shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent help needed - B&M 2nd stuff up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
I posted a week or so back about my half eternity ring which had a 15 point stone fall out. The jewellers were great and admited another one was lose as well (after 4 weeks of wear) and replaced the entire ring. My DH just brought home the new ring and streight away the colour seems not as white, one of the 11 stones has a definate coffee hint to it and on one stone there is a bigish black triangular spt ( sort of like a little black void of light).

ARghhh, I feel sick. The grading is supposed to be G and SI eyeclean. So my questions are:
I live in the UK, who can I go to get the grading checked - there is no way one of them is G colour ( I have used my engagement ring as a baseline for the first and second version of their ring and my engagement ring is a H and the first time it really looked like a H compared to the very crisp G, now they look the same if not worse .

With regard to the black triangle spot on one of the diamonds, is that what I should have to put up with?? The first version of this ring (the one the stone fell out of), each stone was just beautiful and I looked and looked, this one, I just notice this black spot (which is also on near the centre of the ring - so no hidding it, once you see it). Does that sound like a carbon spot, and should I expect to see blackish spots for an SI eyeclean (about 1/8 size of the stone)

Please help, I feel sick, I need some concrete information to take this up with them and see what the resolution is. But this ring (stones) is so not the same quality as the fiirst one.
39.gif

Thanks D2B

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Just to clarify the bigish black spot is only one one of the 15 point stones, in my haste and aggitated state, that didnt come accross clearly.
D2B

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 3:45:15 PM
Author: D2B
Just to clarify the bigish black spot is only one one of the 15 point stones, in my haste and aggitated state, that didnt come accross clearly.
D2B
Hi D2B. Sorry you're experiencing stress. You mentioned that the jeweler was great. Have you contacted them with your concerns? That might be a good way to set your mind more at ease - or to determine how much 'concrete info' you may need.

The original invoice with color/clarity details, an independent verification or appraisal of the first ring (if you have one) and/or photos would be helpful - but the fastest way to resolution could be getting the jeweler's help.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I would contact them to exchange it. And if they won''t, is it still within a return period? If the invoice lists the color and clarity arn''t they obligated to provide that? Could they maybe have the manufacturer remake the ring with the stones from your first ring and hopefully the replaced missing would be up to par.

That sucks and I hope you get it resoved fast.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
Yep, will contact the store John Quixote and amylikesrocks, however the manager is on leave and we have been dealing with her to fix the first mistake they made, and she left the day this ring came in so she actually hasnt seen this ring. I did stress to them that I was happy to wait longer to ensure a quality outcome and not to rush this, anyway. My thoughts were also to use the stones from the first ring (minus the one that fell out of course) and to remake the ring. These new stones, the majority just dont have that same light/sparke, as well as the other issues I mentioned. I do have 14 days for exchange, but I just want to get some concrete indepenent oppinions so that it doesnt turn into a argument about I think this is not good enough and they say it is, IYKWIM.

Irrespective of wether or not the big black spot for want of a better word should be in a G, SI eyeclean (should it by the way???),
surely a good craftsperson would have set a stone with faults visiable to the naked eye on the start or the end of the 11 point eternity ring,
so it really isnt seen in general wear as your finger covers it, rather than at the top of the ring???
32.gif

Will try to get some photos but not sure if such subtle colour differences, dark/black spot can be captured properly with my standard camera, or show up via a computer sceen.
Anyone know any appraisers they can recommend in London?

D2B

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
Just an update. Went back to the jeweller, they were great and conceded that the diamond definately had some issues and offered to get another new ring in for us to look at and if we were not happy to get a refund then. So great on that score. But to be honest not to sure how I feel about the ring now, will have to wait and see when the lastest version comes in. At this stage I am seriously contemplating a refund and going with whiteflash or signed pieces for an eternity ring (although I am in the UK so not to sure how that would work in a practical sense). At this stage I just want some peace of mind and to enjoy the new ring without thinking of all the hassles. When I finally have this sorted out will post pics
26.gif

Thanks again
D2B

PS - Sorry for the delay in upating, have been avoiding PS since my ring issues, as it was too depressing looking at all those perfect rings, whilst having issues with my own
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results