shape
carat
color
clarity

Urgent .. Got the 1.5F.. Hazy? Or lighting??

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
qui499kyl|1451514180|3968652 said:
Upgraded to the 1.7 carat. Still interested to hear which cut is better!

They said the H is a "true H" per the vendor with "no visible tint"

Congratulations! Reading through, I think the 1.70 is the more obvious choice based on what you've said about your SO.

In terms of cut, there is very little between them and I don't think anyone can pick one over the other in terms of superiority based on numbers alone. The only way to differentiate them is to see them in person. Arguably the slightly smaller table on the 1.70 should help give it a bit more fire.

All the best

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone!! Yes the ritani is beautiful. If I decide halo, I will probably go with ritani because it's more in my price range. The diamond itself is taking up my whole original budget, but well... She deserves it. Just want to get it right the first time! Either halo or keeping the solitaire setting. I know she wants this band (below) so maybe I should stick with simple solitaire ... Thought?

_868.png

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I would vote for a lovely solitaire setting with that nice diamond wedding band! I love bling too, but I believe the solitaire with the band would be elegant. That gives you room to upgrade to a halo setting sometime on a future anniversary!

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Am I reading correctly this falls within AGS 0 candidate per the HCA? The 1.7ct scored a 1.5, looks like it's in the box. Is that good? The 1.5 carat was slightly outside the inner box.

_869.png

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Downsy. I think now that it's a 1.7 I may not need the added size with halo... And you're right we can always upgrade if she wants.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
qui499kyl|1451525470|3968737 said:
The diamond itself is taking up my whole original budget, but well... She deserves it.
Yah, you rock!!! (No pun)

As far as the saying goes it really just depends what your fiance what you want. She may or may not like a halo so that would be more a personal choice of hers. It also would depend what wedding band she wanted to couple with the engagement ring.

1.5 on the HCA? Sounds good to me! All mine are under 2 (upper end closer to 2) and holy smoke do they shine! I mean S.H.I.N.E!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
qui499kyl|1451525857|3968740 said:
Thanks Downsy. I think now that it's a 1.7 I may not need the added size with halo... And you're right we can always upgrade if she wants.

Simple enough to go solitary for a few hundred and upgrade to a fancier setting later . No skin lost

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks cinnamonstick! Hoping this one shines too. Shes the last of the sisters/cousins in her family to get engaged (we have a daughter and the first year of her life was just too busy and expensive to throw in an engagement honestly) so I really do hope this wows her and shows her what an amazing woman and mom she is. She deserves it and more

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
qui499kyl|1451526360|3968744 said:
Thanks cinnamonstick! Hoping this one shines too. Shes the last of the sisters/cousins in her family to get engaged (we have a daughter and the first year of her life was just too busy and expensive to throw in an engagement ) so I really do hope this wows her and shows her what an amazing woman and mom she is. She deserves it and more

This one is a keeper! :) Lucky lady! How exciting!! Kids will suck you dry, but diamonds recharge :) :) Wow! Romantic man :) :) :) She will be ecstatic!! Yayyy! Great man!!!! A man who cares! :) Few and far inbetween :)

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh....ps,
Best is saved for last ;-)

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
qui499kyl|1451525766|3968739 said:
Am I reading correctly this falls within AGS 0 candidate per the HCA? The 1.7ct scored a 1.5, looks like it's in the box. Is that good? The 1.5 carat was slightly outside the inner box.

Numbers wise, both would be candidate for AGS 0 (if their ray analysis demonstrated they had ideal light performance). For some reason sometimes stones fall outside the AGS ideal box on the HCA graph, but actually would be AGS 0.

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks cinnamonstick, I hope she feels the same ;-)! So true, I will definitely tell her best for last lol.

Gm89uk, thank you for the useful information! I am finding I love learning about diamonds. Expensive habit I can imagine.

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Well,confirmed she wants a halo. I'm going to propose with this ring this weekend I think . We're going away and I kind of had a plan for how I'd do it when I booked this trip... Either looking at the ritani or the Steven kirsch for halos. I'm going to let her decide if she wants a bigger solitaire or a halo around this one or a halo around the 1.7. I saw the fluorescence in this ring this morning and I can't imagine anything less!!! I love it and I know she will. This periwinkle purple blue is one of her favorite colors diamonds aside.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results