shape
carat
color
clarity

Vanadium Prismatine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Gem Trader had a lovely prismatine up on ebay. It closed at $111.5 for a 0.07 round - this works out to $1585 per carat!

I am impressed...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a beautiful stone, too bad it''s so small!! I would love a crysoberyl in that color!! Sigh!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It''s an amazing color, but OMG @ the price!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That''s pretty. What is a prismatine? Is it mostly a collector''s stone?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, it is a collector’s stone.

It is beautiful…it’ll make a fantastic accent stone for a pendant, or even to just keep in a gem case.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found some more information on prismatine from Brad

This first one is interesting in that it was bought as Tanzanian Kornerupine, but is not the strongly pleochroic green/purple stones that have been available in small sizes for the last couple of years. The color is a consistent green. Well, after some advanced testing it was determined that this is actually the related analog to Kornerupine, Prismatine. The color is largely due to Vanadium.

Look at this specimen he had!!

Something about vandium colored stones is so dreamy.

GOPris.JPG

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice as well! I think I just added a new stone to my Wanted list (not that it needed to get any longer).

I placed a bid on the round when it was posted on ebay, thinking it would make a nice accent stone. It is amazing how much I underestimated what it would sell for!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous minty color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results