shape
carat
color
clarity

Uternity Band by Daniel K

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackcat

Rough_Rock
I love the look of the Daniel K Uternity band but don''t want to pay his prices. Can any jeweler make a similar setting? Can you recommend someone in the NYC area? Also, I been researching an assher cut eternity/uternity band. I am looking at ~ 7 tcw, 14 stones at ~.45ct each stone, G/H color, VS2. I have had prices as high as $60K (daniel K ring) to a low of $12K from someone in the diamond district. Why such a huge price swing. If I don''t go with a name brand like Daniel K, should I be able to purchase a ring like this on 47th Street in the $10K-$15K price range?

36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price will vary extremely depending on the quality of the stones and setting. Add a premium for a designer name. If I wanted one made, I''d call WhiteFlash. Kcoursolle recently had them make a U-prong wedding band (see link below). Obviously it could be made as an eternity or with other shape stones. But just realize that most women do not wear the same ring size for a lifetime, and eternity bands cannot be resized.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-5-stone-u-shaped-amazing-wedding-band.54795/

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 7:52:05 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The price will vary extremely depending on the quality of the stones and setting. Add a premium for a designer name. If I wanted one made, I'd call WhiteFlash. Kcoursolle recently had them make a U-prong wedding band (see link below). Obviously it could be made as an eternity or with other shape stones. But just realize that most women do not wear the same ring size for a lifetime, and eternity bands cannot be resized.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-5-stone-u-shaped-amazing-wedding-band.54795/
Thanks diamondseeker for chiming in about my five stone band. I just wanted to add that I am *very* happy with this ring. The workmanship and diamonds are beautiful and they nailed the design really well. I'm sure they could make a similar design for an eternity band, but you might want to keep in mind that for copyright purposes they might have to make it slightly differently while maintaining the same elements of the ring. I really wouldn't hesitate to work with them again and I found them to be reasonably priced with high quality stones and metal work.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure WF can create something similar for you. By law you can''t copy a designer piece but can come up with a designer inspired piece as long as the design is altered by 20%. So I''m sure you can get creative with the WF design team to accomplish this. Good luck, I love that look!!!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked very seriously into having a Daniel K-inspired uternity band made. In addition to WF, I found that Dimendscaasi.com and exceldiamonds.com both have very nice versions of this band, and both are well-priced. Excel had the lowest-priced uternity band (by a few hundred dollars), but I agree with the others that the amazing customer service experience at WF puts WF way over the edge! And their top-notch workmanship has been proven over and over again on this forum. It's still worth shopping around though, I also had positive experiences dealing with Dimendscaasi and Excel.

Just an unsolicited note on wearability: I tried on several uternities at local B&M stores and found that they were VERY uncomfortable as eternity bands. (I think KCoursolle was smart to get a blingy 5-stone uternity that LOOKS like an eternity but is much more comfortable to wear) The U design doesn't allow the diamonds to sit as low as they would in an open gallery basket-type setting. If you're looking at a 7 cttw uternity band, for sure that will be a heckuva chunk of ring/ice and may be pretty thick and uncomfy. I tried on 3 cttw bands and they were so thick that it was unbearable to wear. Totally bothered the neighboring fingers. Then again, a lot of people aren't bothered at all by thick rings so it's totally a personal preference. Good luck and let us know what you end up going with!!!
1.gif

blackcat

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their input I really appreciate it. I will let you all know what I decide. Does anyone have an opinion of what this ring should cost (7.0 tcw, each stone ~.40 ct, G/H color, VS quality).

Thank you to everyone

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 1:12:50 AM
Author: KristyDarling
I looked very seriously into having a Daniel K-inspired uternity band made. In addition to WF, I found that Dimendscaasi.com and exceldiamonds.com both have very nice versions of this band, and both are well-priced. Excel had the lowest-priced uternity band (by a few hundred dollars), but I agree with the others that the amazing customer service experience at WF puts WF way over the edge! And their top-notch workmanship has been proven over and over again on this forum. It''s still worth shopping around though, I also had positive experiences dealing with Dimendscaasi and Excel.

Just an unsolicited note on wearability: I tried on several uternities at local B&M stores and found that they were VERY uncomfortable as eternity bands. (I think KCoursolle was smart to get a blingy 5-stone uternity that LOOKS like an eternity but is much more comfortable to wear) The U design doesn''t allow the diamonds to sit as low as they would in an open gallery basket-type setting. If you''re looking at a 7 cttw uternity band, for sure that will be a heckuva chunk of ring/ice and may be pretty thick and uncomfy. I tried on 3 cttw bands and they were so thick that it was unbearable to wear. Totally bothered the neighboring fingers. Then again, a lot of people aren''t bothered at all by thick rings so it''s totally a personal preference. Good luck and let us know what you end up going with!!!
1.gif
Technically, you can have a U-shaped eternity band that sits low. I specifically asked for this with WF, and if you look at the pics of the inside of the ring you can see they have holes in the setting for the bottom of the pavillion and it sits very low on my finger. In general though, the pre-made bands seem to sit higher and have *taller* rather than *wider* shaped U''s if that makes any sense.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 6:13:08 PM
Author: blackcat
Thanks to everyone for their input I really appreciate it. I will let you all know what I decide. Does anyone have an opinion of what this ring should cost (7.0 tcw, each stone ~.40 ct, G/H color, VS quality).

Thank you to everyone
What size ring would you need? That would have some bearing on the # of stones and therefore the size of stones, therefore cost, etc.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2007 6:23:32 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Date: 1/6/2007 1:12:50 AM

Author: KristyDarling

Technically, you can have a U-shaped eternity band that sits low. I specifically asked for this with WF, and if you look at the pics of the inside of the ring you can see they have holes in the setting for the bottom of the pavillion and it sits very low on my finger. In general though, the pre-made bands seem to sit higher and have *taller* rather than *wider* shaped U''s if that makes any sense.

Yeah, my WF person told me the same thing about being able to set the stones in a uternity "lower," but they can be set *even lower* in an open gallery setting. That was the dealbreaker for me!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results