shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent worry!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

worrygal

Rough_Rock
Dear Friends,

I have just bought my 1st diamond and I dunno if I have been cheated by the salesperson.

She pursuades me to buy a 0.90 carat J colour diamond with GIA cert, 3 excellent but it is strong blue floures.

When I look at the diamond and compare with D / E diamond, the one I bought is just even more colourless.

She claims this is the combination effect of J colour and the strong blue.

Does it make sense? Would it be rather expensive if it costs me ~USD4.2K?

Hope you can answer me!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't panic, it is really difficult for us to know what you are seeing, so I would recommend you take the diamond to an independant appraiser so that they can give you a professional opinion, here is a an appraiser's listing so you can find one in your area. I don't know what to say that you notice the J colour is as colourless as your D and E's, I take it the comparison diamonds are GIA graded? If I am understanding correctly I don't think fluorescence can help a J colour look the same or ' better' than a colourless diamond. An appraiser will be able to give you concrete advice on examining the diamond.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
may I ask - Is it returnable?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Please don't fret just because of the combo of J color and strong blue fluorescence! Many here have the opinion that blue fluorescence is wonderful in the I/J/K stones, making them face up much whiter than their counterparts without fluor. And it makes them much less expensive too. A win/win situation!

I happen to LOVE fluorescence in my slightly warm diamonds! My original stone was an I with strong and it is a gorgeous stone!!! Do some searches (search box is in upper right hand of screen) for fluorescence and you'll get lots of hits.

Now, the price is something else entirely. I did a search for comparable stones, .90 J VS2-SI1 GIA cert, and the results showed with strong blue fluoro prices being around $2200. So, you paid quite a high price for your stone.

However, we're glad you're here and welcome to Pricescope! And "no worries, man!"

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I have a stong blue fluour..H color stone and my stone is so WHITE ( no hint of any color at all). I think it has to do with the Fluour but I could be mistaken. The fluour. stones give you a bigger bang for your buck if you like them (as I did)

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
sounds like a nice stone but extremely overpriced

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Keep in mind the cut also has something to do with the color. If it is better cut than the lighter colors you are comparing it to, then it might appear more colorless.

However, that being said, the price is high for a J with fluro in my opinion.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
My H/I stone with sbf faces up very white. When compared with my daughter''s D colored stone, they look about the same color. From the side you can see a bit of faint yellow if you are really looking for it, but that''s all. And I love the fluorescence!
30.gif
30.gif

worrygal

Rough_Rock
I am very touched that all of you are so helpful giving me a response in such a short period of time.

I have asked two small shops for sale of that diamond. One said ok for $1.4k. Another one said "No. It cannot be sold for money. but you can exchange it with other jade / gems in the shop".

Both of them can tell it is a strong blue diamond. One even advises me not to buy another strong blue next time as it is hard for them to sell...

At last, I have decided to return to the original shop with 20% off.

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Fluor can help with diamonds in the near colorless grade -- as long as it does not cause a milky look to the stone (which can happen with fluor).

I’m glad everything worked out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results