shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgently Seeking Feedback on Cushion Halo Please! ERD.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1307524381|2940562 said:
I think curved struts look a lot better in a halo ... but I guess that's me. I am also really baffled by why the melee are so small in the CAD.

I also prefer the curved struts. I think that is just the way ERD does CADs (with the small melee?)

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm no pave expert but it looks beautiful!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am curious as to the metal gap on the struts.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they did a great job! It is gorgeous!!! :love: :appl:

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous, she will love it :love:

p2aTHX

Rough_Rock
Received the ring! I was nervous but I really think they did a fabulous job. Half the details that are being picked at on the forums are invisible to the naked eye. The amount of metal is pretty minimal, and what I love about the ring is how "thick" the diamond looks - it comes way above the halo!

The only thing I can pick at is that there are only 2 melee on the struts rather than the 3 show in the CAD. I dont think I mind too much though, as a more secure strut gives me piece of mind.

comments?? Sorry for the terrible photos - I was in my car and I don't have my macro lens!

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

ER Cushion 034.jpg

ER Cushion 024.jpg

p2aTHX

Rough_Rock
More photos. Please let me know your honest opinions! I love the ring - maybe the scoops could be a bit deeper, but other than that, especially from eye level without magnification, the rock looks perfect.

ER Cushion 013.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
They did an excellent job on your ring and the only thing I picked on is the 2 melee as well (noted above). Your ring has less metal than usual from what I see out of ERD. Good job.

Side note .. what you think is invisible could be highly visible to someone else. We all have different tolerances.

p2aTHX

Rough_Rock
Thanks CharmyPoo for the advice and guidance. I stand corrected - invisible to *my* naked eye. I know it's all about the details, but I'm very impressed by how the ring turned out. I tried looking at various angles and I did not see some of the metal issues found in some of the other threads.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I should add .. I really like that diamond!! So when is the big proposal date?

p2aTHX

Rough_Rock
Going all over Europe in the next month...Trying to find an ideal time then.

On a separate note (maybe for another thread), does anyone know how I can insure the ring by itself if I am living overseas? (I'm moving to asia in a few months).

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the ring turned out beautifully!! I really love the diamond too.

as for insurance, I'm not sure. I'd probably get a stand alone policy with jewelers mutual.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring - I think you did a wonderful job!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that came out great! I have major ring envy right now! Can't wait to get m
ine, lol!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I think it turned out gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: Your diamond is just beautiful and they did a perfect job with that setting!!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is beautiful.... I love how it looks.. she will be blown away!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results