shape
carat
color
clarity

US vs. Canada Diamond Purchase??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biscuit

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

First time posting...I'm just beginning the search for an engagement ring, and I have to say that I would be lost without this site!!! Thanks to all involved! Quick question: I'm wondering where I might get the best bang for my buck...the US or Canada??? I'm currently studying in Vancouver, BC but home base is upstate NY. I've seen a few of the same rocks listed by internet dealers on both sides of the border, and it seems like they charge more north of the border. Does anyone know if this is generally true, and if it is, why is that the case?

Thanks in advance!!
:praise:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Biscui, :)

Most of the diamonds listed in the web are from the US suppliers.

No matter who will be your broker, you have to pay excise tax + GST + PST when importing into Canada.

biscuit

Rough_Rock
Hi Leonid!:))

Thanks for the quick reply! I've got a few follow up questions...do you know of any Canadian Internet Diamond Dealers who import directly into Canada? I saw that USA Certed is based in Ontario but their wholesaler is in NY...I wonder if they'd hit me with the taxes also if they were to ship to Vancouver?

I do live 40 min from the west coast US/CN border...I suppose I could always ship to a PO Box down there? What taxes would an internet-bought diamond have on it that was shipped to a US address?

Thanks again!!!:praise:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
When a diamond is shipped from another state within US there is no tax.

You can get it shipped to the nearest US FedEx station.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results