shape
carat
color
clarity

URGENT! Can anyone help me to look at this blemish?

hellosisi1977

Rough_Rock
I got this AGS0 certified diamond and love it.
However, one thing make me not comfortible is the external blemishes.
The sales said that it's not in the middle of the diamond and very small like a feather, won't see it with bare eyes.
I heard that some kinds of blemishes on the girdle or edge will crack your diamond in mounting or daily wearing.
Will anyone take a look at it for me?
I couldn't see the "GREEN" circle mark in the diamond diagram from the certificate though. Does it mean it's on the girdle?
If the price for the diamond is aroung $4600, is it still a good buy?

0.84 carat, G, VS1, AGS ideal 0

Attachments

• AGS0.pdf
    131.4 KB · Views: 103

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see the green cavity on the diagram either, not sure what that means. But at a VS1 clarity I would generally assume it is not a threat to the diamond's integrity and it would definitely be eye-clean. You could get an independent appraisal to be completely sure.
The price seems to be a pretty good deal at $4600. Comparable diamonds that I found via the PS search were $4700-5300ish. But if you are paying tax on the $4600, then it's probably a wash in terms of any savings.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a VS1 from a reputable lab, inclusions are a total non-issue. Don't worry about it.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
External "issues" aren't figured into the clarity grade from what I've been told. My diamond has a "natural" on the oncerside of the girdle. I never noticed it on the cert and when my diamond was remounted recently I thought it was chipped. Apparently it had always been under a prong before. Any way, I wear my ring 24/7 and am not delicate with it. It's also been reset 5 times now. At least in my case it hasn't effected the strength (knock on wood).

pkanawha

Rough_Rock
Any inclusion (flaw) from GIA or AGS shouldn't matter till you get to the I2 range and you're several grades above that. Don't worry about it breaking from this problem.

hellosisi1977

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much! I feel much more comfortable now.
I'll go ahead order my wedding set now!
Will show it when I get it to return all the helps!
WOOHOO~

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results