shape
carat
color
clarity

USA to AUS shipping insurance advice

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Hi All
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on shipping insurance from the US to Australia?

My wonderful ring from CVB is ready, however Fedex won't cover anything for more than $5,000, and my home and contents won't cover it until it's in our possession.

We would like to cover it for the full amount but are struggling to find an independent and reliable provider.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry but doesn't CVB know? She ships high ticketed items often as that is part of her business. I would use whatever carrier she is comfortable using

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Sorry but doesn't CVB know? She ships high ticketed items often as that is part of her business. I would use whatever carrier she is comfortable using

She uses Fedex however they won't cover more than $5,000 to Australia :( I am looking into what other vendors do too, just in case they can offer any insight.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She uses Fedex however they won't cover more than $5,000 to Australia :( I am looking into what other vendors do too, just in case they can offer any insight.
Have you tried DHL?
I am surprised she doesn't have a recommendation as she must have shipped to Australia before

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried DHL?
I am surprised she doesn't have a recommendation as she must have shipped to Australia before

I believe it's her insurance company that she's having issues with. Whenever she enters an Australian address, a banner pops up and reverts the amount to $4999.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I got packages sent from the US but never declared/insured the full amount as I didn't want to pay extra taxes on it. I think DHL might be an option?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
There used to be a company called shipsurance where you could buy additional insurance.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all, we got it sorted. There are some new regulations which threw the regular shipment process out the window. My new piece is safely on the way :)
I got packages sent from the US but never declared/insured the full amount as I didn't want to pay extra taxes on it. I think DHL might be an option?

You're ballsier than me! I can't risk not having this covered if it goes missing.
ab0e0daf-51b1-4df2-baf3-3255437e4485.JPG

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all, we got it sorted. There are some new regulations which threw the regular shipment process out the window. My new piece is safely on the way :)

You're ballsier than me! I can't risk not having this covered if it goes missing.
ab0e0daf-51b1-4df2-baf3-3255437e4485.JPG

I know!! I have a ring coming and I think taxes would be around 6k sigh. How did you end up getting around it?

I can't wait till you get your CVB piece. It's beautiful! Look at those French cut side stones!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a friendly note from a long time member here,
This is not the place to discuss tax evasion and import/export fraud.
a: its against the rules
b: you never know who is reading here and your registration information and IP address can be retrieved by law enforcement with a warrant.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
I know!! I have a ring coming and I think taxes would be around 6k sigh. How did you end up getting around it?

I can't wait till you get your CVB piece. It's beautiful! Look at those French cut side stones!

I didn't get around it. We have it insured for full cost, but there were a few issues with Caysie's insurance company and fedex which have changed since she last posted to Aus.

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
Just a friendly note from a long time member here,
This is not the place to discuss tax evasion and import/export fraud.
a: its against the rules
b: you never know who is reading here and your registration information and IP address can be retrieved by law enforcement with a warrant.

Totally agree Karl. I'd rather pay the full whack on import than face issues and possible fines. Especially in Aus where they're very strict about it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results