shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I love my engagement ring diamond, it''s so firey and bright, it''s sooo beautiful and everything I want but I was never completely, 100% satisfied with it. It was my first upgrade and not my true original engagement ring ( I still have my original engagement ring, that one I will always hold onto, it is simply priceless). But I always wanted a 2+ carat diamond and I kinda felt I "settled" for this one because my husband thought a 2 carat just look monstrous and silly on my size 4 finger. Well, it''s been almost 2 years, and after giving so much thought into perhaps changing the setting to make the diamond look bigger, maybe adding side stones, etc. etc., I have come to terms with letting the diamond go. I spoke to my husband about it, and this is a guy who although he does spoil me with diamonds, really feels diamonds are his life long nemesis. Something happened that gave him the epiphany that life is just too darn short to not go out and just get what you want and enjoy it. So I am now in the process of getting my upgrade diamond. My husband is such a sweetheart! I could''ve sent my ring in much sooner but I spent the last 2 weeks "saying goodbye" to this diamond--I can''t believe how attached I am to it! My husband just mailed my engagement ring back to GOG this afternoon. My left hand feels sooo naked. I''m glad I took all these pictures when I first got my ring, since I won''t ever see that diamond again. I''ll share them with you all. But on the very bright side, I will be getting my new diamond in about 2-3 weeks. YAY!!!

5597-1.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry you are having to let that stone go.
7.gif
What sort of stunner are you planning on replacing it with? 2-3 weeks from now is pretty quick do you already have the stone picked out? Details!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
This diamond is 1.49 J VVS2.

5597-2.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif

5597-3.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

5597-4.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif

5597-5.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

5597-6.jpg

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!
30.gif

I can''t wait to see your new upgrade though!
31.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Matatora! The new diamond will be 2.03 carats, J vs2. I can''t wait! I think 2-3 weeks is a very long time--it''s been only an afternoon and my left hand feels so naked, it''s weird!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Are you able to keep the setting? It is a Precision Set? It''s very pretty. Congrats on the new upgrade. Why is it going to take so long?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leila...YAY!!!! The new diamond sounds SMASHING. I can''t wait to see it!!!
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh yummy! Is the new stone coming from GOG as well! You are one seriously lucky lady!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! Demelza, you''re right--it is a Precision Set! I know, I thought 2-3 weeks is kinda too long. But the diamond will need a new head since the current one is too small and I think GOG will need to send the entire ring to Precision Set. Plus, my current diamond needs to be checked over to make sure it''s in the same condition it was when we bought it.

Anyone who exchanged/upgraded their diamond and kept their existing setting, how long was the turn around time? Does 2-3 weeks sound right?

Mara, remember I asked you about the non-faceted girdle? Well, that girdle thing was driving me nuts so I kept putting my diamond pendant on my finger and kept staring at it to see if the bruted girdle would bother me. I did this for days. Talk about nuts! He he, my husband didn''t even bother to ask what I was doing. And then I got over it and didn''t notice the girdle anymore.
14.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Leila, your ring is gorgeous, but I think your 2ct is going to be amazing. I know how you feel about settling for not quite what you wanted, I did the same when it comes to size (due to scarcity of 1.75 to 2ct stones) and it does niggle me. Although you''ll be yearning for your ring for 2-3 weeks, the new diamond will definitely make a huge statement when it''s finally on your finger. Good luck with it and congratulations!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the new one Leila although the old one is pretty fab and looks MONSTROUS on your finger, so this new one will be a Behemoth
6.gif
9.gif
30.gif
3.gif
Your fingers must be really titchy to make a 1.5 looks so enormous, what size are you?

susi

Shiny_Rock
Leila, 2 ct RBs are just about the perfect "size" in my opinion. They are not tooooo anything.....except beautiful! I feel you will love your newly set ring and new stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aren''t ugrades just the most exciting thing?!?!?!?!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh leila, how exciting. Congrats on your upgrade. I think a 2 carat will look incredible on your size 4 hand. i hope the time goes fast, just think, you''ll have your new diamond to show off Thanksgiving
2.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I agree, Suzi. I don''t know what it is about a 2 ct size that is so right. I know many think it is HUGE, but to me it is the perfect balance -- larger than average but not enormous either. I can''t want to see it, Leila.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Leila, your 1.5 carat stone looks HUGE on your hand. I can''t wait to see the 2 carat! Congrats!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Your hubby sounds like a very smart man! wink-wink! Can''t wait for the pictures of the 2 carat diamond. It''s going to be lovely.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s beautiful! Lovely setting.

I know what you mean about letting the diamond go and being sad. But if you''ve had a persistent, nagging feeling that you settled, I think you are doing the right thing. It''s very exciting to go to the next level!

Can''t wait to see pictures of your upgrade!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh how exciting for you.
You''re gonna love the new one too.
I''ve always admired your setting.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''m so excited for you and I love your ring!!! I can''t wait until you get your new diamond!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep I remember the Q about the girdle...I actually like my girdle, it doesn''t bother me at all. If it was faceted it would be fine too, I''ve had both. It''s just a bit more visually interesting with the frosted girdle.

When WF has my ring to switch out the stone they take less than a week total but it''s because they know I am DYING without my ring over here, and also I still have my same head. But next upgrade, I''ll have to get a new head. However, if it''s the same Stuller head they can order that in advance while my ring is traveling so turnaround woulod probably still be about a week or less.

But if your ring has to go to Precision Set to be redone, that''s different!! Can''t wait til you have it back.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Leila,

I can see why your husband thinks that the 2 carat would be silly on you.
That 1.5 carat is monsterous on teeny finger! I thought that it was more than 2 carats.
Love the scintillation and fire out of that ring.
Can''t wait to see the new upgrade.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leila, how exciting!! I love your ering but can''t wait to see your upgrade. Good for you!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Leila,

That 1.49 looks humungo on your tiny finger! I can''t wait to see the upgrade! You are one lucky gal!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Congratulations on your upgrade - more pictures for us to look forward to.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW gorgeous stone, and it loosk HUGE on your finger, can''t imagine something even bigger!
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results