shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading Engagement Ring on Anniversary - Advice

OtusLondon

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would love the thoughts of all of you out there on this. All the stars are aligned as within the next month it is my lovely wife's birthday, our fifth wedding anniversary and the birth of our first baby. I want to mark all this by getting her a nicer (i.e. bigger engagement ring). She currently has a very simple 0.5 carat solitaire from Cartier and although she is happy with it, I suspect she would have preferred it to have been bigger. We will have the original turned into a pendant so she does not lose the sentimental attachment. But which option would you prefer for a budget of around £20k (USD26k) (all of these paved with small side diamonds):

1. 1.8c from BlueNile, signature cut, H colour
2. 1.5c from Hirsch London, excellent, E
3. 1.28c from Graff, excellent H
4. 1.41c from Cartier excellent H

How much does brand matter or would you be happier with the 1.8c from BlueNile, a very reputable online dealer, in its best cut?

Thank you

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I'd take the 1.8ct from bluenile only because it's possible to pick the exact diamond you'd like to purchase as opposed to being forced into the rings that are already available/the relatively small diamond inventories of the designer houses.

I have a pendant from bluenile, and the stone is an AGS0 candidate stone without the branded pricetag, even though it is "signature ideal." I'd be fine with it, and I'm a pretty brand conscious person.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I wouldn't pay for the brand name but it may be important to your wife? I'd look at Whiteflash and buy one of their super ideal cuts, H, as close to the 2 carats as possible with that budget! Sounds like you are about to be very busy with lots of life events- all the best :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results