shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Caroline Aficionados /owners & expert helpers

rockjock1

Rough_Rock
Placing order today ,
- 90/10 platinum the best alloy choice ?
- Didn't realize it has knife edge but supposedly it's subtle...any concern for comfort/inquire about softening /removing?
- setting height -she prefers low settings , do not want them to impact the integrity of design yet any merits to asking them to at least keep on lowish side

...or my current thinking of just picking the preferred alloy and set them free?

Thanks all!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, 90/10 is what my daughter's Vatche Caroline is and my Vatche setting as well. The setting is already low, so do not give them any instructions other than requesting the 90 platinum/10 iridium. I would not call it a knife edge at all. It has a very slight ridge that is hardly noticeable. I have a knife edge on the U-113 and didn't have them alter a thing. I will tell you that the one negative thing about that setting is that because of the basket, it is a little hard to clean the diamond because you can't reach the whole thing with a brush. So it would be good to soak it every night in jewelry cleaner so that it doesn't have a chance to build up any grime (and they will). Then have it cleaned at a jewelry store periodically.

rockjock1

Rough_Rock
Great- Thanks DS. I have read through many of your posts which have been most helpful. Order going out today!! Yeah, finally!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rockjock1|1452519897|3974137 said:
Great- Thanks DS. I have read through many of your posts which have been most helpful. Order going out today!! Yeah, finally!

Very exciting!!! Congrats! Come back and show us the ring!

rockjock1

Rough_Rock
Will do! Should be in next week! And then on to looking at bands after a little break. In a local store she saw a band with flush diamonds in center row framed by thinner rows of black diamonds. Looked pretty neat. Almost got us thinking to replace a few of diamonds in Vatche cross bar with sapphires/emeralds/black diamonds...but likely unnoticeable and figured better off seeing the ring first as well as choosing the band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results