shape
carat
color
clarity

USGL Official Gem ID card

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chelsey

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have experience/reviews on the company called USGL. USGL was supposedly made for the jewelry industry. Here is their website.
http://www.usgl.us/pages/1/index.htm

I was interested in buying a ring from a auction house that uses USGL for evaluations.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28258&item=2260495498

At this website one can find references to USGL -
"For more information on Gemological Reports and jewelry grading, please click here: USGL and EGL websites. Please understand that professional opinions and values can vary"

I have not found anyone else using USGL for evaluations/appraisals.

Appreciate your input thanks!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
chelsey,

That's an interesting document. It's a pretty picture. It's small and therefore won't waste much space in the landfill. Very environmentally responsible.

I was getting all ready to be insulted by their appraisal methodology but I'm actually ok with it since they don't call it an appraisal. I don't actually see any useful information on it at all. I'll just concentrate on the picture. Very nicely done.

I notice that the item actually sold for just under 4% of their presale estimate. I guess this means that they estimated a little high. Since the seller currently has 1200 items for sale, and most if not all are apparently accompanied by a similar report, I have to believe that they are happy with the quality of them. It does makes me wonder what they mean by "made for the jewelry industry".

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver
www.gemlab.us

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Is it me or does the main picture look a bit "fake"?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
wonka27,

Are you suggesting that I shouldn't even be saying nice things about the pictures? My Mom always told me that I should say something nice. What about the little plastic card? Surely it's biodegradable.

Neil Beaty GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Denverappraiser -

I'm sure that card is only "degradable" in ACID.

I think I may go into the business of faceting marbles and then giving them a resale value from Wonka Gem Labs for $10,000.

But I admire your professionalism in being nice about this item
11.gif

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Picture looks fake to me.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A worthless plastic document. One to be disregarded. There is nothing nice to be said.

ILOVEGEMS

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I sent a ring of mine to them to be evaluated and they did a great job. Very professional. I recommened them. Ask for Jennifer. She is very helpful. Their e-mail address is [email protected] Thanks!

Janet

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
These plastic cards are no big deal, The machines to make them are readily available, A number of reputable organizations, like EGL, GemScan and GCAL use them.

Don’t know the company USGL though, and cant seem to find any reference to the Appraisers qualifications or affiliations, maybe I didn’t look properly.

Chelsea perhaps you should e-mail them and ask them. Their qualifications are more important than the card.

Johan

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Richard, the GOOD, GOOD description was invented by the same guy that tried to set you up with his ugly cousin in college. She's nice, likes to dance, and types well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results