shape
carat
color
clarity

URGENT: Need help choosing between these 3 w/IS Images

yeahno

Rough_Rock
My apologies for the rush, but I have these 3 round cuts on hold for the next 24 hours. I could really use some of that great insight that the experts have shared with other new Pricescope members.

I'm picking out an engagement ring and was planning on going with this setting from JA. Please note the side stones have been given an average rating of G-H and VS2-SI1.

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/channel-set/14k-white-gold-thin-channel-set-round-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring-item-19

Now for my real question, which would you choose between the following three eye-clean stones (Ranked in order of my preference)?

1) 0.90 Carat F-SI1 Excellent Cut Round Diamond, HCA: 0.7

2) 0.90 Carat G-VS2 Excellent Cut Round Diamond, HCA: 0.8

3) 0.90 Carat F-SI1 Excellent Cut Round Diamond, HCA: 1.8

After receiving the IS images, I'm definitely eliminating #3 above based on the leakage I see around the girdle. However, I would like to hear other expert opinions on the first two. Should I be concerned with the other dark areas next to the arrows in the IS images for #1 or #2? Does the lack of symmetry in #1 (varying length of the arrows) make #2 a better choice? Or should the low HCA scores make up for these imperfections/lack of symmetry, at least in terms of what can be seen with the naked eye? I'll post the GIA certs and face up images separately due to the attachment limit.

At the end of the day I would just feel better if someone with more experience gave me the thumbs up on one over the other. Any help would be appreciated.

1st_choice_-_is_image.jpg

2nd_choice_-_is_image.jpg

3rd_choice_-_is_image.jpg

yeahno

Rough_Rock
GIA Certs:

1st_choice_-_gia2.png

2nd_choice_-_gia2.jpg

3rd_choice_-_gia2.jpg

yeahno

Rough_Rock
Face Up Images:

1st_choice_-_face_up.jpg

2nd_choice_-_face_up.jpg

3rd_choice_-_face_up.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are both 1 and 2 with the same vendor? I would ask their gemologist to look at them and tell you what they see. Which one
has better sparkle, fire etc. Both eye-clean?

yeahno

Rough_Rock
Wow, greatly appreciate that prompt reply TyTy.

Yes, they're all from JA and here's what the Gemologist said:

"A gorgeous, eye clean diamond. It is a true “F” color that faces up a nice white. This diamond has excellent brilliance and fire that is very well balanced throughout, making this diamond the best performer of the set. "

"A beautiful diamond as well. It has excellent brilliance and fire that spreads evenly throughout, though our gemologist thought that [#1] was slightly more balanced. This diamond is a true “G” color that will face up white and is eye clean. "

"Another great, eye clean choice is [#3]. It faces up a nice white and is a true “F” color. This diamond has great brilliance and fire throughout as well. Though our gemologist documented that both diamonds [#1] and [#2] performed just slightly better."

Again, I'm looking for second opinions here or any other additional insight that can be shared.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely not #3. Between #1 and #2, I don't think one will really outperform the other. But looking at the IS images, without getting too technical, I believe #1 will give off more scintillation, ie "sparkle, and #2, boarder flashes. It's really a matter of preference.

Here is a link in case you do want to get technical :
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thin-arrows-vs-thick-arrows-where-is-it.119660/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thin-arrows-vs-thick-arrows-where-is-it.119660/[/URL]

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gemologist has them there and can move them and see how they react under light. We only get a static shot of them
and an idealscope, which helps, but if you have someone who can see them in person and play with them then you are able
to get a better feel for the stones.

For me it was a toss-up between 1 and 2 but now the obvious answer is 1. You narrowed it down to 3 stones very nicely. Good
job. What setting are you going with? We would love to see pics of the finished ring when you get it.

yeahno

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1447765657|3950704 said:
You narrowed it down to 3 stones very nicely. Good
job. What setting are you going with? We would love to see pics of the finished ring when you get it.

Here's the setting I was planning on getting:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/channel-set/14k-white-gold-thin-channel-set-round-shaped-diamond-engagement-ring-item-19

Sure, I'd love to share photos of the finished product

tyty333|1447765657|3950704 said:
You narrowed it down to 3 stones very nicely. Good
job.

Greatly appreciated. - Exactly the input I was looking for. Not being an expert with IS images, I wasn't sure if there was anything to be concerned about with #1 or #2 (i.e., if I had come up with 3 duds I'd want someone to knock some sense in to me).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results