shape
carat
color
clarity

Vaccinating older teens?

Are you going to get/have your older teen vaccinated?

• Yes

Votes: 58 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Maybe...please explain

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
My 18 year old got his second moderna shot last Tuesday. He has been very careful and conscientious about masking and social distancing and couldn't wait to get his shots so he can be a teenager again and go back to in person college classes. He was kicking the soccer ball with his dad after the first shot but the second shot, he was flat on his back with a fever and a headache for about 48hrs. The younger two, 12 and 9, can't wait to get their shots too. I'd rather they be sterilized :lol: and alive rather than dead and fertile... but really how fertile can you be when you're dead!! :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Diamondbug I had the same reaction to the shots as your kids. I'll be sure and let my kids know what to expect with their
second shot. Surprisingly, my 82-year-old mother had no reaction from the second shot. The only reaction she got from the
first shot was a nice bruise. I hope her immune system did its thing and built up antibodies!

Edit...I didnt have the fever part...more the flat on your back experience. I had a headache, weakness, muscle aches, and congestion in my nose/throat.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 13 yo and 15 yo nieces just got vaccinated this evening woohoo.

631CE3C6-3E80-4A8F-8832-565C880DCBD6.jpeg

BC000DA0-DD82-4043-BFDB-4BCF85EE38C8.jpeg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely. My 16 year old is fully vaccinated and I can’t wait for a vaccine to be approved for my 9 year old.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh, yes, we are on our way!
My soon to be 17 and I both will have our second dose at the end of the month. The soon to be 14 is scheduled for the week after for her first. The option just opened up here for us and we jumped! DH has been vaccinated for months already.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just went on a little 3 day vacay and even though we wore our mask in public places with people near by,
it was so liberating to not have to wear a mask most of the time!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My 16 year old got it a couple of months ago and my 14 year old got her first yesterday (a couple of days after she was eligible). To me, it was an easy choice. I was able to hug my elderly, immune compromised parents on Mother’s Day for the first time in over a year!! That was priceless!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I want everyone vaccinate. Yes, there is always, and should be, a concern about procedures and medications that are put into our bodies. We mu choose the lesser of two evils most of time.

Annette

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Both my 13 year old and 16 year old will be getting their second shot next week. It was an absolute no Brainer for us.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My daughter is in her early 20s. Absolutely refuses to get it, no mater how much I beg or threaten. So selfish on her part and I'm super frustrated! The rest of us are vaccinated. The thought of her dying over something she could be vaccinated against makes me ill.

On another note, the myocarditis is rare and most respond well to treatment.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter is in her early 20s. Absolutely refuses to get it, no mater how much I beg or threaten. So selfish on her part and I'm super frustrated! The rest of us are vaccinated. The thought of her dying over something she could be vaccinated against makes me ill.
The odds of a person dying from Covid in their teens and 20's are very slim. No matter what the CDC say these are experimental drugs for emergency use with no track record of possible future side effects to the body. This vaccination does not end with 2 shots there will be a booster shot coming soon in the fall.

Q

Queenie60

The odds of a person dying from Covid in their teens and 20's are very slim. No matter what the CDC say these are experimental drugs for emergency use with no track record of possible future side effects to the body. This vaccination does not end with 2 shots there will be a booster shot coming soon in the fall.

They have announced that the J&J shot now requires a booster. And I am with you. It’s still experimental and does not have a track record, not enough to convince me

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have announced that the J&J shot now requires a booster. And I am with you. It’s still experimental and does not have a track record, not enough to convince me
No matter what the CDC say...these experimental drugs aren't going to get anywhere near our grandkids!. Our daughters are young adults they can decide for themselves to do whatever want with their body.

Q

Queenie60

No matter what the CDC say...these experimental drugs aren't going to get anywhere near our grandkids!. Our daughters are young adults they can decide for themselves to do whatever want with their body.

