shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
I will post my story and pics tonight in my LIW thread!!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, ladies!! Can't wait to see pics and see the stories!! Lots of *DUST* for everyone else, and Happy Valentine's Day!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! T
To the LIW who are not waiting anymore. And sending out some - - - - - - -dusty dust dust - - - - - - - - to all the rest.

Happy valentines day!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
mif_|1297630466|2850911 said:
Seeing as my SO has forgotten valentines day, I doubt it. :(

Mine did, too. Not even a card. Friggin' b*stard. I've told him always AT LEAST get me a card if you can't think of anything else to get me.

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
wishfuldreamer|1297784378|2852309 said:

Mine did, too. Not even a card. Friggin' b*stard. I've told him always AT LEAST get me a card if you can't think of anything else to get me.

I also didn't get anything. I didn't get him anything either, but I baked some cupcakes and wrote our names of them = ♥♥♥. We went out for dinner then snuggled... we're boring sometimes lol.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
wishfuldreamer|1297784378|2852309 said:

That sucks. Did you get him something? Did he say anything?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
My Valentines day was equally disappointing. BF was supposed to be "on call" at work this weekend for the launch of a big new project. "On call" turned out to mean actively working about 18 hours a day. He'd work until 2AM, go to bed, and they'd call and wake him up at 7AM to fix a problem. So yeah. Our romantic weekend didn't happen. We were supposed to be putting in an order for the ring reset on Saturday, and I was very excited. But no. BF hasn't had a chance to do anything but work. I hate that they're taking advantage of him. He's picking up the slack for coworkers not doing their jobs. I don't blame him at all for neglecting Valentine's Day; I know he didn't choose to work like this, but it was still depressing. This weekend was really hard. I ate junk food and watched horrible TLC shows all day. I may or may not have polished off a bottle of port by myself. Yesterday was a little better, but still not great. I woke up early and made heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast. He grabbed a plate and ate them while he called in for an early conference call he had forgotten to tell me about. So we had a romantic breakfast, me, him, and all of his coworkers on speakerphone. I was holding on to hope he would have flowers sent to my office like he did last year. But he didn't. My coworker in the cube across from me got roses, a huge box of chocolates, a teddy bear, and balloons. I got to stare at that all day. Again, I'm not mad at him. I know he got sucked into all this garbage at work, and it's not the norm, these are unusual circumstances. I know he hasn't gotten much sleep and he's stressed and exhausted. I really don't blame him. It just sucks. He did make dinner last night since he got home from work before I did, so that was nice. But he was tired, so we ate on the couch while watching tv instead of at the table like we normally do, and then he went straight up to bed. We did not exchange presents or cards. He says we'll do something the weekend after next to make up for it. Nothing scheduled yet, though. And still no ring order. I really don't want to bring it up again since he's so stressed right now. So I guess I'll just wait. Hopefully we can have a nice fake Valentine's Day in a few weeks when things settle down. /end rant.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Blacksand, I'm so sorry your Valentine's day wasn't too great. My BF's job sometimes takes advantage of him too. It really gets on my nerves sometimes, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it. They moved him to salary recently and gave him a slight promotion. I'm realizing now that they most likely did this so that he would not have to get paid overtime. He also works 12 hour days almost every day and most of the time he is doing other people's jobs.

We went out to dinner on Sunday to avoid the crowd. Since I don't have a job, I wasn't planning on us doing anything for Valentine's day but he insisted we go out. So, I decided I would go buy us some scratch off lottery tickets. I bought one $5 and two $2 tickets. I let him pick whether he wanted the two $2 tickets or the one $5 ticket, then whatever he didn't pick would be for myself since I enjoy them as well. He picked the $5 and lost. So, I played the $2 tickets and won $22!! He was wishing he had picked the $2 tickets obviously. But I reminded him that I gave him the choice and he could have picked them! ;-)

I was a little disappointed though because BF only took me out to dinner. Every year, even when we have done nothing to celebrate Valentine's day or bought each other anything, he has always gotten me a rose. This year he didn't even do that so I was a little disappointed. Don't ask me why but something about flowers just makes me melt every time. It didn't soothe my wound either when I got on a social networking site and saw all these pictures from other girls, who are student teaching also, whose BFs sent flowers to them at their schools. Oh well...

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! The social networking sites were full of pictures of flowers, chocolates, teddy bears, and even diamond jewelery that everyone had received. It was impossible to avoid. Personally, I think it's a little tacky to post pictures of presents you have received online. It seems a bit boastful to me. But it's apparently becoming the norm, and obviously most of my network seems to think it's perfectly acceptable. For me, it was impossible to look at all those pictures without thinking of all the things I, um, did not get for Valentine's Day.

On a happier note, I was told this morning that we will definitely sit down and figure out what needs to be done to put in the ring order tonight. Fingers crossed it will actually happen this time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results