shape
carat
color
clarity

VALUE? SI2 EYE VISIBLE CARBON (BLACK) INCLUSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kingston

Rough_Rock
I received the diamond I purchased over the Net 3-days ago.

I have 7-days to change my mind and return the diamond for a full refund.

My question is have I got a good value for the money? I didn''t know the inclusions were black by looking at the grading report!

My description of the diamond: Looking down at the crown (top) of the diamond with the naked eye, there are no visible flaws. However, looking down the pavilion (bottom) of the diamond, the black spots are visible to the unassisted eye against a light background.

The diamond is very pretty.

Concern: CARBON (BLACK) INCLUSIONS effect on diamond value.

Price paid: $2400

Diamond: As described on the AGS Diamond Quality Documents:
Round Brilliant
6.00 – 6.05 x 3.70 mm
CUT: Ideal 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Proportions: Ideal
Color: 1.0 (F)
Clarity: 6 (SI2)
Carat: 0.808 cts.
Girdle: 1.0% to 1.5%
Culet: Pointed
Table: 55%
Crown Height/Angle: 15.3% / 34.4
Pavilion Height/Angle: 43.1% / 40.9
Fluorescence: Negligible
AGS Document Number is inscribed on the girdle of the diamond. "Pinpoints are not shown"

WAS NOT SOLD AS A HEARTS AND ARROWS, however the inscription indicates it is one, and looks to display a very, very good pattern to me. The hearts look speckled due to the black spots and the arrows side look almost clean.

kingston

Rough_Rock
By the way, the depth is 61.4% and rates nicely on the "Cut Advisor" which is no surpise, as it looks very nice (from the crown).

I noticed that source of the stone, as told to me by the seller, is a very active member of the Pricescope forum. I am sure you'll recognise your stone.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
do you see anything from the table as far as inclusions? if not i wouldn't worry too much about it. after all, when will you ever look at the diamond from the bottom. once it's set you will only see it from the top. consider yourself lucky if it's eye-clean from the top. after all you did purchase a SI2 which means you probably will see inclusions.

did you check to make sure it was inclusions and not debris?

from the cert, it sounds like a really nice diamond. and if it looks good that's all that should matter.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
To rely or depend on the advice pertinent to this stone, by those who haven't seen it is really not the prudent way to get a reliable answer.

Find an expert on the site, and have it sent to them, if you want more than a reckless guess.

There are quite a few qualified appraisers here who do participate on the forum.

Rockdoc

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kingston!
wavey.gif

Ditto's to Rock Doc. Find yourself a professional appraiser ASAP. You might have one locally. Try checking the yellow pages under Appraiser. Don't go to a jeweler. Get a totally free standing, independent Appraiser that does not sell jewelry. Then you avoid a conflict of interest.

If you don't have a local appraiser, click on the link above and chose one of the PS appraisers. Contact the vendor to let them know what you are doing, then contact the appraiser to let them know the diamond is coming. The vendor and/or appraiser will give you appropriate shipping instructions.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results