shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS .. terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

My first strand was mailed out on Tuesday via USPS. It went priority, insured. It''s supposed to take 2-3 business days. Their track and confirm site only says that on March 7th, the sender notified them to expect a package.

I called USPS yesterday because I didn''t understand why the status wasn''t changing as Elana had mailed it out on Tuesday. I was told that they made a misake and the package was never scanned into their system. But not to worry yet because once it hits the NY post office, it''ll get scanned and to check the site tomorrow for an update (it should have been in NY yesterday). After I spoke to USPS, I called Elana and she told me it happens all the time, not to be concerend yet and the package is insured. But this isn''t the first time USPS didn''t deliver a package to me so I am starting to worry.

So I just checked and the status is still the same, called them again and all they''re saying is it''s showing that they were told to expect a package for mailing on the 7th. The sender needs to prove it was mailed.. WHAT KIND OF IDIOCY IS THIS?? I asked them how do i know once i give them a package that it was in fact scanned into their system. The guy couldn''t answer me and said the sender needs to file a claim 21 days from the date of mailing and it would be handled by their claims department.
Anyway, not expecting the first strand now because I doubt it ever made it to ny. I mean c''mon, both places didn''t scan it? what are the chances.

Calling Elana this afternoon. I''m pretty disgusted over this whole thing.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ah gees elle - i''m so sorry!

this sort of thing is so discouraging - i''m keeping my fingers crossed, however, that it still turns up.

keep us informed...

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks whitby. Will definetly keep you guys updated.

USPS packages and mail are always delivered here by 2. I just called downstairs and my doorman said he''d notify me right away if i receive anything. Not holding my breath though.
7.gif

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Elle -

I can tell how frustrated you are, but your package really isn''t ''missing'' yet.

I frequently ship packages to clients using USPS priorty/insured/delivery confirmation, and I''ve seen this happen before. Funny, alot of problems with the postal service are location specific. For example, there are only 2 or 3 drop off areas where I''ll leave a package because I know they get scanned there. Way too many times my packages do not get scanned at the other locations, and although they get delivered on time, they never show up in the system. Additionally, there''s an area of FL where I will not ship using USPS, that locality cannot be trusted, too many packages have gone missing from there.

You may have better results going directly to your local post office, where your mail carrier works out of. I am assuming you are only calling the 800 number on the USPS website. If you inform your local office, they''ll watch for the package. If there''s any chance you can speak directly to your carrier, while they''re delivering your mail for example, do that.

If this isn''t the first time a package hasn''t been delivered to you, chances are the problem is local. It may have been delivered to the wrong post office, for example, in which case it''ll take a couple more days to get to you.

If it was truely shipped on Tuesday, 3 full business days means that today, Friday, is day 3. If you don''t receive your package by Tues or Wed., then notify the shipper.

julie.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
oh gosh Elle, hope it turns up in today''s mail.

Please keep us posted, your strands are so exceptionally unique and beautiful.

I also had trouble with the Click N Ship website - couldn''t seem to get information- so emailed E and she said it was mailed very early Saturday morning, priority USPS and it arrived Monday the 8th, very fast, but they got the order off a bit late cause so busy stringing away.

What time does your mail arrive? hoping for the best. Give it till Monday before you stress to much.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 9:32:55 AM
Author: pearlie
Hi Elle -

I can tell how frustrated you are, but your package really isn''t ''missing'' yet.

I frequently ship packages to clients using USPS priorty/insured/delivery confirmation, and I''ve seen this happen before. Funny, alot of problems with the postal service are location specific. For example, there are only 2 or 3 drop off areas where I''ll leave a package because I know they get scanned there. Way too many times my packages do not get scanned at the other locations, and although they get delivered on time, they never show up in the system. Additionally, there''s an area of FL where I will not ship using USPS, that locality cannot be trusted, too many packages have gone missing from there.

You may have better results going directly to your local post office, where your mail carrier works out of. I am assuming you are only calling the 800 number on the USPS website. If you inform your local office, they''ll watch for the package. If there''s any chance you can speak directly to your carrier, while they''re delivering your mail for example, do that.

If this isn''t the first time a package hasn''t been delivered to you, chances are the problem is local. It may have been delivered to the wrong post office, for example, in which case it''ll take a couple more days to get to you.

If it was truely shipped on Tuesday, 3 full business days means that today, Friday, is day 3. If you don''t receive your package by Tues or Wed., then notify the shipper.

julie.

Julie''s right Elle, Tues or Wed is a better timeframe.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Swedish and Garden.

Garden- We get the mail by 2.

Pearlie- The other package I never received was stolen when it arrived at the wrong post office. The office that services my area is pretty good. But they''re huge and deal with alot of commercial mail (it''s downtown manhattan). There''s no one there to really give personal service, or who would lookout for a package.

I guess it doesn''t really matter when I contact the seller as claims can''t be filed until the 21st day after the mailing. I''m just frustrated by this whole thing. I mean is it really so hard to scan a package?? Doesn''t anyone check??

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
The problem for all of us when something like this happens, is that we''ve paid for a service we didn''t get.

In Elle''s case, track and confirm.

