shape
carat
color
clarity

Used Tacori??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a great diamond and setting. Whether or not it's a deal, I don't know. It probably is if you're talking retail store pricing. If it were me and I lived near the seller, I would want to meet the seller at a jewelry appraiser's office and do the exchange there. If not, you could always use www.escrow.com to conduct the transaction for you. You can stipulate the terms of the transaction, like having a couple of days to have it appraised, etc.

Make sure you are getting a good deal, though. Below are some links to a couple of princess cut diamonds at GoodOldGold.com:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4197/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2891/

Then, you might want to get a current price on the setting, if you can figure out the Tacori style number. If you Google Tacori and visit the online dealers that carry their line, you can probably find the style number. Once you know the style number, you could check with Collections for a current price: 1-800-779-3207 (that is where I got my Tacori wedding set--good experience) and comparison shop with the other online dealers.

I hope this helps. My feeling is that with a big purchase like that, even if it seems like a deal, if it's not exactly what you want, it's not a deal. I think that is a fellow Pricescoper's motto at the bottom of all her posts (Mrs. Salvo, maybe?).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, it isn't a great deal at all because the person probably grossly overpaid for the diamond. Sorry.
7.gif

I would think you could buy it brand spanking new for pretty close to $8500 if you stuck with PS vendors.

I could be wrong of course if I am grossly underestimating the cost of this tacori. But my girlfriend just bought a pretty intricate tacori setting for about $3000. So I am basing my guess on that.

ETA: Also if you are just looking for something that is a tacori and not necessarily THAT RING, Overstock.com actually sells many authentic Tacori rings. They come with CZ's too so you can choose your own gorgeous diamond to set in it.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
I knew I found the perfect forum when found this one. I would have thought that is a great deal , but I think after listening to the responses so far that there are better deals found by utilizing this forum. Thanks much

I''m still looking for a great Tacori setting and diamond obviously. Where did she find her setting if you dont mind me asking?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 11:45:34 AM
Author: Marley2984
I knew I found the perfect forum when found this one. I would have thought that is a great deal , but I think after listening to the responses so far that there are better deals found by utilizing this forum. Thanks much

I''m still looking for a great Tacori setting and diamond obviously. Where did she find her setting if you dont mind me asking?

She bought it through Mark at Engagement Rings Direct who was able to get it for her. Her diamond came from Whiteflash.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 11:30:20 AM
Author: Marley2984

I could be wrong of course if I am grossly underestimating the cost of this tacori. But my girlfriend just bought a pretty intricate tacori setting for about $3000. So I am basing my guess on that.

Neatfreak: Also if you are just looking for something that is a tacori and not necessarily THAT RING, Overstock.com actually sells many authentic Tacori rings. They come with CZ''s too so you can choose your own gorgeous diamond to set in it.

First off, the ring pictured in the advertisement is Tacori style #HT2259 PR which currently sells NEW for $6,230.00 in platinum and $4,470.00 in 18k white gold with the Tacori lifetime warranty – which is non-transferable so the used ring would not necessarily be covered by the lifetime warranty, nor the free sizing option which is definitely something to keep in mind since tiny diamonds are held in by tiny prongs which can fall out from time to time and people’s ring size can change over time.

Note: each crescent / diamond section on the side of the ring is equivalent to one finger size and Tacori can size such rings up in increments of one finger size without affecting the pattern of the ring. The rings can be sized up in half sizes, however a break in the pattern will be created near the bottom of the ring since the crescent pattern is designed in full sizes…

It is kind of amusing to me that the seller bothered to black out the lab report number at the top of the Duplicate Copy posted for the AGS lab report, but did not bother to black out the reference to the inscription under the Comments section which discloses the AGS lab report number. Doh!

It is important to note that the format of the AGS lab report is based on the old cut grade criteria which only takes polish, symmetry and proportions into account despite the fact that it was issued in 2006. The new criteria for the AGS Ideal 0 cut grade system went into effect June 01, 2005 and includes a rating for Visual Performance. The old report format was offered by the AGSL in conjunction with the new report format through 2006, however in my experience the cutters we work with only seemed to order the old report format when the diamond did not qualify for the zero visual performance rating… Since the seller forgot to black out the reference to the lab report number (inscription) I suppose that somebody might be able to ascertain whether the diamond qualified for the zero visual performance rating because the AGS did keep this information on file.

Why, Oh Why, does the scan for the Gem Ex Brilliance Scope for this diamond exhibit three red bars in the medium range for Brilliance, Dispersion and Scintillation and also exhibit three blue bars in the very high range? We have a Gem Ex on the premises and we never get scans that show results in two sections for all three categories. Is this supposed to show where most princess cut diamonds “score” and where this one does? It’s unclear to me.

Overstock: I really wish that Tacori had not decided to sell their overstock and discontinued ring styles via this venue because it has proven to be a point of confusion for many of our customers. The key concept with regards to availability is in the name, it’s "Overstock" and thus the only Tacori items which tend to be available via this venue are those which have been discontinued for several years and which were pulled from the cases of sales people and/or traded in by authorized Tacori retailers towards newer designs which are currently featured as part of the Tacori collection. Thus as indicated, not all Tacori designs will be available on OS, in fact, most of the Tacori collection will not be. Practically all store stock is purchased from Tacori in size 6.5 which will work out for a small percentage of the population, however most of the rings have been set with a CZ center stone and this can lead to problems because the girdle thickness of a CZ tends to be thicker than the girdle thickness found on a well cut diamond and thus the diamond may not properly seat in the setting and will loosen easily. For this reason, we have always ordered our store stock with the CZ simply snugged within the prongs and not actually set so that a seat for the CZ has not been cut into the prongs and it is possible to properly set a diamond in the rings and obtain a secure fit.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
WOW...are you kidding me??!! What a response!! :) That is ridiculous...... by ridiculous of course I mean outstanding. This forum never ceases to amaze me. The knowledge brought to the table is second to none. I''ll be watching and hunting for the best Tacori setting/diamond deal utilizing you all and the forum.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Marley, I still stand behind my combination of GoodOldGold.com for a diamond and Collections for a Tacori setting. I would deal with both of these again in a heartbeat! Good luck in your hunt!

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
Great thanks for the imput. What is Collections though?

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Collections is a brick and mortar jewelry store in Saginaw, Texas, but they offer very good pricing. I was just thinking you could price them out if you knew which Tacori you wanted. I am sure you could order and have it shipped. It would be no different from ordering from an online jewelry site like Blue Nile or Good Old Gold. I just know that I got my Tacori set for an excellent price than what I had seen at Bailey Banks and Biddle and the like. I think I gave the phone number for Collections above.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results