shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s Day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lloydsbride

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,
I''m new to the board. I have a wedding planned for Valentines Day, 2009. My FI just got laid off, so right now i''m paying for everything on my own. I''m looking for ideas, tips, diy''s that don''t require alot of money...lol. This will be my first wedding and i''m really clueless about alot. I haven''t been to many weddings....none as an adult...lol. So this is all difficult for me...lol. I love all you ladies ideas and how you guys are all so helpful. Hope to get to know you all.

Shanika

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! How cute to have a v-day wedding, my parents were married on feb 13th because the 14th was a Monday. Okay so money saving tip #1 for you would be to scrimp as much as you can on flowers if possible. They get super expensive around that time!! Candles all the way!!

lloydsbride

Rough_Rock
Yeah, they''ll be expensive. I have to get the bouquets though...don''t know how much that''s going to cost me yet.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry about your FI getting laid off! Welcome to PS!
36.gif
Valentine's Day is great, that will be really beautiful! If you're willing to do it yourself you can save a TON of money that way. Also, go ahead and book your venue ASAP. Cutting back on certain things like alcohol, transportation, videography, etc., always helps as well. So let us know what you need help with and always feel free to share your ideas!

ETA: By do it yourself I meant certain things like invitations, favors, etc..sorry I didn't specify lol

Lloydsbride - Welcome to pricescope!! There are SO many ways to save money! It appears Valentine''s Day is a Saturday next year ... have you considered having a daytime/afternoon wedding? A lot of times venues will discount the price during the day and you could still have your special date but save some $$$.... Where are you from/where will the wedding be?

lloydsbride

Rough_Rock
Yeah, i''m planning to have an afternoon wedding (around 2pm). It will be in Shreveport, LA. My family will be coming out from CA.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
hey If you go over to the LIW board I posted on the IDeas on this thread with some money savings tips for DIY. I will post this again because I absolutely love it :)

BUT you can do the feather idea...and you can sell them on EBAY afterwords and make your money back, soemtimes a little more because you can purchase them for wholesale...

Anyways not sure what your colors are... But still I think they are great...they dont die like flowers..and you can def resell and get your money and maybe more back... AND they can be assembled before the wedding so you dont have the worry of them not looking like you dont want

For favors.. you can do a candy buffet..and since your close to Vday you could prob get some good deal on candys...go to your goodwill to buy some glass vases/containers... tie some pretty ribbon around them, and then just buy something for people to put them in(chinese to go boxes, tiffany like boxes, or just plastic bags).

BUT seriously there are a ton of ideas..and if you just purchase some a time it wont be too bad..

ALSO I know someone bought flowers from an online vendor and assembled them herself..you could do that for your bouquets.. I mean seriously how hard could it be?? Or just buy from a local store the day before and assemble..

Goodluck let me know if you need anymore pics of the feathers or help with color combos for them, I have tons of pics :)

pinkgreenfeathers.jpeg

lloydsbride

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your ideas! Those feathers are beautiful, that is something i would have never thought of. I added that website to my favorites. My colors will be wine and champagne.

Blondebunny, are you a wedding planner?? You''re really good at this...lol.
19.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
No im not, although I have thought about it. I just graduated with a degree in Finance and Im getting my MBA.. BUT im really creative and LOVE to do stuff like this (you should have seen my rooms as a kid, i had some pretty awesome rooms, Ill have to find a pic), but anyways I havent really decided what I wanted to do yet, but I have thought about wedding planning.. Im all about a budget, and DIY stuff and letting a bride have an amazing wedding with spending the crazy $$$...its just crazy to me to spend so much when I could spend it on other stuff...like purses..hahaha :)

let me know if you need anything else I can search in my pics or 5 million websites haahah

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
heres the candy buffet pics..

candy-buffet.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
here is one of my favs too..and if u look back on the other thread I posted the website.. I want to do this and put it either on the candy buffet table or the table with the name cards?? lol whatever that table is...

BridesTree250w.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
For table numbers...
you can do this.. just buy from JoAnns and decorate with rhinestones or glitter??? Very easy and beautiful!

crystalhangingtablenumbers232.jpg

lloydsbride

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all your help. These are great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results