I'm with you. CDC continues to waver - constantly saying one thing and then another. I do not trust anything they tell us, mostly propaganda. I would never allow a youngster in my care to get this experimental drug. There's no need for a young person to get the jab - statistically, their chance of becoming very ill or dying is very low. And I am most skeptical of a gene altering drug that the government is pushing very hard. Lotteries and offering money and gift cards to those who take the jab. I don't thinks so - I'll wait this one out.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But aren't you? . she's an adult let her decide for herself.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update since I think this information might be helpful for others:

My 14 y/o is fully vaccinated and my 12 y/o was signed up the day after her birthday and had her first dose last week (two weeks after her 12th birthday).

Both are generally very reactive to vaccines. Both had VERY high fevers as babies after each MMR (over 41°C) , so much so that our pediatricians decided to go at a slower pace and not do multi-vaccines for certain vaccines where available. Their standard booster shots for tetanus etc usually knock them out &cause fever.

Both wanted the vaccine but were very apprehensive given their reactions.
I was worried, too and kept meds on hand, pediatrician gave me her number to text.

They both had a sore arm but nothing else.

Will report back when DD had her second shot. Keeping fingers crossed it stays unproblematic!

Re the consent question (we're in France): they literally grilled them three times if they were there out if their own free will.
They made it clear they could back out at any moment and that it was not my decision but theirs.
Once when entering the vaccination centre and the identity was checked, once when the assistant went over the medical history forms and once when a doctor went over the forms with each patient again right before the vaccination.

ETA: I think this was very empowering for them, but it has never happened for any other vaccines, including elective ones ..

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched my nextdoor neighbour's kids grew up, and her younger son is 17 and not vaccinated.

He is the only one in her household of 4 that has not been vaccinated. His sister who is slightly older with an underlying health condition was vaccinated around the same time as their parents.

Hopefully he will be vaccinated soon.

DK :))

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I'm with you. CDC continues to waver - constantly saying one thing and then another. I do not trust anything they tell us, mostly propaganda. I would never allow a youngster in my care to get this experimental drug. There's no need for a young person to get the jab - statistically, their chance of becoming very ill or dying is very low. And I am most skeptical of a gene altering drug that the government is pushing very hard. Lotteries and offering money and gift cards to those who take the jab. I don't thinks so - I'll wait this one out.

What is this "gene altering" drug you speak of? There is no capacity for an mRNA vaccine to alter a gene.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
It's a nonsensical lie spread by alt right media. It's never been accurate (of course) but somehow folks continue to be confused about what mRNA vaccines do and how they work.

Yes. It boggles my mind because relatively speaking the mRNA vaccines are fairly "clean." Minimal additives and preservatives. And they basically are the same process as the very common viral vector vaccines, except one step further down the line in antibody production.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter just turned 23 and she isn't sure she wants it, she keeps hearing it affects fertility.

yes, my early 30's daughter has the same issue although I hear the issue has been debunked. Obviously I can't force her to get vaccinated, but I do fear for her, especially with the Delta variant. I try to only bring it up once every few weeks and hope that she will change her mind. And luckily, so far, my state is doing well, high vaccine % and not many daily cases, but that can change. I'm hoping she changes her mind before our numbers change. But I can't force her so I'm left doing basically nothing.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, my early 30's daughter has the same issue although I hear the issue has been debunked. Obviously I can't force her to get vaccinated, but I do fear for her, especially with the Delta variant. I try to only bring it up once every few weeks and hope that she will change her mind. And luckily, so far, my state is doing well, high vaccine % and not many daily cases, but that can change. I'm hoping she changes her mind before our numbers change. But I can't force her so I'm left doing basically nothing.

Yeah,that was a myth that was debunked.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on what?. Vaccines with a 1 yr. history and no long track records.

I don't know if anyone can explain this enough so it will make sense. It's a drug that does not linger in your system. You get the injection and your body starts responding right away, over the course of a few weeks your immune system builds it's response and that's it. Immune system responses don't just pop up months/years later. Even if you end up needing an annual booster for full efficacy, it would still only be a few weeks that you would be building immunity after each shot. That's just how these things work.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two of my friend's teenage daughters got vaccinated w/o parental consent. I don't think that's legal. The eldest daughter took her two younger sisters (12 and 15) in for vaccination w/o their parent's consent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results