shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day is coming...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t believe I forgot this. So our very first Valentine’s Day together we had been dating just a few months. But it was already intense. We were heads over heels. And I wanted to get him something special. He loves to cook and bake. So I got him a stand mixer. In red. From Bloomingdales. It was so heavy and I carried it home on the train after work. lol I would have had it delivered but Valentine’s Day was the next day so I sucked it up. I was younger then so I somehow managed carrying up all those subway stairs at 59th street then back up the stairs at my stop. Whew

IMG_6169.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have done gifts, candy, flowers, dinners out and cards. Nothing set in stone. We will probably do dinner out this year and maybe some chocolates! We always took our kids out for a special dinner when they were growing up. Never hurts to celebrate love!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don’t do anything special for Valentine’s Day, hubby will sometimes get me flowers and we usually get each cards but I find that silly as they are expensive and we just throw them away so I discourage him from buying anything

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I found your ring @missy just in time for VD!

cheers--Sharon

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
not sure how true this is, but its a great idea
1706943625797.png
It is absolutely true! I saw it on our local news. We live in the Philly burbs. Philadelphia is not for sissies! Lol
We just do cards. I love flowers but not overpriced ones so I’ve always told my husband not to buy them for VD. I might pick up a pot of narcissus from the grocery store if I need flowers. My birthday is a week after VD and our son’s is the day before me so any gifts and celebrations were for those days.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
We don't really do valentines day stuff between my husband and I. We feel like it's just another day and we should be showing we love each other daily anyway. (And we do!) We make much more fuss of our wedding anniversary and birthdays and Christmas so I'm not bothered. But I love the holiday being there for other people! I love reading about the cute stuff other people do :D
Obviously I'm here for the valentines day jewellery drool too:D
I'm definitely doing something for our daughter though since she's 5 and it's her first one at school. She got to pick out her unicorn valentines and a cute box to bring with her on the day. I forgot to grab her candy though while we were out. Oops? Going on the grocery list now for sure! XD I just want to make sure she has a good day that day.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so last year we had the really bad tropical cyclone right at the beginning of the kumera (sweet potato) harvest and it pretty much destroyed the whole year's crop:(2
it has been so expensive:cry2: i have not brought any all year and for the last two months there has been none at all in the shops
on friday the grocery shop next to work had the first of the new year's harvest for $13.95a kg:shock:, gold ones, but they look nice and orange inside

it was quiet so i had her weigh me out one - $8 something o_Oso i put in back
but i thought about it all day and after work i went back and brought the smallest one i could see (they are very large) for $7
but when i got home i felt like i shouldnt just cook it into something typical but save it for something special
today i remembered Valentine's day:kiss2:
so i'll buy some good steak and some nice wine, probably some strawberries and that's that then=)2

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We dont really do much for Valentines Day. Usually, we exchange cards. If I want flowers, I get them for myself because
I know what I* like (kind of like buying my own jewelry...I enjoy the hunt). I'll usually fix a Valentine-inspired dinner and dessert
and that's about it.

I dont like going out on VDay and feeling rushed to free up the table for the next "special" couple. It's all just too forced.

My gift to my husband...not expecting too much from him for Vday!:D He is a pretty busy man and takes care of a lot of things
around the house. I don't want to add to his list of things he "must" do because it's VDay. I hope he appreciates my thoughtful
gesture!:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results