shape
carat
color
clarity

Value of Eternity ring

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by queasy, Jan 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. queasy
    Rough_Rock

by queasy » Jan 11, 2001
    I'm planning to buy an engagement ring
    for the first time, I'd like to know if
    the price is right.The ring is an eternity ring with princess
    shaped diamonds all around set in a platinum (95%) ring in a channel.The size of the ring is 7.5 (3mm width) and
    is going to have 26 stones for a total weight of 1.60cts. Stones are of color F-G and
    clarity is VS1-VS2.I don't know what the cut proportions are.Quick calculation indicates each stone is about 6pts. Is there any way to tell the
    value of the ring given such small stones?They are asking for $4100. Is that a fair
    price?

2. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Jan 11, 2001
    Oldminer pointed me out that the price I found above for the small diamonds is too high. Well it seems so. Just browsing Mondera: [​IMG] - Total diamond weight: 2.48 carats, 18k white gold, $1825.Another one
    [​IMG] - Total diamond weight is 1.32 carats, 18k white gold, $1,700.

3. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Jan 11, 2001
    Hi Queasy, Here is the site where you can estimate the price for small diamonds: http://www.tradeshop.com/master/melle.shtml According to this site the price for you diamonds (loose) would be about $2,500. The rest should be cost of the settings...Hope jewelry experts will give you more info.leonid

4. oldminer
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by oldminer » Jan 11, 2001
    "FAIR"? A lot depends on "WHERE"
    $4100 is no internet price, that's for sure.You might be going to a very fine and prestigious store that charges this amount, provides a beatiful place to buy, treats you like royalty, etc. You may live out in the hinterlands and only have one place that sells fine jewelry and does not have a high volume turnover like in the big city. They may be the nicest folks to work with and your family may have a long historywith them, too.These mountings are not normally "made to order" and I assume you are not having this ring made to some special and personal specifications. That does cost a lot extra sometimes.If you aren't going to those kind of stores, and if the mounting is commonplace. I'd say loudly, "KEEP SHOPPING". You have not arrived at the place where price and quality have become competitive as yet. I feel sure you can save at least $1000 and maybe more..------------------
    David Atlas
    Accredited Gem Appraisers

mumblesStone.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.