carat
color
clarity

Urgent advice if possible - Now at intergem

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dear PSers,

My mom has decided against it, so I'll be going to the show and taking off my hold. Thanks so much for everyone's help and advice!

- Anya

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad we could all help you out, anyway! It was exciting!

Good to know in times of quick decision making need, PS ers are out there to back you up! :bigsmile:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi, I was thinking the same thing. How incredible it is that I could get feedback from knowledgeable people so quickly. And not just feedback -- some support, too! PS is really an amazing place.

Well, I have a continuation of my story. I went back to the show to get some of my deposit back (I did keep the little ring). I couldn't just walk away immediately, and started looking at tiny OECs in old rings, thinking that maybe I could find something to convert to earrings. I didn't state my intentions out loud, but Elena (the most talented seller on the team ;)) ) must have sensed it, and said "Would you like to look at some OEC earrings?" Well, sure I would... And she immediately handed me a pair that knocked me off my feet. The price was more than the ring!!! (5.5K was as low as they would go). But the stones... incredible. About a carat each, and better than the ring stone. They had AVC-like crosses in the middle, and looked like flowers. And they seemed whiter, too. One stone had some light inclusions (looked like a tiny line drawn by a pencil), the other looked clean. And the settings were exactly what I love, too -- dangly, simple and understated.

In short -- I and my money were done for. I left a deposit, and now will pay them off in the course of the next six months. My AVC will stay with me, too.

I don't know the specs, but Elena will send them to EGL (I believe, sorry not too familiar with labs. I just know it was not GIA) in the next week, and email me the preliminary report.

I will probably tell people that these came from my grandmother. I mean, 1ct diamonds in each ear is really... really extravagant for me at this point in my life. But I'll tell people I got them from my grandma, and who knows if they're real diamonds of not :cheeky:

I'll also probably have to quit visiting PS for a long while, and ebay, and Etsy, and all the other sites I love browsing in my free time. I need a break and to save my pennies for these beauties. But this time (unlike with the initial ring) I really feel it's worth it. It feels right. I am happy ::)

Thanks for all your help, and you time reading my rambles :bigsmile:

earrings 2.JPG

earrings 1.JPG

earrings 3.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are BEAUTIFUL. Lucky you :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks bright ice :) I love them too. There was no conflict in my mind this time :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

They are STUNNING!!! Oh - just "OH"!!!

And my heavens, look at you go with the 'stretching of the truth' - you are my hero! I love that these were once your grandmothers - how sweet is that that she chose you, of all the grandchildren, to gift them to. You must be a very special little girl in her heart... :Up_to_something: ;)) :Up_to_something:

You go girl!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are great and I think what you are feeling about these, is the way you are supposed to feel when you break the bank - you love them, you are happy with them, you feel you did the right thing and you can pay them off over time. Its a total WIN WIN!! (damn that Elena --- she had plans for you right from the start....tee hee!!!)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi: Yup, it's because she knew that I'd love them best of all. Since childhood, I've lovely jewelry and pretty stones, and who but my grandmother to appreciate it :cheeky: Gosh, I feel kinda weird now. Anyway, when I'm old enough and earn an appropriate salary, maybe I'll own up to them :bigsmile:

When I finally have them in my hands, I'll come back in post them in the SMTB thread. Till then, it'll be all sweet anticipation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! TDF! :love:
Enjoy them and wear in health and happiness!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you missy :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1335123357|3177887 said:
Enerchi: Yup, it's because she knew that I'd love them best of all. Since childhood, I've lovely jewelry and pretty stones, and who but my grandmother to appreciate it :cheeky: Gosh, I feel kinda weird now. Anyway, when I'm old enough and earn an appropriate salary, maybe I'll own up to them :bigsmile:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I gotta say, when I read that, I thought "oh, is it REALLY TRUE? is there a grandmother who gave them to her??? NO (Enerchi you idiot!) its the scam talking!" You are good - you fooled me right away, so I think you're story is going to be dead on when you tell it! Tear up a bit, too, when you tell others all about their 'history'!!! hahahaha!!! I soooo want you on my side if I'm ever defending myself for some heinous crime! :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi, I take that as a compliment :lol:

I wish I was quick on my feet in coming up with stories though! Alas, that's not the case. I am soo bad at lying, or even storytelling. I will have to prepare ahead of time, rehearse it a couple times in front of the mirror, while staring at the earrings... :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1335131812|3177965 said:
Enerchi, I take that as a compliment :lol:

I wish I was quick on my feet in coming up with stories though! Alas, that's not the case. I am soo bad at lying, or even storytelling. I will have to prepare ahead of time, rehearse it a couple times in front of the mirror, while staring at the earrings... :bigsmile:

Geesh, you sure are good on the threads, then!!! You fooled me!! I think you have a gift for it - I'm impressed! :appl: :lol: :wink2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you see my tag line below? (When in doubt, don't.)

You just KNOW when something is right. I am so glad you waited for the thing that was worth making sacrifices for! These are gorgeous!!! :love:

Most people are clueless about diamond cost and those are old cut diamonds that most people aren't familiar with. I would not lie. I would just say...oh, I found these old antique earrings and just had to have them! If they ask how big the diamonds are, that is when I would fudge and say I don't exactly recall!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamondseeker... you know, that is a good point. I think I'll say exactly that. Thanks!

Btw, I don't see your tagline for some reason... maybe it's my browser.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh those are AMAZING.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
distracts, thank you! can't wait for the EGL report. Next week, Elena said...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1335133081|3177983 said:
Diamondseeker... you know, that is a good point. I think I'll say exactly that. Thanks!

Btw, I don't see your tagline for some reason... maybe it's my browser.

~~~ When in doubt...don't.~~~

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the earrings! They are beautiful! I'm glad that you decided to go for them.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Rhea :))

I figured that's what the tagline was. And what good advice!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful earrings!

I think it's always tough when you're in a "now or never" purchase situation. I'm glad the earrings told you they had to go home with you.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you Lotus!

The pressure of the situation was indeed quite intense (with the ring). I think so much adrenaline was pumped into my system, I felt sick for the rest of the day. The earring transaction went pretty smoothly though ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results