shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Is anyone expecting a Valentine's Day proposal?
***DUST*** to those who are!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was really hoping for one but I'm not so sure I will be getting one anymore. It's our anniversary on Valentines day, we've had the ring for 9 months and we're in an international relationship (although I spend most time with him where he lives) and I was really really hoping he'd do it then but now I'm not so sure. His dad proposed to his mom 30 years ago at the same place we are spending our anniversary trip and so I thought it would be amazing to have a proposal there too (not to mention I'm heading back home for a bit and would love to go home engaged!)...but I just have a feeling that it's not going to happen then :((

I'm trying to get over my disappointment (he gave me a time line and said we'd probably be engaged before I had to leave in March but bc I'm heading back to the states, when I return I have another 6 month clock reset that I can stay....meaning he's got longer to do it) and we're traveling to the states over my birthday (just weeks after valentines day)...so IDK anymore. I don't want to ruin either trip by wanting/waiting/expecting it and then not have it happen. So I keep telling myself it's NOT going to happen and if it does, great...but if it doesn't I need to enjoy the time away together no matter what.

I'm finding that easier said than done though. :(sad

DUST to all the other LIW though! We'll find out in a few weeks if there's any movement on the list! <3!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I really thought I was going to get a Valentine's proposal, or at least one near Valentine's Day. BF is the kind of person who wouldn't want to propose on the actual holiday, but would do it a day or two before or after. At this point though, I really don't think he will. BF mentioned that he is thinking somewhere around April. I told him today though that he really does need to get things moving so that we can pick our date for next summer. I know a few of my closest friends will probably be getting engaged soon and married next summer. Two of the dates I was looking at have already been taken by my engaged friends. I wanted an early June wedding (it gets unbearably hot here in July and August). But I may not be able to do that if he waits too long.

Honestly, I am totally baffled as to when he will finally do it. I feel like he changes his mind everyday. Some days he says he can't wait and that we should just go elope now. Then other days he says he wants to wait a few more months.

*****DUST***** to everyone else though!! I really hope to see a lot of movement on Valentine's Day!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
99.99% he won't. So........... ~*~*~DUST~*~*~ to everyone else.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
I was proposed to years ago on valentines day. It was really sweet--he proposed without a ring because a)he didn't know what I'd like and b)we had no money. My birthday is the day before, so v-day has never been a big deal. We went on a hike and I thought I was getting new hiking boots! Seriously--didn't expect it at all! It still makes me laugh. :lol:

Good thoughts for all those waiting!

BoulderGal

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
I've told him in the past that I would prefer it not on any other holiday -- so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen. Added to the fact that we haven't settled on a ring yet and I'm guessing that I am looking more at March or April at the earliest. As of right now I'm fine with that - but I'm guessing I will have moments of "just do it already!!!" :devil:

Dust to all the other ladies hoping for Valentine's Day =)

glitterprincess

Rough_Rock
Sadly, I doubt I will see a proposal at V-Day or anytime soon :(

I've been patiently waiting for it to happen around my birthday (last spring) and I doubt it will even happen this spring! Ugh!

Here's to hoping a few of you lucky ladies get some wonderful bling this V-Day :D

*****Dust to everyone******

glitterprincess

Rough_Rock
Sadly, I doubt I will see a proposal at V-Day or anytime soon :(

I've been patiently waiting for it to happen around my birthday (last spring) and I doubt it will even happen this spring! Ugh!

Here's to hoping a few of you lucky ladies get some wonderful bling this V-Day :D

*****Dust to everyone******

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Vintagelover, maybe I didn't understand something in your post, but... both date- and location-wise, it sounds like it would shape up for a Vday proposal?? It's like all the conditions are perfect! Just a gut feeling?

I don't expect a V-day proposal. We don't even do anything romantic on the actual day because we feel it's a noob move to go out to a nice restaurant that day. We'd rather have a nice dinner in the few days before or after it. I don't care about it happening on V-day or any other day anyway. Plus, I doubt the ring will be done and in our hands by then.

Good luck to the rest of you ladies though! Random q, but where did the "dust" term come from? Like fairy dust?

Div

Rough_Rock
Valentines... It is a romantic notion and we are moving into our own house on the 1st of Feb... but i have a gut feeling that it won't happen that soon. we have discussed it, and it is definitely in the plans, but somehow i think i'll still be a waiting after the 14th of feb...

have been doing my best to be sane, but i guess we all have our days.

