• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure, but wouldn’t trust them

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

SuziDreams

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

Could people please share their experiences with this company and post actual diamonds/rings that they received?

Seeing mixed reviews going back 10+ years, lots of comments about outdated website/difficulty getting in touch/potentially fake reviews etc These aren’t big issues (other than being fake) if they actually deliver on price and are a legitimate business just running things on the cheap. Happy to support. It’s just that there are a lot of first time posters writing positive testimonials.

Am also interested in hearing from those outside of US/Canada if possible. Any issues shipping to Europe or any other part of the world?

Thank you!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, USA Certified Diamonds is a sponsor on pricescope. I have heard the best way to get in touch with Martin is to call him.

His prices are great, but he has no trade in policy and apparently limited styles of rings if you want him to make the ring.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't purchased from Martin but have emailed with him when searching for a stone and he seems totally legit. I would consider him a diamond broker, he can help you get a stone with less of a markup than you would pay a full-service retailer, but you don't get the return/trade-in/etc policies. I'm guessing he may encourage those who had a good experience to write about it on PriceScope because I see those reviews popping up now and then also.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen Martin post here, and others rave about him. I have no personal experiences either way.

I understand your concern. His website looks like it's from 1980, and the best I can tell he deals a lot in virtual inventory similar to BN or similar. I would agree with @bludiva in that he seems more like a broker than a true retailer. Depending on your wants & needs this can be a positive or perk. Usually it means you can get a lower cost, at the expense of full service.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely legit. but as others have said, not as "full service" as other vendors.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
100% legit. Martin Sheffield has been around forever and is well known in the community. He provides a very useful service which is the lowest possible markup on any nonreserved/non in house wholesale stone.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earth shattering news!!!!! My new website should be up and running first week in September.
Thanks everyone.
Martin Sheffield

I am glad to hear this. Congrats! :cool2:

Not sure how many visitors you get now, but once the news spreads I am sure you will get harder than normal by PS'ers checking out the update. Might let your web host know so he can allocate more bandwidth and it doesn't cause you any problems.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Earth shattering news!!!!! My new website should be up and running first week in September.
Thanks everyone.
Martin Sheffield
I hope it works well for you MARTIN. btw folks, we only met once, in I think 2000, or 2001 was it Martin?

igs

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Garry. Yes we met in 2000 or 2001. It was you, Leonid Tcharnyi (the original owner of Pricescope) and myself. We met at Yummy's café at the corner of Bathurst and New Westminster in Thornhill, Ontario. We had a great conversation about everything. Andre' has done an amazing job continuing on where Leonid left off, and Garry, congratulations on your HCA work. When you first started the HCA concept I immediately knew that it had great potential and have been a staunch supporter of it from Day one.
Wow...…..we're all getting older, aren't we??????
I want everyone to know that Pricescope is a true blessing for any consumer interested in purchasing a diamond and people like Andre' and Gary are solid anchors and are amazing dedicated diamond people.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three cheers all round.
Pricescope is a fabulous forum especially in that we, the ordinary person, can get insight, advice and support not only from other very knowledge and experienced consumers but the Trade as well.
It is a very respectful site, Trade contributers acknowledge their business interest yet remain supportive and unbiased of other Trade people.
I think it’s because everyone has the same, honest and straightforward agenda - educate and enable everyone to have access to beautiful, well priced gems that suit their needs / requirements.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Garry. Yes we met in 2000 or 2001. It was you, Leonid Tcharnyi (the original owner of Pricescope) and myself. We met at Yummy's café at the corner of Bathurst and New Westminster in Thornhill, Ontario. We had a great conversation about everything. Andre' has done an amazing job continuing on where Leonid left off, and Garry, congratulations on your HCA work. When you first started the HCA concept I immediately knew that it had great potential and have been a staunch supporter of it from Day one.
Wow...…..we're all getting older, aren't we??????
I want everyone to know that Pricescope is a true blessing for any consumer interested in purchasing a diamond and people like Andre' and Gary are solid anchors and are amazing dedicated diamond people.
:clap::dance: As long as our wisdom keeps up with age it's all good Martin

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do agree that the vendor is reputable, but as a member here for 12 years, there have been few reviews. So you may need to just google reviews from other sources.

SuziDreams

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies. I’ll wait until the new website goes live.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results