shape
carat
color
clarity

Value of the vintage pendant

litch

Rough_Rock
Hello, I want to know aproximatly value of Pendant I have. Maybe you have some advice? There is no halmarkings. IMG_0553.CR2.jpg IMG_0552.CR2.jpg IMG_0554.CR2.jpg

litch

Rough_Rock
have more items to sell now trying to find the value. What do you think this ring would be worth: and what stone is that? IMG_0593.CR2.jpg

and what about this one? IMG_0600.CR2.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The silver rings don't look old and maybe from Nepal or India -$30-$60 depending where purchased. That pendant is really strange in a cool way. It looks like the front has yellow gold stone settings while the back appears to be silver. The back metal work looks newer and does not match the work on the front. I wonder if the cameo is ivory or some sort of shell or scrimshaw with gold inlay. However,the face and hat look like a photo while the neck and suit appeared drawn and thus it could be on glass.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The top ring looks like labradorite (center stone) and pearls. The stones in the bottom ring looks like amethyst. I'd also guess they're from India.

The locket is interesting because although it looks to be a yellow metal, the bail is set with a few marcasites, which are usually set in silver rather than gold - and of course it looks like silver from the back side. I'm wondering whether the gold color might have been plated or brushed on? I'm inclined to think the gemstones on the locket are real... the fifth stone down on the right, in particular, looks like a nice spessartite garnet.

Jewelry set with several colors of gemstones is also popular in Sri Lanka... in fact, it seems to have some cultural significance in Sri Lanka? Let me put it this way - when a Sri Lankan friend returns from visiting family in their homeland, they almost come back with a ring set with several different stones. So maybe it's just the locals' special way of remembering their gem-rich island. Anyhow, that does make me wonder whether the photo locket - almost by definition, a "memory" piece - might be from Sri Lanka.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pendant could actually looks modern, there’s a trend for making new “old” looking pieces.
The metal could be brass or if it was old, pinchbeck which is a copper zinc alloy that was made to look like gold back in the 18th Century.
The rings, first one looks like rutilaled quartz and fresh water pearls, the second one amythest and onyx.
Value - pendant maybe $50 (unfortunately not much interest or demand for pendants with an image of some random man), rings $20 - $50 each, you can buy similiar to these new off eBay.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results