shape
carat
color
clarity

upset...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Upsetmistress, if he insists on taking you to court, he will not only show his face for the scum that he really is,I hope you get someone like Judge Judy. Maybe you should write her.
11.gif
In her court, she'd humiliate him and ultimately you'd win.

Websailor, I'm an old fashioned one too. I had been in an engagement long ago that didn't work. The situation was nothing like this though. I returned the ring because it was the right thing to do.

But in this situation, my evil side is winning.
11.gif

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Upsetmistress,

I sorry to hear what happen to you. Please remember it is not the end of the world. You deserve better. Wait a bit before deciding whether or not to return the ring...and do what makes you feel good!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I think it's funny that upsetmistress has only posted one time and has gotten such a strong reaction here. Also, she never asked what to do with the ring, but boy do we all have some opinions about it!

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
She hasn't posted again, but she obviously wanted some kind of reaction or just to vent, but people usually come back and post again. Assuming this is a true story. Upsetmistress is an interesting name to call yourself if you were the fiance and the other woman was the mistress. I just have questions about someone who hits and runs by starting a thread and then you never hear from them again. This was her first post. Obviously there are some strong feelings here concerning engagements and the commitment involved, but it's interesting to see how often something like this apparently happens.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, since this thread has turned into yet another "should the ring be returned" discussion.

Here's my take. First, it's unfathomable that someone whould propose w/ a 2 c ring & not be committed. Second, my e-ring was a gift. PERIOD. I was proposed to on my birthday & was told it was a gift. That's how committed he was (but it wasn't no 2 c either
wink2.gif
9.gif
). Third, the law is not etched in stone on this issue - lot's o' end, if or butts. And, my final thought on this - I'm a big believer in situational ethics on this issue.

Something else to consider - perhaps not in this case. The gal can incurr many costs in the form of deposits, etc. that can not be recouped if the marriage doesn't come to be.

And, yeah, the name - upsetmistress made me think twice.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I had something similar happen to me. My guy proposed and then 3 weeks later said he thought it would be good for him to date other girls before he was forced to settle down to just one.
eek.gif
He actually expected me to be OK with it.
angryfire.gif

That guy broke my heart but I finally got over the hurt and anger and married my husband of almost 13 years now. Thank goodness that I didn't marry that jerk. That experience did teach me to appreciate the right guy when he came along.

What ever became of the jerk? In his dating of other girls he got one of them pregnant (on a one night stand), married her, divorced her and now at age 45 is a single dad, living alone and fighting a growing bald spot and pot belly. I'm sure there aren't too many girls beating a path to his door now.

Keep your chin up, you'll be so glad you didn't waste a trip down the aisle on that idiot. Give him his ring back and slam the door shut. Why make it uglier with a huge fight over it. Just get him out of your life as quickly as possible. What could it represent now other than a failed relationship. You'll meet someone worthy of your love one day.
2.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
It goes to say.... "what goes around... comes around..." I bet everyday the jerk is kicking himself in the you-know-what for ever letting you go. THAT is something he has to live with for the rest of his life.

Saying good-bye and letting go is always hard, but there is a good reason for it. Let him go... set yourself free and remember the sea is big... go find NEMO. THE one you are meant to be with.
9.gif
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Momo..funny you mention the name of the poster and the story..I was thinking the same thing..what an odd choice of name when correlated to the story. Then to post once and never return...doubly odd. Just the 3 line vent and poof!
confused.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/12/2004 10:19:03 AM Momoftwo wrote:

She hasn't posted again, but she obviously wanted some kind of reaction or just to vent, but people usually come back and post again. Assuming this is a true story. Upsetmistress is an interesting name to call yourself if you were the fiance and the other woman was the mistress. I just have questions about someone who hits and runs by starting a thread and then you never hear from them again. This was her first post. Obviously there are some strong feelings here concerning engagements and the commitment involved, but it's interesting to see how often something like this apparently happens. ----------------

Very astute Momof2, I thought about his too. But my evil side took over and I had too much thinking about the toe ring.
9.gif

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I would think by now that she would have posted again, so I would chalk this up to not being a true post. Anyway, it's so easy to portray something online that isn't true and suck people in. I'm amazed all the time that people are ready to believe all kinds of things because they're in print. There are those that get a kick out of people's reactions. It's a kind of voyeurism.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
What ever became of the jerk? In his dating of other girls he got one of them pregnant (on a one night stand), married her, divorced her and now at age 45 is a single dad, living alone and fighting a growing bald spot and pot belly. I'm sure there aren't too many girls beating a path to his door now.

]----------------

What's that saying?... living a good life is the best revenge... or something like that.
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/12/2004 11:04:34 PM Momoftwo wrote:

I would think by now that she would have posted again, so I would chalk this up to not being a true post. Anyway, it's so easy to portray something online that isn't true and suck people in. I'm amazed all the time that people are ready to believe all kinds of things because they're in print. There are those that get a kick out of people's reactions. It's a kind of voyeurism.
----------------

Momoftwo,

I had the same thought about the name. I also kept checking to see her second post to confirm the story. If it were true, like you said, I think she would have posted again.

I think it is creepy to think some one would make something like this up just to see the reactions. Oh well, it takes all kinds!
rodent.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think she is the mistress,but she's pizz off because he took the ring back.
cry.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what I was thinking too, vtigger.
14.gif

zdrastvootya

Shiny_Rock
Isn't it called "trolling"? You go on a forum, post something inflammatory or controversial, just to try to get a lot of reaction/responses. (Although in this case, it's not really inflammatory or controversial, just something that would get a lot of responses.)

Z.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/14/2004 4:59:27 PM zdrastvootya wrote:

Isn't it called 'trolling'? You go on a forum, post something inflammatory or controversial, just to try to get a lot of reaction/responses. (Although in this case, it's not really inflammatory or controversial, just something that would get a lot of responses.)

Z.

----------------

I call is "someone with WAAAYYYY too much tme on their hands". Needs a life...

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
upsetmistress is a weird name, you're right. I think someone posted a similar post in the bridal section.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results