shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s Day gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
We already got (part of) our Valentine''s day gift, Wii console and Wii fit!!! Even though we never celebrated it before with more than exchange of sweet cards and nice dinner, we prob will do something a little nicer as this is our first Valentine''s day after the wedding.

Any idea to make this one extra special without breaking the bank?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fi only gets me flowers on V-day, so I know I''ll get those. This year they''ll be delivered to our house as opposed to the office since I''m home now. This year to my knowledge we''re not doing presents (though he''s hinted he might be getting me something like a stacking ring...), instead we''re going to stay in downtown Providence at this boutique hotel for a night. The package comes with dinner and the price is really reasonable. About what we''d pay for dinner alone actually, so that''s what we''re doing. We didn''t do anything for NYE this year because we had a blizzard, so this is taking the place of that. I can''t wait to get all dressed up for the night!!!

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
We usually buy each other cards and hubby sends me flowers but this year we will be on Virgin Gorda so we are having a romantic dinner at Biras Creek.
30.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Nothing. We may do a nice dinner at home but, then again, maybe not. Maybe it is an age thing. I used to really care about holidays and gifts but now I am, like, "whatever". [apologies for the mangling of the English language!
9.gif
11.gif
]

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
There are a couple books I''ll probably get for FI. He also wanted a more comfortable strap for his bag, so I''m probably going to get that too. I''m treating him for dinner this year.

As for what I''m getting? He keeps teasing me and telling me (as he so delicately puts it
20.gif
) that I''m going to "sh!# my pants" when I open it.

Who knows? I just hope he didn''t spend too much $$!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 11:38:54 AM
Author:Hudson_Hawk
This is a silly post more than anything. I know a lot of ppl think Vday is a manufactured holiday that shouldn''t be celebrated.

What do you have your eye on for Valentine''s day gifts?
a 2.5ct rb
31.gif
but i know i ain''t gonna get it.
39.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
FI and I usually go out to dinner, and we get each other small gifts. Last year''s gifts were a dress for me (gorgeous and picked out by FI!) and thick, soft towels for him. I have no idea what I will get him this year! Suggestions for fun small gifts are welcome =).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t really do Vday, but I did happen across a card that was very cute this year, so I got him that.

We really only do gifts at all for birthdays, and even then they''re pretty small ($100 max, usually under $50). We''re not big gift people.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:34:51 PM
Author: Elmorton
We NEVER used to do anything for Valentine''s day except exchange cards (and go to the Vagina Monologues - I was in it one year, so DH and I went every year when I/we were in college), but we went out for V-day last year and really liked it - it was fun to get dressed up and do something special in that void between Xmas, my birthday, and our anny. We''ve been talking about going the same place this year - a small, moderately priced local Italian restaurant. Yum.

Last year, DH got me orangey-pink roses, so I dunno, maybe I''ll get flowers again this year? We rarely bring flowers into the house because the cats try to eat them, so flowers are kinda special. I''d love a small red or pink-themed gift though - a cute coach keychain or something would be fun.

My gift to DH is that I make dessert. This year, I''m making tirimisu!
I was in a production of Vagina Monologues too in university...but this was before my BF came around. I dragged him to a production of The Good Body by Eve Ensler and he fell asleep. haha.

Last year my BF was across the country on a snowboarding trip and he arranged to have orange flowers (my fave colour) delivered to me. A gorgeous bouquet of pink roses came.
3.gif

We don''t normally do much for v-day but this year I''m planning a weekend getaway with some ice skating, snowshoeing and other romantic activities
31.gif
. We''ve been so busy for the past couple of months that it''ll be nice to get some R&R.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results