shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Royal Crown with Pave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
I posted a bit on the "rocky talky" forum about my adventure.
I spent months learning about diamonds, finally purchasing a fantastic one from whiteflash.
1.793 ct
round brilliant, ES
VS-2 J

I looked around for a setting and fell in love with the Vatche royal crown setting with Pave.
unfortunately, except for one stock photo that everyone seems to have on the internet, I couldn't find anything else.
I finally had one brought in so I could get a better look.

Gorgeous.

I've bought it as an engagement ring for my girlfriend of four years, whom (if I've done a good job) has no idea this is coming.

So, without going into long prose and being verbose about my story, here's some pics of the vatche royal crown with pave in platinum setting.

Here's the only photo I could find online.
It's of the ring with a one carat diamond.

royalcrownpavesolitaire.jpg

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
Here's a few shots of it in the box.
By the way. I had a fantastic experience with Winfield's and Whiteflash.
I purchased the diamond from Whiteflash, but they don't work directly with Vatche. Regardless of this, Lesley (at whiteflash) immediately put me in touch with another jeweler: Wink Jones at Winfield's.
I thought it was a fantastic example of two companies and individuals who really are committed to their customers and the field at large.
I have nothing but praise for these two companies, and high kudos goto Wink and Lesley.
. . . as well as vatche for the fantastic ring.

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
here''s another shot in the box

5aaaa.jpg

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
and another

6aaaa.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
captain, it looks wonderful...i have a question for you. in these images and others i have seen of the RC...the top and bottom set of prongs come up and meet into a heart shape on top of the stone. the other 4 prongs are typical prong tips. how visible is this in person? visually in your pictures it seems like it would bother me. i am a total symmetry person, like i need everything to be the same.

yesterday i was at toppers in b''game which carries vatche and we tried on a bunch of rings, one of which was the royal crown and it had regular symmetrical prongs all around, not the 2 heart ones. i didn''t notice it at the time but one of the gals i was with pointed out she had seen it your way as well. kind of interesting, i wonder if you have to specify what you want because obviously it''s possible both ways.

she is going to LOVE this ring, it''s just breathtaking!! and a GREAT size stone...between 1.5 and 2c in that elusive area!!

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
a shot of the ring on it''s side

2aaaa.jpg

Starky

Rough_Rock
Your ring is lovely. COngratulations.
9.gif

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
here''s a blatant thank you to winfield''s and wink jones for all his hard work.

One thing I love about this ring, expecially with this size diamond, is that the diamond gives off a lot of large flashes of light, while the small (38 in total) pave diamonds give off brilliant pinpoint flashes of light all over the ring.

Mara,
to answer your question, I did see some versions with more pinpoint prongs, so that the "double prong" wouldn''t appear in a heart pattern. It seems that for larger diamonds this isn''t as possible. I may be wrong, but that was what I observed when looking at the different settings.

As far as perfect symmetry, this would make the prongs at the front and back different than the others, but to be honest, especially in the ring I just received, you can only notice it by looking close.
I think the prong difference balances out depending on the size of the diamond.
In smaller diamonds, they probably make these double prongs with a more fine point, and uniform prongs, with the larger ones the front and back prongs seemed (as in mine) to be in this "heart shape" but because of the diamond''s larger size, were not really noticeable.

I remember opening the box the first time and immediately noticing the lattice work of the royal crown setting and thinking how much thinner the bands looked than the pictures I had seen, but then remembered I had been looking at it with one carat diamonds in the setting.

So far. . . . I love what I''ve received.

smallinbox.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re a really funny guy, I love your sense of humor and that''s a gorgeous ring! it looks like it will be very firey! That''s one lucky girl :) Congrats and good luck!!! :D

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
OMG that ring is just fabulous! Love love love that setting and the diamond is just breathtaking!!! You did really good here Captain Polyester.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Way to go! The ring turned out beautifully.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, good..I see you found your ring that you lost! Lol!

It''s beautiful! Great job! Please come back and tell us about the proposal!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring--she''s going to love it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring Captain, she will love it. Great job!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYWORD! Gorgeous ring, fabulous diamond! GOOD JOB!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am not a "heart" person AT ALL, plus I am a total spazz about symmetry, etc., too - and I ADORE those two heart prongs!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
YUM-O! She is going to be so delighted with the DETAIL of that ring!

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! Fabulous!

And as soon as you propose, we need HAND SHOTS, please!
1.gif

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
It''s kinda hard to explain, but in the six prong setting it''s like there are potentially eight prongs from below, but the two on the side are melded together at the top to form the heart shape ones. Personally I like the two hearts. I think it is more understated than having six ones. (I just bought the channel set Royal Crown recently)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W! That is a gorgeous ring! She is going to love it...don''t forget to come back with handshots!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geez, how many threads do you have on this ring?
2.gif
Ah, I don''t blame you. It is BEAUTIFUL! The profile is divine. Can''t wait to see hand shots!!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif

She is going to faint!
face23.gif
I have always thought the RC had very gracefull and romantic lines!
18.gif

The ring is beautiful!
emlove.gif

We definately will need some more
emphoto.gif
''s of your new sparklie when you propose!

Best wishes to you, and have a wonderful day!
emhot.gif

35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you made an excellent choice...beautiful ring...

and mara: i think you are correct that the prongs can be done either way. i've seen it where they join together and form one prong on larger stones too. I guess you'd just have to specify if you want the little heart or not.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I never thought about requesting the ring without the small hearts where the prongs come together, I have always thought it one of the design features that make the design so special.

Just goes to show that there are billions and billions of stars out there, but they don''t hold a candle to the number of ways people like things. (with apologies to the astronomer whom I am paraphrasing)

It is one of the things that makes this such an exciting and enjoyable business, just when you think you know what people like you find they also like something else.

Wink

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats on finishing your ring quest as well.
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the royal crown setting, and the pave'' is so pretty!!!
30.gif

bex891

Rough_Rock
Honestly, that ring will take her breath away.

I'm green with envy!

Congratulations....can't wait to see hand shots!
36.gif

Becky

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Captain, lovely ring. She''s going to love it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring! She is going to be dazzled.

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the encouragement and help.

Everyone has their own taste, and this ring happened to reflect mine.

I''ve enjoyed sharing the process and the results with everyone out there, and once I''m done (in three weeks exactly!),
I''ll post a few pictures of the two of us.

My thanks again to all of you for your help, patience, encouragement, and advice.

I''ll see you in october!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- this is a beauty

Butterfly

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/9/2006 2:00:40 PM
Author: Mara
captain, it looks wonderful...i have a question for you. in these images and others i have seen of the RC...the top and bottom set of prongs come up and meet into a heart shape on top of the stone. the other 4 prongs are typical prong tips. how visible is this in person? visually in your pictures it seems like it would bother me. i am a total symmetry person, like i need everything to be the same.

yesterday i was at toppers in b''game which carries vatche and we tried on a bunch of rings, one of which was the royal crown and it had regular symmetrical prongs all around, not the 2 heart ones. i didn''t notice it at the time but one of the gals i was with pointed out she had seen it your way as well. kind of interesting, i wonder if you have to specify what you want because obviously it''s possible both ways.

she is going to LOVE this ring, it''s just breathtaking!! and a GREAT size stone...between 1.5 and 2c in that elusive area!!
This is Captain Polyester''s Mom. I know he will post pictures. I was privileged to see the proposal - I hope he tells his story. It was fantastic and the ring is even more beautiful in person. I won''t spoil his story.
36.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Holy Moly! What a gorgeous ring! Enjoy your ring & your marriage~!

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results