shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentines Proposal Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CJS

Rough_Rock
I am hoping to propose to my loved one on Valentines 2007, I was thinking of going to Paris (predictable i know but hey, i think she''ll love it!) The question is do i go so we are there for Valentines day itself or the weekend before or after when techincally it will not actually be valentines day and i think would spoil it somewhat. I have spoken to her boss at work and i can easily arrange the time off without her knowing to go midweek? Any thoughts or suggestions would be most useful!
1.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any suggestions but that sounds very sweet! I''ve never been to Paris...

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
You know your girl better than we do, so if you think she would be happy with "predictable", then you may as well go for V-day itself! Personally, I like the idea of doing it the weekend before... but only because I think it would be fun and unexpected to be proposed to beforehand, and then celebrate a fun V-day as an engaged couple. It also depends how important the element of surprise is to you... I would imagine that with you whisking her off to Paris, she will be expecting something sparkly to be revealed... so maybe doing it pre-V-day would catch her off-guard! Or even propose at home first, THEN whisk her off to Paris to celebrate.
2.gif

If you''re looking for specific Paris ideas, my cousin was proposed to on a bridge overlooking the Eiffel Tower... her fiance figured out when the lights go on every evening and timed it for that moment.
1.gif

Good luck!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2006 4:17:01 PM
Author: ephemery1

If you''re looking for specific Paris ideas, my cousin was proposed to on a bridge overlooking the Eiffel Tower... her fiance figured out when the lights go on every evening and timed it for that moment.
1.gif

Good luck!
Aw how memorable!

Ya, I tend to agree with eph a bit that she may know something up with the sudden trip to Paris for Valentines Day!

CJS

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your ideas, I like the idea of proposing before hand to catch her off guard, i want it to be a suprise so don''t really want her to be half expecting it already. The idea of proposing on a bridge is perfect, very sweet indeed! I''m thinking of telling her about the trip to Paris before hand and just saying it is a Valentines present then springing the suprise engagement on her then! So many possibilities! If anyone has any good ideas for proposals in Paris then please let me know, you''ve got me thinking again just when i thought i''d got it sorted!
2.gif

CJS

Rough_Rock
Anybody any more ideas? The holiday is booked, going for 3 days from the 13-15th February. Not sure whether to mention the fact that we are going away for valentines as her present then suprise her with the proposal at some point or before we go??? I''m confused, far too many decisions to make!

angel100

Rough_Rock

Ask her in a unique way. All you do is pick a piece of music that you like, grab some photos of the two of you.l

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know if you've told her already (since this thread is a little old), but ohh, if you can arrange for time off for her, then do a COMPLETE surprise for the entire thing! If it were me, I'd tell her just a couple hours before you head to the airport (giving her just enough time to pack), and propose before you get on the plane. She can stare at her ring the whole plane ride there!

No matter what you do, it will be incredibly romantic. Congratulations!
36.gif

CJS

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! I like the idea of proposing just before getting on the plane, means hopefully she can enjoy the whole trip and know the purpose of it before we get there, should make it all the more memorable. Keeping it a complete suprise was my initial idea but getting the time off for her would be extremely difficult if not impossible. She keeps hinting about getting engaged, i keep saying no chance but i think she knows i''m up to something! considering telling her about trip to Paris, she''ll be expecting me to propose then and i might suprise her doing it this Xmas. It is our first Xmas living together so should make it just as special for her if u can do it right!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
I''m a bit confused...

First you said: I have spoken to her boss at work and i can easily arrange the time off without her knowing to go midweek?

But then you said: Keeping it a complete suprise was my initial idea but getting the time off for her would be extremely difficult if not impossible.

So I''m just wondering what happened! Anyway you do it I think she''ll be blown away. I would love it if it were me, my bf won''t even talk about taking any trips out of the country until after we''re married
20.gif
. So if he were to propose and then wisk me off to paris I would just be so thrilled..... of course for me I would probably suspect something was up if he told me we were going to paris before proposing because of his stand on traveling outside of the country before marriage. But I digress.... with a proposal and a trip to paris, no matter which way (or what order) you do it, she''s going to be just giddy I''ll bet!
30.gif

Congrats on your not-too-far-off engagement
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results