
Thanks for your reply. I think that you're right. The 6-prong DOES make the diamond look a little more round. If I wanted a more square looking diamond (4-Prong), I would get one!
3.gif

Thanks again!

bling

Shiny_Rock
Love the RC setting! haha..maybe thats why i went with it. I think the setting looks fantastic..and to agree with Al, the six prongs do make the stone look round rather than more squarish. And some people actually think that once set, the stone apprears larger in a six prong..but thats left the ones wearing it i guess.
I love my RC setting...
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results