shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s Day Came Early!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tjanson

Rough_Rock

It’s finally here!!!! I spent many long nights perusing through posts on pricescope to get to this point. I LOVE this forum! DH and I have been married for 7.5 years. He proposed on Valentines’ Day. About 5 months ago we started talking about how we both very much wanted to upgrade our rings. My original setting was a simple yellow gold tiffany style engagement ring with a baguette and round diamond wedding band. I really loved it when I first picked it out, but that was awhile ago, and my taste has changed. My husband actually never really liked his wedding band, also yellow gold. For our engagement I had given him a very heavy silver band, and I think he never got over the look and weight of that. So anyhow we got to talking about what each of us wanted, and I just happened to mention a stone upgrade.

23.gif
Well, that just about broke his heart. He actually got a little misty and said, “But what about the day I proposed to you and what that stone symbolizes?” Very sensitive, love him.

Soooooo, I had to figure out a way to deal with the shrinkage issue I was having. And to basically pump up the bling. Enter the halo.

17.gif
Leon Mege and Ritani were my inspiration. I went down to Derco and brought pictures, and talked with them for a verrrrry looooong time. It was exhausting, actually. And then, just 6 weeks later, I have my custom halo!

Center stone:
1.01 round brilliant cut G VVS1

Setting:
platinum 150 odd diamonds. Don''t know the carat weight of that yet (coming in the appriasal)

ring18.jpg

tjanson

Rough_Rock
more:

tjanring10.jpg

laru0283

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!! Good choice on the halo, it looks amazing! Can''t wait to see more pics!
36.gif

tjanson

Rough_Rock
More!

tjanring6.jpg

tjanson

Rough_Rock
Yay!!

tjanring13.jpg

tjanson

Rough_Rock
I love how the diamonds go all the way around!

tjanring2.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That is just gorgeous! Your pics are great, too! Congrats on your upgrade/reset!

tjanson

Rough_Rock
Allright, I''ll stop!

tjanring3.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like your halo!! Congrats!! I''d love to see your husband''s ring too :) Perfect scratch for the 7 year itch haha :D

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Beautifully executed!!! It''s perfect on you, and what a solution to the dreaded shrinkage. That is a really, really nice diamond. Very firey!

tjanson

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words! I was so nervous it wouldn''t turn out the way I had hoped. But I really love it. The only thing that is standing out for me a bit is the size of the bezel. Ir seems a bit wide. I''m going to sit on it for a few days, and then if it still bothers me, I will ask them to thin it down a bit just like Anna did for her''s (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yg-halo.57129/).

Any opinions?

Cehrabehra, as soon as I give it to him (on Valentine''s Day) I will post a pic. But it''s kind of plain compared to mine....!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!!! Halo''s make such a difference. Your setting is just stunning!!! Enjoy!!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous! They did a super job! That was a great solution!

So is your husband getting a new ring, too?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a lovely ring, congratulations!
36.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, it''s absolutely gorgeous. I can''t say anymore... I''m lost for words. Beautiful!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That turned out beautifully! I''ll bet you can''t keep your eyes off of it!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a gorgeous halo!
30.gif
i love the profile of the ring and i also love how it''s an eternity style band!

but i do agree with you about the bezel looking a teeny bit wide...but waiting a few days to see if you still think so seems like a good plan.

congratulations on your new beautiful halo!
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, newest inductee of the halo club.
2.gif
Halos are great for shrinkage. Diamonds all over it are good for that overwhelming sense of bling we all need.
9.gif
I love yours. It''s just beautiful. Congrats on the anny.

shay

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the halo idea!!!!
30.gif
What does your husband''s band look like??

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is a beautiful, beautiful ring!!! and since changing the stone wasn''t an option, this was a great way to ''grow your stone'' lol......

Are you going to matchi it with an eternity band??
31.gif
31.gif
30.gif

and I too, would love to see a pic of your hubby''s ring!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i think your "new" ring looks gorgeous!
2.gif

what a great alternative to revamp your original stone!

so what did your husband end up doing with his ring? i would love to see pics of his as well.

congrats on your 7 years together!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that came out really well.

Do you have any before and after shots for us? Love to see the difference.

Anna_Magdalena

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! It looks so beautiful! By the way, when I went back in to Derco to get my band filed down and the bezel thinned, they did it for me by afternoon of the same day. So it''s a pretty easy process.

However, I do think your bezel is already a little better integrated than mine was - our settings were probably made to accommodate a 1 carat center, so since mine was a .84, they had to kind of "fill in" with a little extra metal.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your beautiful new reset!!
1.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
WOWZA!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
That is the most beautiful halo!!! I love how its bezel but diamond as well its just georgeous!!! Congratulations!!!

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Veeeeerrrryy Niiiice! You and your jeweler did a great job!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous, a million times gorgeous. *adding Derco to list of custom designers*

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just gorgeous! Happy V-day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results