shape
carat
color
clarity

US election, xchange rates and diamond prices...

Shiny_Rock
Hi PS,

I know no one has a crystal ball but I'm wondering if anyone has any comments?

I can't speak for everyone only my own observations...and I know nothing about US politics. However, what I can see is that the Australian Dollar versus the US has been very strong the last year or so. In Australia as consumers we pay much more than we need to comparatively, so people do go online or elsewhere to make pretty good savings. Going to the US with Australian dollars things are cheaper (at the moment) as pricing in America versus the exchange rate works in favour the AUS$.

I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether the US upcoming US elections will strengthen the American dollar, is it something that has happened in the past?

As said I know nothing about US politics and also would not even want to attempt to be an economists. My questions is from a very shallow perspective, ummmmm simply should I buy more things at the moment???

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The strength of the American dollar has more to do with how badly the rest of the world is doing, and not that much do with the domestic economy. I don't expect much to change after the election, unless Wall Street does not like the elected president.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results