shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringshopping1

Rough_Rock
I am buying a diamond eternity band that i am very excited about, however, I know me and know that in about 10 years I will want bigger stones. Does anyone know if a reputable jeweler will give you fair market price for the original ring to put towards a substantial upgrade from them?

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
From what I understand, many jewelers have a trade-up policy, but only if you bought the ring from them originally. Some will give you credit for the full purchase price, some will give you 75% or 50% of what you paid for it originally. If you know that's something that's going to be happening in the future, I'd look for a jeweler who offers this...and get it in writing!
1.gif

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
I will say now that dealing with any jeweler or any business person no matter if its for a car or a coin or an antique, or in this day and age stocks and even diamond rings, and especialy computers, rarely and I mean rarely will you ever see the same money back out of what somoene paid retail for said item. Bottom line is, anyone in any business is in business to make a living and to make a living there must be a profit. There is no way around that unless your willing to go second hand.
Some jewelers do trade ups like car dealerships...however, if you are getting this to be something nice for yourself, it doesnt matter. If you want to go with someting bigger for yourself, thats ok, if you dont need the old ring, have the diamonds set into someting else? thats what I do for most of my customers, quite often people who are getting married young cant afford more than say a .20 to .33 stone, not very large, but its what they could get, 5 to 10 years down the raod if they are doing well they upgrade, A larger stone is purchased, but the first stome that has been with her for so long...why get rid of it, its special, and was there since the begining. Usualy it ends up in a pendant or as a side stone on the larger ring.
My advize is not to rack your brain on the subject of what you can get back from it, its like trying to see what you get back out of a lunch you had 5 years ago, or a vacation...you get enjoyment from it
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results