If the package doesn''t arrive today, try to speak with the carrier. You''ll be surprised how much they can help, sometimes.

best wishes

julie.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Elle.... as much as I have had "nightmares" with the postal system.........don''t give up just yet. I know that USPS is known for not updating the tracking on the website, even if it is scanned in. I do hope you get it today. I hate the thought of having to go through the whole claim process...but since you are not the sender, Usually the sender will refund your money and they have to file a claim since it originated on their end. I had a little confusion with my package being shipped by Elana too...but I did get it the very day after I sent Elana an email with my concerns. (that always happens!!) Even though it was not her fault by any means, she was sweet enough to refund my shipping. YOU WILL GET IT!!! I am going to think positive that you will! Sending some good vibes...
21.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 9:49:16 AM
Author: elle_chris

Thanks Swedish and Garden.

Garden- We get the mail by 2.

Pearlie- The other package I never received was stolen when it arrived at the wrong post office. The office that services my area is pretty good. But they're huge and deal with alot of commercial mail (it's downtown manhattan). There's no one there to really give personal service, or who would lookout for a package.

I guess it doesn't really matter when I contact the seller as claims can't be filed until the 21st day after the mailing. I'm just frustrated by this whole thing. I mean is it really so hard to scan a package?? Doesn't anyone check??

I know that area well Elle, used to live down there. Major mail hub, but the post office was always responsive and helpful when we went over.

Once again I agree with Pearlie, your mail carrier can be very helpful. Go down today and let him know your expecting a package. We'd always give our carrier a heads up if something was coming - he'd look out for our packages. It had a very small town community vibe, and I really believe he was helpful with any mail mix ups.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks CCN, hoping for the best.. I need to be more optimistic.

Julie- thanks, and yes the problem is paying for a service and not getting it. Ahh well.. will see what happens.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Ugh thats awful! Any news?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
hey innerkitten- nope, not yet.

Garden- I was thinking of going downstairs to wait for her, but I feel kind of silly hanging around the lobby fo a few a hours..lol.. then again, couldn''t hurt.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Wish I was still in the hood, I''d join you on the lobby stakeout, LOL

I have a good feeling a package is on the way to you!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
That''s right Garden, you lived here!!

So good news (and note to myself not to go into panic mode so easily), the strand got here!! YAAAY.. still doesn''t change that I hate the post office. I decided that for future shipments, I''m going to request Fed Ex if the company has an account. If not, USPS registered. I''m totally neurotic after my last delivery was stolen. So yeah, I''m jaded.

Ok, so here''s one pic. The weather''s terrible. Rain, clouds, grey skies and my windows all face north so I can''t get good light. But the strand is lovely and I think it looks great with my PP baroques. The pic is of the two together.
When I get my other strand, (which was mailed out I believe yesterday, and no notification from the post office so no tracking number.. surprise huh) I''ll do a proper photo shoot.

Thanks guys for letting me vent. Your posts actually calmed me down.
1.gif

ffandppstrand.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOOOT! I am so thrilled to see this ended with a great ending! I would have marched over to the USPS myself and went off on them for you if it didn''t!!!
3.gif

OMY OMY OMY!! More pics............start another thread!! It is flippin'' gorgeous and looks lovely with the PP strand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks CCN. I do love it. It''s been a crazy morning for sure. First USPS, then i forgot about a meeting I had (my cell died so no alarm to remind me), ran out, got soaked because I forgot my umbrella. But came home to a beautiful strand.
In the end, i''m a happy camper. lol..

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
Nice colors!

That center one looks rather ''teal-ish'', is it?

Just for future reference, for anyone who''s package has gone walkabout, although the party line at the post office is "21 days before we can initiate a search", that''s not true. I recently had a search done, and it was less than 2 weeks since the date of shipping. The search has to be initiated at the shippers end.

I''m so happy for you. Betcha you''ve got a huge pearlie smile on your face right now!

julie.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Swedish and Pearlie.

Pearlie- the center pearl is teal-sih.. You are correct
1.gif

I''m pretty sure the strand was knotted in a slightly different combo than the original picture from FF. But it seems to work against my skin tone so can''t complain
9.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy for you Elle, been checking in every hour after 2 p.m. waiting for the joyous photo shoot! I had such a strong feeling later into the day that your package was on the way

The strand looks gorgeous and I love it with your other baroque strand. Looks great on you.

Yes, some of the private carriers have great tracking services, I love being able to track a package- but priority mail delivers on schedule, so I''d go this route again if I order from FF. Now for strand 2, and the big photo shoot!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank you GG.
9.gif

I''ve already snapped like 20 pics of the two together lol.. as it gets darker, the luster becomes more pronounced. At least in the mirror and the pics. Strange.

btw- elana emailed me and said it showed "delivered" on her end. On mine, the Click-n-Ship email I received still shows the "march 7th blah blah blah" status. I wonder what she''s looking at?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful new strand!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
The story ends well. Congrats Elle. Wear them in good health. Please post more pics.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Maevie and HHPmom.
1.gif

I will definitely post more pics. Just waiting for the other strand to come so i can do it in one shot.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I had that happen w/ my USPS package from FF too- no scanning at point of origin. I suspect as pearlie said, it''s a problem with Elana''s local office, that they don''t scan stuff.

For example my local PO is sheer evil w/ 1st class mail. I used to send makeup to people first class but so dang many packages went missing I had to go to priority only- they''re pretty good with priority. But first class I swear they just throw in the trash or something. And stuff gets returned to me first class constantly with no reason- perfectly stamped, weighed right, addressed right... but it boomerangs. It''s very irritating.

I am so glad your strand came! It is just lovely, especially with your whole collection.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results