*********Dust to everyone**********
:))

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I don't even know anymore. I was originally expecting Christmas, then my birthday (Feb. 5), or possibly Valentine's. He actually made a pretty big deal, a few months ago, of saying I'd be engaged before the big, looming, evil, 30th birthday that will make me officially old. But that was a few months ago. The ring hasn't been ordered yet, and I really don't think there's any way, if he orders it now, that it could be ready in time for either date. I said something to that effect to him the other day, and he seemed confused, and said, "but shouldn't the proposal be its own thing? You don't want to share your birthday or Valentine's day with that. Let's make it its own special day." I appreciate that sentiment...but it's like he forgot it was supposed to happen before my birthday. Oh, well. I am thinking he wants to wait a bit to let his sister [who recently found out she is pregnant] enjoy the spotlight. He is sweet and his heart is in the right place, but he really doesn't realize what torture it is to wait!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
Not expecting at all but Dust to all the ladies who are hopeful!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should I be here: I thought the SAME thing! I mean it couldn't be set up any more perfect IMO and I must admit I'm fearful of crossing the boarder (less than 2 weeks after our anniversary trip we are going to the states) bc I've been in and out of the country for a year now. I'm not sure what ??? will be asked but if I get denied entry there's a very good possibility that we won't get to see each other for quite a while. I really don't want to have an engagement/marriage just bc I get denied entry, I'd like it done before I go so that way if I DO get denied entry (bc of the amount of time I've been up here, I'm a visitor for on and off for a year!) I'd like people to see we were engaged and that serious before hand. If we do it afterwards it may appear to immigration that we did it to get me in the country and perhaps to even some of his friends ( not that I care what they think, it's more the appearance to immigration).

He went out to dinner with my dad last night, and he didn't ask permission ;(
He could call when he gets back, but I doubt it.

Any advice how I can get over my disappointment before he gets home? I'm trying really hard not to think about it. He knows my thoughts/feelings on the mattrer and he calls me his wife already and says he knows he wants to marry me, so it's only a matter of time. But IMO an engagement is telling the world that you want to marry this person, my grandma flat out asked him and he said yes he intends to marry me. We've got the ring, I've been up here a year so we didn't have to do the LDR thing and I'm just ready already!
What's the hold up?!

Sorry guys, thanks for letting me vent. I'll get over it, and I know he'll do it when he feels the time is right. It's just SO hard ESP when
He's had the ring for 9 months and calls me his wife (which I always correct) and we've lived together almost a year now too.

Dust to the ladies! I pray I can not worry about this and just enjoy the vacation weekend we get to spend together. He's been traveling a lot and working tons of OT and so I'm alone even more than usual in the apt. At least I've got my kitty cat now though : )

BabyJRu1202

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm def not expecting but can't wait to hear about those lovely ladies that do and can't wait to see pics! ;-)

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not expecting one, we don't even celebrate it every year.

*~*~*~*DUST*~*~*~* to everyone else!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I know with 100% certainty that it WILL NOT happen Valentine's day.

SO's mom died last year on the 16th. I actually don't even think we're doing anything for V-day this year.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Opps:

But some serious dust to everyone!!

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
Definitely not happening for me on Valentine's Day, but I am hopeful for everyone else.

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
BoulderGirl .... we have the same birthday!! Feb 13th :) Only te coolest people are born on Feb 13th :appl:

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Vanilla, any updates for you? You hoping for valentines?

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
I am new and am actually expecting a proposal on Valentines -- or sooner. I told him I don't think I can wait until Valentines since he's getting the ring this week! 6 years is long enough to wait ;))

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
LvMyOMC|1296591520|2839671 said:
I am new and am actually expecting a proposal on Valentines -- or sooner. I told him I don't think I can wait until Valentines since he's getting the ring this week! 6 years is long enough to wait ;))

You sounds like me LOL We will be together 7 yrs March! My ring should be complete and in my hand around there...I can hardly wait. V-Day would have been realllyyyy cool but won't happen. Dust to everyone!!

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
Envyme|1296892904|2843801 said:
LvMyOMC|1296591520|2839671 said:

You sounds like me LOL We will be together 7 yrs March! My ring should be complete and in my hand around there...I can hardly wait. V-Day would have been realllyyyy cool but won't happen. Dust to everyone!!

That's great news! We just picked up the ring Thursday, so now I'm just waiting...patiently... :Up_to_something:

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Well, ladies...

He proposed!!

He was waiting at home for me when I came home from work on Friday. Totally was not expecting that, what a perfect proposal it was!

Hoping to see more good news on here from other girls!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats should i be here!!! We need a thread with pics and details!!

LvMyOMC

Rough_Rock
should i be here|1297608439|2850718 said:
Well, ladies...

He proposed!!

He was waiting at home for me when I came home from work on Friday. Totally was not expecting that, what a perfect proposal it was!

Hoping to see more good news on here from other girls!

Congrats!!

That makes two of us! I got engaged last night!!! I'm so excited!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Seeing as my SO has forgotten valentines day, I doubt it. :(

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Cograts to ladies in waiting who got engaged.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Both of you girls need to post new threads with the proposal story and pictures ASAP!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yay congrats ladies :appl: cant wait for the proper threads when you have a moment :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results