shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Caroline for small stone?

stonehunterne

Rough_Rock
Hey, I am interested to get the vatche caroline setting for a round diamond (about 1.25ct), however, the posts of Caroline setting I found here are all set with bigger stone, i.e. 2.1ct or even bigger.
I am wondering if anyone here has the experience of Vatche Caroline set with smaller diamond? Could you please share your thoughts with me? and the finger pictures would be very helpful.

Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you check out this page, down at the bottom you'll see some smaller (1.25 is not small in my book but I know what you're saying),
stones in the Vatche Caroline. Very pretty setting and I think it would be lovely with a 1.25...

Whiteflash photo with a 1.25

vatche-caroline-solitaire-engagement-ring-in-platinum-from-whiteflash_41787_19686_g-13386.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.25 is by no means a small stone - it will look BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter has the Vatche Caroline with a 1.15 ct diamond. I would say that I would choose the Legato Sleekline (platinum) over the Caroline (assuming your diamond is coming from WF? I saw your earlier thread talking about settings they carry). I do not think the Vatche Caroline is worth the extra cost. The stone sits a little lower than she prefers. I'd get the Legato and save the money and put it toward a diamond wedding band, personally!

Oh, one more thing. The basket on the Caroline fits close to the stone making it hard to clean the diamond.

stonehunterne

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1478117046|4093021 said:
If you check out this page, down at the bottom you'll see some smaller (1.25 is not small in my book but I know what you're saying),
stones in the Vatche Caroline. Very pretty setting and I think it would be lovely with a 1.25...

Whiteflash photo with a 1.25

Thank you very much, it's very beautiful!

stonehunterne

Rough_Rock
PintoBean|1478119475|4093038 said:
1.25 is by no means a small stone - it will look BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

:lol: of course, 1.25 not small at all! somehow the posts I could found here with the Caroline setting are all set with bigger stone, i.e. >2.0ct.
Thanks for your input!

stonehunterne

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1478124676|4093059 said:
My daughter has the Vatche Caroline with a 1.15 ct diamond. I would say that I would choose the Legato Sleekline (platinum) over the Caroline (assuming your diamond is coming from WF? I saw your earlier thread talking about settings they carry). I do not think the Vatche Caroline is worth the extra cost. The stone sits a little lower than she prefers. I'd get the Legato and save the money and put it toward a diamond wedding band, personally!

Oh, one more thing. The basket on the Caroline fits close to the stone making it hard to clean the diamond.

Hey, right! thanks for reading my previous post!
I was interested in the Legato Sleek line at beginning. But I personally do not like the tapering style of it. I know it's a very popular WF setting and the agent there told her e-ring is Legato too.
The Vatche Venus is the second option I was interested, I like its simplicity and delicate style. however, it seems to be too thin (only 1.8mm) on my finger (4.75, it's still too thin).
Now I am thinking Caroline might be a good choice. But the cost is quite higher than the other two, probably due to the paved basket, I guess. I actually just want a simple solid platinum basket, saw someone done that before, however, it turns out that won't help with the cost.
hmm...good to hear some user experiences from you. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These settings are very popular and allow for better cleaning of the stone. They also should be a nice medium height. I have one similar to these and my daughter prefers the height of mine over hers which has the diamond set very low.

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/elegant-tiffany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3582.htm#size=6

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/classic-tiffany-style-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-734.htm#size=6

With any platinum ring, I would request 90%platinum/10%iridium or 95%platinum/5%ruthenium as the alloys as they are harder and more scratch resistant than the typical platinum.

SpencerDane

Rough_Rock
I love the look of the ring on the link that tyty333 shared. it is simply gorgeous! However, on the links that gypsy and diamondseeker2006 posted, the prongs look closer together. I think I would feel more secure in using a setting that is more likely to hold the diamond in place better.

stonehunterne

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1478352311|4093986 said:
These settings are very popular and allow for better cleaning of the stone. They also should be a nice medium height. I have one similar to these and my daughter prefers the height of mine over hers which has the diamond set very low.

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/elegant-tiffany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3582.htm#size=6

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/classic-tiffany-style-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-734.htm#size=6

With any platinum ring, I would request 90%platinum/10%iridium or 95%platinum/5%ruthenium as the alloys as they are harder and more scratch resistant than the typical platinum.

Thanks for your suggestion! I will talk WF representative about the material. Those settings are very elegant and classic, however, I want to get a 4-prongs setting this time,

stonehunterne

Rough_Rock
Hey, folks, just want to give everyone an update here: finally I got my setting:
Semi-customized Vatche Venus (I customized its bandwidth to wider band). The final result came back very well and I am very satisfied :)
Here is it:
IMG_7890.JPG
IMG_8212.JPG

Last edited:

stonehunterne

Rough_Rock
I was hesitated among 3 settings previously:
1. Vatche Venus
2. Legato
3. Vatche Caroline

The first look of vatche venus was a little disappointed to me because its band width is too thin for me. Legato is a very pretty setting, however, I personally don't like its taper.
vatche caroline is very like vatche venus but everything is thicker, including the prongs, band etc.
I do like vatche venus's side look and delicate prongs. After further discussion with WF agents (they are very helpful), finally I decided to go to the semi-customized vatche venus setting by modifying its bandwidth but keep prongs and basket all the same as original version.
The ring turns out to be great, just as what I expected. The stone floating on the setting (vatche venus prongs are very tiny). I am happy about my choice and design :)
Thank you all!
see the side look of the ring:
IMG_7917.JPG

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks terrific! it's got a very substantial look and presence on your hand. Great choice !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results