shape
carat
color
clarity

Using GemCare....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

readytobuy

Rough_Rock
This may be a silly question...after reading the reviews of GemCare on this forum, I ordered some from Amazon. What I got in the mail was an empty plastic container and the refill packet. I am not sure how to use it! Once I fill the container with the refill and water, how long is it good for? Do you continue using the same solution to soak your ring until it all evaporates? What do you dry your diamond with afterwards?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 9:42:22 AM
Author:readytobuy
This may be a silly question...after reading the reviews of GemCare on this forum, I ordered some from Amazon. What I got in the mail was an empty plastic container and the refill packet. I am not sure how to use it! Once I fill the container with the refill and water, how long is it good for? Do you continue using the same solution to soak your ring until it all evaporates? What do you dry your diamond with afterwards?
The solution should be good for some time if you keep it covered and clean.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got 2 refills for mine. I go by how soon it looks too grungy to use.
14.gif
Mine has held out for a year, but only because I can''t buy it locally and I simply put off reordering it. I suppose you could use distilled water to mix it, don''t know if that would make it last longer, but it wouldn''t have the minerals that tap water usually has. I''d say it''s good for 6 months of daily use, so YMMV. I do use mine every day.
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used distilled water in mine per the instructions that came with the package. I''ve had the same little pot for, I don''t know, 6 months? It still looks clear to me. But my rings don''t get very dirty because I remove them for things like washing dishes and applying lotion, etc.

I usually soak for a few minutes (2-4 or so) and the scrub a tiny bit with a very soft children''s toothbrush.

I don''t usually dry my rings, just clean them and put them back on wet, maybe shake my hands a bit or blow on the profile of the ring. Sometimes I''ll use my hairdryer on the cool setting. I''ve seen people recommend on here to use a soft lint-free cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results